Reaction score
So a couple of seasons ago i set my board promises as signing first team youngsters, and giving youth a chance. Those two seasons were gravy, maxed out the confidence for both targets last season, signing some class wonderkids like Will Hughes, Batshuayi, Crisetig, Depay, Peruzzi, Allione etc. plus a couple of regens here and there.

The plan was to build a team around these guys, which I have done. True I signed a couple of older players when the situation arose, but they're not old old. People like Doumbia for example. I have an average age of 23, which is the youngest in my division. But this season I have not made many signings at all, so the confidence in signing youngsters has plummeted to 1%. I bought in Frey for 1 year because Ospina is out for 6 months, and his cover is not ready yet. Doumbia on a free, and a regen who's going to be the God of Football when he's matured. (13 acceleration, 14 agility, 13 balance, 16 pace, 14 stamina, determination 20, composure 13, teamwork and work rate both above 15 blah blah blah.) So not really much need to sign players as the whole point of buying the players I did, when I did, was for them to grow, maturing in their roles, playing as a unit together from an early age, so I wouldn't have to constantly splurge on marquee signings, as well as giving them lots of first team football, in Europe as well.

It would be nice if the board understood this

Totally agree - perhaps SIGAMES can bear this in mind for future versions?

From what level did it drop to rock bottom ?
Are you sure about those - " singning young first team players" - being the exact words in the board promise ?

If it was from a high level and you are indeed sure, then I would log it as a bug over at SI.

I couldn't agree more, every time i start at a new club, say Bayern or Barca, I've been told to develop new players, play attacking football and last but not least play possesion football! The two first parts are easy and i always gets 100%, BUT when it comes to the possesion-part, I can play a full season with an average on 65-75% possesion and still their only JUST happy about it! I mean COME ON!!!

I couldn't agree more, every time i start at a new club, say Bayern or Barca, I've been told to develop new players, play attacking football and last but not least play possesion football! The two first parts are easy and i always gets 100%, BUT when it comes to the possesion-part, I can play a full season with an average on 65-75% possesion and still their only JUST happy about it! I mean COME ON!!!

Well, that's because you have met their high expectations ( happy ) but have not exceeded them ( thrilled). In real life, I would be thrilled if Barca was happy with me as a manager , but perhaps not as exited about my local pub team, being an underdog, only being happy with me winning the league if this meant that I had exceeded their expectations.

Last edited:
Yeah 'the board are disappointed with the lack of youngsters signed for the first team'. It was at 100% the past 2 seasons, now its literally 1%. My second promise was give youth a chance, where I expose young players to the first team, which I do, regularly. This is rated poorly at 31%

Only 100% possession is good enough! Don't give them a sniff aha

Yeah 'the board are disappointed with the lack of youngsters signed for the first team'. It was at 100% the past 2 seasons, now its literally 1%. My second promise was give youth a chance, where I expose young players to the first team, which I do, regularly. This is rated poorly at 31%

Only 100% possession is good enough! Don't give them a sniff aha

- Young players signed: Then I agree that it's a poor presentation of the purpose. Naturally, it should not be " reset" for every season but instead be looked upon as something in the lines of "How many of the players involved in the first team that has been signed for it at a young age". Here an average of 1 player every season should be enough to replace someone leaving due to old age and 1 to replace another one leaving because if other reasons.

- Give youth a chance: Here, it's probably more about how many youngsters from the own ranks you have been giving first team football experience.

- Young players signed: Then I agree that it's a poor presentation of the purpose. Naturally, it should not be " reset" for every season but instead be looked upon as something in the lines of "How many of the players involved in the first team that has been signed for it at a young age". Here an average of 1 player every season should be enough to replace someone leaving due to old age and 1 to replace another one leaving because if other reasons.

- Give youth a chance: Here, it's probably more about how many youngsters from the own ranks you have been giving first team football experience.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Your first paragraph should definitely be implemented some way, you worded it a lot better than I did. I think you're also right with the second point, I haven't really played that many players from my own academy yet, they're out on loan

Give youth a chance like TBH is down to your own academy players, if you're having issues with it just rotate them into cup games every so often and into games against smaller easier teams.

Young players signed is one I always try to avoid or take out of contracts asap because its reset every season, it's fine for two maybe three seasons because you can often find good kids to buy for your team. After that your average age is already 23~ and full of good young talent.

Young players signed is one I always try to avoid or take out of contracts asap because its reset every season, it's fine for two maybe three seasons because you can often find good kids to buy for your team. After that your average age is already 23~ and full of good young talent.

Indeed, this is a problematic one. As its only counted as a short term ambition, you need to do it every season. If it should be considered a long term ambition, then its hard to calculate if done as in my previous example( "How many of the players involved in the first team that has been signed for it at a young age". Here an average of 1 player every season should be enough to replace someone leaving due to old age and 1 to replace another one leaving because if other reasons.). Here, its would be hard t calculate until one have played 5 seasons.... Tricky...

Ok, so a few months later, it's the start of december and the board's confidence has changed again. The First Team Youngster signings has gone up to 60%, despite making no signings since the last update, and rotating as I usually do. Give Youth a chance has gone up tremendously to 100%, and as stated before, I haven't changed anything with my rotation policy (I rotate quite a lot, if a player is 92% fitness or less more often than not I rotate him, and if a player's form is better then again I usually rotate, also taking into account fixtures).

The plot thickens...