leedsfan86

EIEIEIO........
Reaction score
Im currently managing Grosseto in the Italian serie b. Im currently lying 10th in the league and every other game i get told by the media basically if i have a bad result i will get the sack and at the end of every month i get told by the board they are disappointed with my performance but at the start of the season my media prediction was to finish 8th and my board goals was to finish in the top half of the table and im currently on to achieve both these but not only that i got to the quarter finals of the italian cup knocking out lecce and inter milan along the way eventually losing to ac milan 3-0 (which the board were also disappointed by). I guess what im trying to say is how the **** can you make the board happy its really ruining my game. Any thoughts would be appreciated..................

Continue to win games. Aim to finish inside the top six by the end of the season and you should be safe.

thats the thing as well at one point id won 6 straight matches and they were still disappointed. Do you think it could be a bug because grosseto are pretty **** and i think ive done pretty well so far lol...

Yeah but then ill end up in the depths of serie c1 or c2 lol

It may be a bug, but I would say that winning games is your only options.

Resignation doesn't seem like a good bet, so, stick with them until you get the chop.

Probably a very ambitious board too

the chairman is looking to get out so dont no if that could have owt to do with it...

ah right. that case, previous posts make more sense then lol. Just keep winning. Saying that, when I took charge of Fulham in the Championship, they were only "satisfied" I got them back to the Prem in my first time of being in charge.

yeah like i said i beat inter who are top of serie a i beat them 3-1 away as well and didnt get any credit lol id say it was my best ever result on fm.

Never had a result that big yet lol. Though with Liverpool being the first prem fixture for me, I better get something better than "satisfied" lol. Maybe if it is a bug, the next patch may fix it when it comes out

Did Mike Ashley buy your club?
Really though im not sure, did you change the season expectations for the extra money to say youd win the league or something? :)

im having a similar problem with sheffield united ive sold a few players like cresswell to try and make funds but havent spent any money , the only players ive brought in have been loan and free players im expected to finish in the top half of thetable im currently 2nd, but the board are "fustrated with my performaces"

what did you tell the board that you would achieve in the pre-season expectations?

If you told them promotion or attempt to win promotion, not being 'up there' will cause them to be disappointed with your performance...

conversely, if you had said 'avoid relegation' and you were mid-table they'd be pleased or better...

i was similar when i started a new middlesbrough league, i said at the start of the season i would aim for play offs, started the season with 7 straight league wins but was knocked out the league cup by aston villa 2-1 during this time.

Then i got a news article saying "boro boss needs a win" implying the board were unhappy with my league performance, i got this a few weeks running while i was winning but strangely went away when my form dropped and i was losing or scraping a draw

Does it matter? Providing you know you're doing well and the board haven't sacked you I'd carry on. It's only a game, no harm can come from simply playing on with them. At the end of the day you don't need a computer to tell you you've done well. If you smashed the league and they were still disappointed would you still care?

just to let you know i set my season expectations as mid table as my transfer budget was £0 either way and in the end i got the sack in 9th place 32 games into the season im now managing leeds and all is going well also i noticed the same team sacked another manager they are lying in 17th so guess i had the last laugh