Boavista- Ending The Reign Of Financial Failures

DRPEPPER

Reaction score
A bit about myself, my name is gary thompson, some know me as the no scoping god on modern warfare 2, i am from cape verde in africa so excuse me if my english isnt perfect, i was finally given permission to work from home as i cannot be in the office, anyway enough about me

Boavista@3.-old-logo.png

The team were once in the champions league and in 2000-2001 season they won the portugease first division, they have won the portugease cup 5 times and the portugease super cup 3 times. Since the club had a new stadium built in the year 2003 the club has been swerving in the wrong direction completely out of control, the finances had a very deep hole that could not be filled because of this over spending on the new stadium, the club failed to qualify for europe 3 years running and eventually lost good players such as nuno gomes and petit. In the 2007-2008 season despite finishing 9th the club were relegated to the liga da honra for "Intimidation" of referees. The accusation was they threatened the referees families so the referees would give them good decisions. They somehow escaped relegation from the second teir of portugease football but their financial troubles kicked in, they were relegated to the third teir of portugease football.

The Third Teir-Oh The Horror
The third teir of football in portugal is divided into three divisions, North South and central, Boavista are in the North division, because they are in the north of Portugal, the winner of each group are all promoted, they all compete for the third division title in a mini tournament, its fine as i think we have the quality to beat all these teams. It will be hard so i will need luck, the media prediction is 1st, we will have no problem with this hopefully.

The Players i have available to me
Basically the quality of players is quite awful, we have very few good options available and a threadbare squad of about 14 people, we definitely need some options, Below is diogo fonseca, he appears to be my best player available
View attachment 40625

My aims as a manager
My aims are not to be some journeyman who sees this club as a way to prove his power, i signed a 3 year deal and i have a 3 year plan to get us back to the top, the money is limited, but as Tottenham Hotspur have proved every year, money cannot buy success.

How are the finances and the quality of the staff
The finances happen to be poor, i have not a penny to spend and i have an assistant manager and a scout who has ratings of 2 and 6 in the important ratings, not good at all. I have to bring in staff as they are needed so i can chose a team in the future.

good luck mate, sounds like a challenge

its almost impossible to win promotion to the 1st division in the 2nd season, in my save with boavista i was able to win the portuguese league in 2019 tho

gl mate, i will follow

cheers guys for this support, very nice of you, updates today

Good luck, this looks great, I remember when Boavista were in the Champions League, Boavista means 'good view'

Cheers guys, update coming very soon, season doesnt start till end of september lol

Time to start a game with a lower league team :D Good luck DRPEPPER? :)

The signings and pre season results

The signings- Loans and experience

The first signing that i would like to share is Gabriel, Pictured below he was my first signing, he was signed as a left winger but he could convert into a playmaker as he seems to get alot of assists in the pre season matches
View attachment 41068

The second signing was a winger who played on the left and on the right, his name is Quim, he is a top player for this league and will cause havoc to many defences around the league, a good purchase in my eyes
View attachment 41069

My next signing was Benfica defender Roderick Miranda, he has some very nice stats and my scout says he can be a good liga sagres player in the future, that is where we are headed so he will be important, he was signed on loan
View attachment 41071

My next signing was Amido Balde from Sporting CP on loan until the end of the season, he is a winger and will be extremely important for my team to become very good this year, he will like my other signings hold a key to making defences around the league cry at the fear of us
View attachment 41073

My very next signing was attacker Nelson Olivieira who was signed to lead the attack from Benfica on a season long loan, this lad knows his way around the box and will be important for a mass of goals this season, hopefully he can live up to the expectations i am putting on him.
View attachment 41074

My final signing was Midfielder Paulinho on a season long loan from Brazilian team Atletico Mineiro, this signing will make sure we are more creative in midfield and we have a bit of brazilian magic in the team now
View attachment 41075

The Pre season- Results

The pre season was a pretty good one, we only lost one game and we played very well in most of them, here are the results, pictured below all in screenshots

View attachment 41077
View attachment 41078
View attachment 41079
View attachment 41080
View attachment 41081
View attachment 41082
View attachment 41083

The main season begins soon
Manager Gary Thompson thinks his club Boavista can gain automatic promotion to the second teir, he said " We had some bad financial difficulties, but i think we will come through as a unit and storm this league, an unbeaten run at the start would be a very nice way to begin wouldnt it?

boavista.jpg

Wish me luck guys, ill need all the support i can get

Boa sorte, vai ser um desafio grande, espero que consigas subir :D
Boavista<3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck, it's gonna be a big challenge, i hope youget promoted :D
Boavista<3

I ****** HATE BOAVISTA, because FC Porto is the best team in the world :D

Im following mate. just started a game as paredes in the same division i believe. Good luck and hope you can check out my story too. You have made some decent signings there

I will get back to this, have been so busy at work that ive rarely been able to even get on my laptop, hope this interests some people.

I'll be following big man, always had a thing about Boavista for a reason I'm not quite sure of. I just have good memories of watching the Champions League years ago and seeing them play in their black and white kit, it was awesome :) Anyway man, good luck with this - restore Boavista to its former glory!