Boateng signs for Genoa

SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
Just heard on TalkSport that Pompey's KP Boateng has joined Genoa.

Portsmouth midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has completed his move to Genoa - ahead of a proposed loan switch to AC Milan.
Cash-strapped Pompey needed the Ghana international, 23, off their books and have confirmed his transfer to Genoa.
The fee is believed to be around £5million for Boateng, whose penalty against Tottenham helped fire Pompey to last season's FA Cup final.
Chief executive David Lampitt said: "We wish Kevin all the best. He played an important role last season and we thank him for that."
But, bizarrely, Boateng is unlikely to kick a ball for Genoa as they instead plan to loan him to Serie A rivals Milan - who were impressed with his performances at the World Cup - for the season with the option of a permanent deal next summer.
Genoa could then make a healthy profit if he impresses at the San Siro. Boateng, who arrived at Fratton Park from Spurs in August 2009, scored five goals in 27 appearances.

Source - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18082010/63/boateng-heads-italy.html

Confirmation: http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Boateng-Joins-Genoa-1261.aspx

Last edited:
If this is true, which seems likely, £5M is a decent fee for the guy. Portsmouth could really benefit from that. :)

SSN where saying yesterday he was at Ac milan training ground. Good deal for Genoa and Pompey

Surprised no one picked him up in the premier league, I think he is a very talented player and worth more than the supposed fee. I suppose Pompey's financial situation means that they have to sell him cheaper than his true value, hopefully the money will help clear off some of there debt.

genoa are building a fearsome side, signed a lot of good players recently

KPB :wub: wanted him at west ham but that was never going to happen :'( 5mil is cheap for him imo espically after a good world cup, but pportsmouths finances probably ment they would take anything.

Argh, wouldnt mind him at Milan if his is true...:mad:

Genoa having an awesome transfer period! Would be extemely happy if Milan had signed all the players Genoa have over the last few months!

Genoa are gunna be good fun on FM11.

Italian giants Milan have announced the signing of Ghana international midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng from Genoa on a season-long loan deal with an option to sign him on a permanent contract at the end of the 2010-11 campaign.

Boateng was signed by ambitious Serie A outfit Genoa from English side Portsmouth this month after his impressive performance for the Black Stars at the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa but on Tuesday Grifone president
Enrico Preziosi had made it clear that he was on the verge on farming out the player on loan to Milan.

The Rosseneri are struggling for funds to sign reinforcements and a loan signing is quite beneficial for the former Italian and European champions.

The 23-year-old centre-midfielder was an important player for Ghana at the World Cup in which the Black Stars reached the quarterfinals.

Why are there reports that Genoa have loaned him to Milan? Apparently it's also a done deal..

I thnk Genoa won the Champions League on one of my long term save games in 2011 for FM10.

Looking like they have a nice set up going for them with the players they have recently signed.

Why? Weird move.

Genova - The Company announces that it has defined the transfer of national Ghanaian Kevin Prince Boateng to AC Milan. The former Portsmouth FC midfielder, who had been following since last season in the Premier League has emerged to international prominence in the recent World Cup in South Africa.

Just wondering, and im not being funny or anything, but can anyone see my post about him going to Milan, just seems strange that other people have said about it from other sources in numerous posts after mine lol.

I only ask as I had trouble posting the info!

(PS Callum that top in ur sigs pretty sweet)

this has got to be one of the wierdest transfers ever haha. i was going to say excellent deal for genoa but milan look to be the best off at the moment.

Just wondering, and im not being funny or anything, but can anyone see my post about him going to Milan, just seems strange that other people have said about it from other sources in numerous posts after mine lol.

I only ask as I had trouble posting the info!

(PS Callum that top in ur sigs pretty sweet)
i can see it mate. its a bizarre deal im very confused why they would loan him. there is something more to this

I don't get it, why didn't AC Milan sign him to start with instead of loaning him after he went elsewhere, he is not AC Milan quality tho so won't last long there.

Bit of a **** take this.

It's like those managers on FM who buy all the free players and just sell them on for the profit.