Board Interfering With Transfers

gonzo1986

Reaction score
Hi,

firstly apologies if this has been posted in wrong thread.

So started a new game with my beloved spurs and then I seem to have no say outgoings. Transfer list Wanyama and the next thing I know the board have accepted a loan deal which I have no say on. Also transfer list Eriksen for 60m and the board accept a bid of 45m again I have no Say on.

Has anyone had this issue?

thanks

David

Maybe it's not a board issue, but in your responsibilities settings you checked for your staff taking care of transfers?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me

i checked the staff responsibilities and looks like I am still meant to be in charge of it still a strange one

David

If that's not the case, then indeed it's a bit weird.
I had situations like this before, but only while managing some small crappy club and receiving some record beating transfer value for a player, I would never expect to see anything like this in Premier League, especially not in Tottenham.

I had that problem with my Man Utd, discovered that the club's loan manager was overruling me. One click later and the Loan Manager was history.

I did have that with Juventus. The board stopped a only 20M deal for a wonder kid saying the player doesnt justify the cost. Even though, I was in charge of all transfer

It can actually get way worse than that even.

I'm managing Porto and they've basically told me unless it's a transfer from a rival i cant make any transfers because of a club vision. The bad thing about this is Rival teams are gonna put huge prices on players, also most of the players are not exactly what i'm looking for.

So at the moment my team is more or less embargo'd when i have 35 million ready to spend. It's frustrating beyond belief. The worst thing about it is i cant even change the club vision.

It can actually get way worse than that even.

I'm managing Porto and they've basically told me unless it's a transfer from a rival i cant make any transfers because of a club vision. The bad thing about this is Rival teams are gonna put huge prices on players, also most of the players are not exactly what i'm looking for.

So at the moment my team is more or less embargo'd when i have 35 million ready to spend. It's frustrating beyond belief. The worst thing about it is i cant even change the club vision.

Did you check Loan Manager thing like someone did above? I have not seen it happen again although I have come across something similar with Atletico Bilbao where the board was allowing transfers of players with Basque background only

Did you check Loan Manager thing like someone did above? I have not seen it happen again although I have come across something similar with Atletico Bilbao where the board was allowing transfers of players with Basque background only

Is this a joke? Or you arent aware thats a real life rule for them for very long time? They only sign Basque players.

Is this a joke? Or you arent aware thats a real life rule for them for very long time? They only sign Basque players.

No, I was not aware of that :) thanks for condescending but informative reply (y)

I didnt mean to be condescending. But thats litterally what Bilbao are known for, their strict ethnic/nationality based recruitment.

Depends sometimes the board goes over your head and you can't do anything or it could be a contract negotiation and you've put a release clause and a team hit it

I didnt mean to be condescending. But thats litterally what Bilbao are known for, their strict ethnic/nationality based recruitment.
All good mate. I do not follow Spanish league or any other league closely for that matter. Being on down under makes them game mostly on awkward times for me.