board keeps cancelling facility upgrades

mnk26

Reaction score
In the 7th year of my juventus team, team value is about $500 million, with almost no debt, and I get transfer budgets of 70-80 million every season, sometimes another 50+ in the january window. Yet my chairman ALWAYS cancels the upgrades to youth or training facilities. He almost always agrees to upgrade it, yet a few months later cancels without fail, I have never completed one upgrade. The prices for the upgrades are always so small, something like 4 million, yet it is cancelled due to "lack of funds"
Why is this? My youth facilities are only "good" now and my training facilities are "excellent" instead of top!
To test it out one season I barely spent any of my budget, had 50 million plus free to spend. Yet still cancelled.

Wow. sounds like it could be a glitch. I was going to suggest that maybe with the massive budgets, if you spend all of it while the upgrades are happening, then there could be a lack of funds. but you say you've tested it out without spending the budget too. so it has to be a glitch of some sort :O

Wow, if this is a glitch that is incredibly annoying....I'm seven seasons into this game, and I planned to keep going, but if I can never upgrade my facilities i don't know if I should bother...............could i possibly download FMRTE (never used it before) and edit the training facilities, and then stop using the program?

You can but imo that is cheating but everyone is entitled to play the game how they wish. But tbf I see your point if the game has glitched on you. :)

Yeah, it should have first been upgraded like 3-4 seasons ago, so I don't really view that as cheating. I'll also subtract some money from the clubs finances to account for the upgrade

you can do it if you want, but do you really need to upgrade that stuff really? I've never noticed any major difference anyway. But if you want to, go ahead an use FMRTE. i don't viewing it as cheating either :D

It must be a glitch as I'm PSV at mo and the board have upgraded the ground twice and I'm in the fourth season. Still have some debt got about 70mill in bank and have 25mill transfer budget.

I'm currently Deportivo in 2016 and have experienced this on 3 occasions now.

Despite consistently making a profit every month (apart from a couple of months of minimal debt - £100,000 we're talking), and now on a tranfer budget of £29m and wage budget of £680,000... The board agree to an upgrade, only to cancel it due to lack of funds with about a month to go.

Have you guys checked your bank balance? Facility upgrades don't come from transfer budget. If your low on cash you might still have a decent transfer budget but not enough money to complete the upgrades. Wage budget and club value are not related either, I think.

Indeed, bank balance may be worse, they probably cancel the upgrades to free funds for your budgets.

I wish there was an option to put some of the transfer budget money towards it then, the club value goes up every season so I know we are making money to some extent, and I always have at least 10 mil left over in the transfer budget, which is enough right there to do the upgrade. I'm just going to keep playing and ignore this, but it is a little annoying that Inter's youth facilities are two classes better than mine.

Maybe this is because of that you are managing Juventus? :D I have managed this team also, had big transfer budgets and almost no debt, still facilities always were cancelled.

You could try using the slider to put all your transfer budget into your wage budget? Not sure if it will work but you can always give it a try.