Phikayor

Reaction score
Hey guys, so i just finished my 4th season with Real Sociedad, so far i've won the champions league, club world cup, la liga x2 and copa del rey.....pretty successful career right? I have one problem for the second the in a row my BOARD HAS GIVEN ME A TRANSFER OF 1.1MILLION....WTF sigh this is really furstrating as I can't strengthen the team while keeping core players. Can anybody tell me if this is glitch or something thank you...(oh also building a new stadium that is almost completed)

It depends on your balance, your wage spend, your transfer activities in previous years (monthly installments counting against you?) and whatever else you're spending money on, like the stadium being built.

Last edited:
The stadium's the only thing.......transfer activity has been really low since the end of my second season, only bought two players, expensive been 6 mill.....it's kinda furstrating because when i ask the board they say they don't have funds, the funny thing was i tested something. I resigned and a new manager came in, his first bu was lucas silva.......for 17 mill .-.

The stadium's the only thing.......transfer activity has been really low since the end of my second season, only bought two players, expensive been 6 mill.....it's kinda furstrating because when i ask the board they say they don't have funds, the funny thing was i tested something. I resigned and a new manager came in, his first bu was lucas silva.......for 17 mill .-.
SINCE the end of the second season. And before then? And you've bought 2 players and the last 2 seasons then?

I've bought two and sold one for 17 mill.....had to sell him to get some money to improve the squad

Have you noticed that your balance is at NEGATIVE 30 million? You can be lucky that you got 1.1m at all!

More money?

1. Sell players.

2. Reduce wages.

3. Win competitions.

Edit: Saying that, it won't be a quick fix. You're losing 30m a season. You're going overboard on a lot of things, but the new stadium should improve ticket sales at least.

Last edited:
But i've won 5 trophies in 4 yrs and looking to win the champions cup for a second time.....well guess it's time to overhaul the squad

So you've done 1 out of 3.

More money?

1. Sell players.

2. Reduce wages.

3. Win competitions.

Edit: Saying that, it won't be a quick fix. You're losing 30m a season. You're going overboard on a lot of things, but the new stadium should improve ticket sales at least.

I understand, well thanks alot bro. You have been really helpful :)

Looks like you found out the hard way on making alot of financial commitments!....Dont worry i was in the same shoes.....

Sometimes a club need a good clearout! I had to sell alot of my players to bring myself back to a positive balance..... Try to keep hold of your very best youngster and sell the older lot.. Depending on your management skills id say expect to drop behind on winning stuff for a season or two to transition and rebuild :)

Hey guys, so i just finished my 4th season with Real Sociedad, so far i've won the champions league, club world cup, la liga x2 and copa del rey.....pretty successful career right? I have one problem for the second the in a row my BOARD HAS GIVEN ME A TRANSFER OF 1.1MILLION....WTF sigh this is really furstrating as I can't strengthen the team while keeping core players. Can anybody tell me if this is glitch or something thank you...(oh also building a new stadium that is almost completed)

like the stadium being built.
o.png

sell players on high wages, adjust your wage budget and transfer budget, and if possible, keep them both positive..
you might have a number of players on lucrative contracts.. you sell a couple of them, and things change significantly..
also, you might have a number of pending transfers? future ins? their wages will also be accommodated while transfer budget is allocated to you..

Definitely cut back on wages, it is important to ensure your total wage bill is less than the max on offer, a board loves a manager who sells high buys low and keeps wages in check. I always try to buy in younger players with potential at low prices even if they don't make your first team you can often sell them on for a profit. A new stadium will help long but only if you fill it, as has been suggested a few lean years on the trophy front with younger players will built up your coffers ready for a big push once your squad is reaching maturity and the new ground is in place. It will be a hard slog but ultimately it will be worth it.

Also look for friendlies that will net you good money during preseason, though in this version of FM it seems harder than in previous ones. More often than not (like >90%) you'll earn just a few tens of thousand euros per friendly; but I've had a few friendlies that were expected to provide hundreds of thousand and one with one million profit expected. These would be just small boosts to compliment the other saving measures.

Oh my, a BIG thanks to you all. Haven't played in a while due to school work but yh imma start clearing out the team and bring in young players only problem is that i'm afraid to Offer them to clubs as this may reduce morale and what not. Again thank you for all your responses i really appreciate it

Umm well started playing recently at the beginning of the season the club had a balance of 78,000,000 and a projected transfer budget of 34.5 mil. I was pleased with this and was looking forward to the end of the season. I'm in Jan 2019 and my balance is 26,000,000 with a projected transfer budget of 6,700,000. I'm a lil worried, so far i've won the euro supercup, club world cup and i've been trying to sell players. Can anyone explain this to me? ;w;