Blyth Spartans... Of What I Can Remember

ArtyHaire

Reaction score
My last game I was playing, I was manager of Blyth Spartans AFC. They started with a decent line up, but I released a good 20 players on my first day, replacing them with foreign outfits. My first proper signing was striker, Zlatko Zelko who I played into my 4-1-2-3 formation. He was alright, but had to play on the left side as a right footed player, along side Rob Dale and Sean Reay. That attacking line up helped me to 2 1-1 draws against good teams, seeing as I was predicted 18th. Chris McCabe and Aussie Adrian Webster, were my midfield with captain Gareth Williams at DM. I made a quick signing to bolster my defence with Aaron Dhajansouzi joining up with Loan signing Simon Todd at CB. I was struggling to find a good Left back but managed to sign Simon Spender from League 2 Wrexham for right back. This new line up lead me to sevral succesive wins and put me in 2nd place in the BSN. My only let down were the goals that I was conceding regurlaly. I replaced Bell with a new Premiership signing, Matthew Atkinson. I eventually found a last resort left back called Mee. Little did I know I would sign his left back brother ater on, Ben Mee. I hed up a fierce rivalry with Gateshead, who I could only manage a draw against at home, but later on thrashing them 3-0 away. My F.A. Cup dreams ended in the 2nd Qualifier against Harrogate Railway. I also lost the F.A. Trophy. As the season drew to an end, Zlatko Zelko picked up a terrible injury and I signed Antigua and Barbuda striker Mfeye. He scored plenty of goals and replaced Zlatko permanently. My last game of the season was against Fleetwood who were in 2nd, while I was in 1st by only 1 point. The game was 2-1 to Fleetwood until 82 Mins when Rob Dale buried a stormer from 25 Yards. This won me the league.

My period in the BSP started badly with 7 draws, 6 losses and 3 wins. I had replaced almost my whole team with players from Premier League clubs that had been released. I sort of gave up at that point.

I am now managing B.Jerusalem and Montenegro U19s in a different game.