Board unhappy about departure of Matt James

dannyboy50

Reaction score
I dont want any advice about this just thought it was strange

Im doing well with Manchester United, Won the Prem and Champions League in first season, but when ever i have my monthly board report, they say that they are very happy with my leadership of the club but remain disappointed with the departure of Matt James who they consider to be a good player!

Excuse me?? Matt James is probably a good player at Championship Level, but he's not that good!!
If i'd sold Hernandez or Rooney i could understand!

its like a board of directors in real life, even though you are doing a great job, they will find something to ***** about....

Oh, i get that all the time, if a player has been in the squad for over 2 years and i sell him, the board will complain about it...

... but just keep on, and they will eventually forget about him hahaha

Yeah happens alot, i get rid of players that have made about 3 appearances in the last 5 years and they just ***** about it for the entire season, nothing to worry about

On my Wolves save, I let my old captain Roger Johnson leave. He was 32/33 and his stats just weren't good enough to even warrant a rotation place (I managed to get Wolves in to Europe and picked up some amazing youngsters along the way) .. They complained about it from August all the way until May, where I am now.

They'll do it until the end of the season, or until they find something else to complain about.

It happened to me in my Manchester City save. I offloaded Edin Dzeko to Real Madrid and they always complain about him as if he was an important player.

The way I see it, if they complain about something like this, then it means that they have nothing else to complain about because you're doing a great job. It's probably the way the game is made, to tell you the best and worst thing you're doing/you did during the season...

The monthly report will always pick the thing the board or fans are most upset about in the confidences section. If that's their biggest complaint, you are in good shape.

Then again, I've had the fans scream ****** murder at me for selling players who helped me get promoted from L2 to L1 but were doing nothing in the premiership. Nothing you can do about it other than ride it out for around a season.

I recently offloaded Darron Gibson, and they where unhappy about it...

i offload almulia to real Madrid, and the fans are sad. wtf! lol

Go and lose to City, they will soon forget about this.

I got Kuschjak (sp? - that Man Utd goalie) on a free as a backup and the board complained about me signing him. He played one game in 2 seasons, conceding 6 goals, so I offloaded him and they complained about that.

I got Kuschjak (sp? - that Man Utd goalie) on a free as a backup and the board complained about me signing him. He played one game in 2 seasons, conceding 6 goals, so I offloaded him and they complained about that.

If he let in 6 goals in one game, maybe they were right to complain!

Matt James is the next carrick, in my opinion, i have him for 3 seasons in SCP, i bought him free agent, and is a very consistent player, always with very good stats

Happened to me in my 3rd season as Dortmund. Sold Felipe Santana as there was no use for him. Board moaned about him for 10 months till the next season.

In one of my saves the board sold M'Vila behind my back...... and then were unhappy about his departure.:mad:

In one of my saves the board sold M'Vila behind my back...... and then were unhappy about his departure.:mad:

Had this as well. Bought a young Greek player called Fetfatzidis in my Norwich save for £1.1 million. After two seasons he was worth £6 million. Juventus put a bid in for £10 million, the board accepted as the offer was 'too good to refuse' and then declared they and the fans were upset at the sale

THIS.
They're always saying, "we're sad about losing a first-team member."
I mean, come on. Every true Gooner was celebrating when that idiot finally left.