Bohemian's Tornado of Souls Tactics [ 4-2-3-1 CM's ]

Bohemian

Reaction score
Introduction

Hello guys , i just finished my first season with FC Sochaux in the French Ligue 1 , and was delighted with the way my team performed , so i thought that i should share my Tactics with you . :D

Tornado of Souls is a simple 4-2-3-1 , relying on pacey wingers and a solid midfield , it allowed me to win the French Cup ( FA Cup ) and to finish 2nd , just ONE POINT behind Marseille .

We also had the best front line in the league , scoring 90 goals !!!

Ligue 1 final position

0291d-4651f15c-c600-4b71-89f9-6e3a46429452.png

French Cup Final

0291d-3cd0c443-522b-4820-9978-bbbd843834c9.png

Please feel free to share your experiences using this Tactic , and your own tweaks to make it better . Thank you . :)

The Tactic

0291d-9e9e6f79-a108-4bf1-bd86-72e87e14265e.png

I only tried this Tactic with FC Sochaux ( Media Prediction 11th ) so far , but after missing out on the league with only one point , and winning the French Cup , i thought that it could work for stronger teams or any middle table team in any league .

We did concede many goals ( Mainly due to the fact that my players are still pretty young and developing ) , but we scored way more goals than i thought we could .

The team plays good Football , and scores many goals from open play . The counter attacks are also very effective .

Players roles

Goal Keeper : Nothing fancy here , old fashioned GK .

Full Backs : You need " complete Full backs " , good at defending ( Marking , Tackling , Positioning , Anticipation ) , Athletic and love to go forward ( Crossing , work rate , team work ) ... Seb Corchia and Yassine Mikari performed well for me .

Right Center Back : Your pacey defender , He sits a little bit deeper than your other CB , and his job is to " read " the situations and cover for your other defender's mistakes .

You'll need a fast defender , and a fair amount of intelligence ( Anticipation , Positioning , Marking , Decision making and concentration ) .

Left CB : Your strong CB . He will be a little more adventurous , and go " attack " the ball , before it reaches the opposition's striker . He'll need Strength , Tackling , Marking and Heading as main attributes . Of course a bit of pace or intelligence ( Anticipation , Decisions , Bravery , Aggression and Positioning ) won't hurt ! ^^

Central Midfielders : The KEY positions of the tactic . If you have the right players in these two positions , your team will perform well .

The right Mid is a bit more defensive than the left one , but both sit deep , and don't make forward runs . They'll cover for your Full Backs , and keep dictating the tempo of the game , and try to keep possession .

Their passing is rather " short " , but they are allowed to make through balls , so don't be surprised if they unleash a few long balls to the wingers or main striker .

Their rating won't be high at all , but that is because of the match engine . They won't score many goals , or make many assists ( They will make secondary assists ) , but they are crucial for the Tactic .

You'll need players who are good at defending as much as attacking . Look for solid midfielders , athletic , and who can tackle , pass and work hard to get the ball back and track down any opposition player in their zone .

Wingers : Traditional wingers ( Right footed on the right side ... ) . They are your primary weapon and tool to score goals . They are set to " move to channels " so they 'll need good " off the ball " movement , and also devastating pace and need to be able to beat their man and cross .

I had " raw " players ( Except Boudebouz ) in these positions like Roussillon , Abdoul Camara or Serdar Gunler , who relied mainly on their pace , and they still were pretty " Merveilleux " ! :D

Attacking Central Midfielder : Your playmaker , the Maestro , nothing else to say really . He is set to mark tightly and to close down the opposition though , so he'll need to be fairly athletic and willing to work hard for the team .

CF : Your goal scorer . No creative freedom at all , his main focus is to put the ball in the back of the net . He needs to be pacey , have good movement off the ball and lethal inside the box .

Actually , if you have an " Inzaghi " type of player ( Not very fast or good technically , but very smart and knows how to find the net ) , he can perform well too . I have Alberto Paloschi now , and he is fitting in pretty well .

Others

Match Prep : Team Work ( High ) until the tactic is fluid , then Attacking movement ( Average ) or Defensive positioning if you are conceding too many goals .

Opposition instructions : None .

Team Talk : Up to you .

Pitch size : Normal / Small .

Shouts : I don't use any .

.... Have fun ! :D

Download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bojke6​

不是 ! :D

I made It on the normal version , but i guess it doesn't make much of a difference .

Some of my latest results ...

Lyon ( H )

View attachment 277594View attachment 277595

LOSC Lille ( A )

View attachment 277596View attachment 277597

FC Porto ( H )

View attachment 277589View attachment 277590View attachment 277591

AC Milan ( H )

View attachment 277592View attachment 277593

Champions league Group Stage

View attachment 277598

View attachment 277599

We played 4 games so far in the UCL and are already through to the next round . We are also still unbeaten , in a tough group , with Porto , AC Milan and Leverkusen ! :D

Ligue 1

View attachment 277600

.... So far , so good ... :D

Bohemian:
What match prep do you use with your Sochaux atm? I know you said def. if concede too many goals!
Will definitely try this one out!
cheers

Hey Pilmalm !

I use " Attacking movement " with an average workload . But i don't believe it has anything to do with the Tactic , i just put it on the OP because i noticed that it's a frequently asked question .

That is up to you mate ! You can wait until the players are 100% familiar with the Tactics , then you can choose whatever " Match Prep . " that suits your team's results and the opponent ... Example .... Defending set pieces / high , 3 days before a game against Stoke City ! :D

...And i'm looking forward to see what kind of results you guys are getting ! This is the first time ever , that i share a Tactic on the Net ! :D

Does it use the near post corner setting?

Smiza , you are free to set the Set pieces the way you want .

The Left Center Back is set ( automatically ) to attack the near post , while your covering defender ( RCB ) stays back to cover in case of a counter .

But you can change that if you want . :)

You are welcome ! ;)

Wow !! A goal difference of + 37 after 16 games ?! You are cruising there mate ! :D

How would it affect the tactic if i change the CM role to a more adv. playmaker support?!
Just started a new save with Barnsley.

cheers

Last edited:
You can try it but i don't think that it will work that well , because the AMC is pretty attacking , and the wingers go forward whenever they have the ball , so you 'll need your CMs to sit deep to cover for your Fullbacks and also to rebuild the attacks .

I think that 4 Forwards are more than enough for you to score goals , but you can try it if you want , and i'd appreciate it if you could tell me how it works with a more attacking CM . :)

The reason why i am askin is that i do have 2 very youthful and great Cms's that fits the Adv, playmaker role perfectly. How about draging his mentality to act more like a DLP? But still has the role Adv. playmaker? Do you get what i mean?

Just sign Rivaldo as the trequarista! ;)

thanks again bohemian

May i have a look at them ?

The CML is the more defensive of the two , so you might wanna keep him , and maybe switch the other one to an Advanced Playmaker . Or you can just tweak him so he makes forward runs and runs with the ball ( sometimes ) , and increase his mentality by maybe 3 - 5 notches ?!

Up to you , but please let me know if it works for you that way ! ;)

Its Jacob Mellis and Paul Digby, barnsley team first season !

Okey, should try the tweaks out during pre-season and se how its going. Should i just switch to Adv. playmaker or do you think i have to do some tweaks at the personal instructions ?

Post feedback here after some matches ! ;)