gthame1992

Reaction score
View attachment 552673
John Ward resigns as Bristol Rovers manager, looking for a new challenge as reason to resigning.

View attachment 552683

Nick Higgs: "It's a hard time for Bristol Rovers with the lost of the manager looking for a new challenge, Ward have place a few people to who he thinks should be the new Bristol Rovers manager to us and we would make our decision soon."

Last edited:
View attachment 552689
Darrell Clarke favourite to take the job.

News reports links John Ward's assistant manager to be the favourite to take the manager role at Bristol Rovers, with his manager experience at Salisbury City taking them to 2 promotions in 3 seasons before taking the assistant manager role.

View attachment 552692

Nick Higgs rules out Darrell Clarke.

Nick Higgs: "In our shortlist of 2 people, Darrell Clarke is not on it, we have a unknown manager looking to get his first chance at management and also we have former Gillingham manager Martin Allen on the list."

Last edited:
If anyone reading at the moment, I'm just getting set up to where I'm currently at in the game, I've been writing what I set out in this topic on a notepad. I have 3 more news stories then I'll be showing current things from my game.

Thanks for being patience.

View attachment 552708
Martin Allen vs Unknown Manager

Martin Allen: "I've never heard of the person I'm up against to get the job of manager at Bristol Rovers, all I know is that he was born in Bristol and is a Bristol Rovers Fan."

View attachment 552711

Bristol Rovers Announce Unknown Manager.

Nick Higgs: "I am please to announce that the position of manager of Bristol Rovers have gone to Grant Thame, we wanted a young, new, fresh manager to take the reigns of the club."

View attachment 552708

Martin Allen happy to miss out on the role.

Martin Allen: "I have to respect the decision of Nick Higgs and the Bristol Rovers board of letting someone young to take over, if he needs any advice, I'm always happy to help."

Last edited:
Bristol Rovers Information and Facilities
View attachment 552712View attachment 552713

Squad Report

As I entered the manager office, I find Darrell Clarke there already to give me the squad report, I see all names on the list and see that I have 2 players on loan which the club is paying some of the wages, the players in question are Chris Beardsley and Kaid Mohamed from Preston North End and Port Vale, I asked Darrell Clarke if he can talk to them and ask them to pack their bags as they're getting their loans terminated by the club.

Darrell Clarke was just about to leave the office just as I say to him, after you told them, you can pack your bags yourself, I'm looking to bring in some of my own staff and I don't have the need of you to be my assistant.

So he left just then, as I still looking at the squad report and look at 4 players that seem to be my best.

Steve Mildenhall
View attachment 552716
Steve Mildenhall the goalkeeper, got a wise head on him and a good pair of gloves as well, he'll be my goalkeeper for the whole season.

Michael Smith
View attachment 552717

Next is the Northern Irishman Michael Smith, he's our main right back, with Danny Woodards on the injury list.

John Joe O'Toole
View attachment 552722
Jesus, just kidding, years ago Mr. O'Toole was in Watford's youth team with lots of promise in potential, but it wasn't meant to be first joined Bristol Rovers on loan from Colchester in which then turned into a full time deal, I see him being the main man of the center midfield.

Steven Gillespie
View attachment 552726
Former Bristol City player, that joined the rivals in Bristol Rovers he's our main striker now with Beardsley loan being terminated.

Tactic.
View attachment 552727
I'm a person that like to be simple, nothing fancy, so a 4-3-3 would work best, with barely any wide midfield players and a good bunch of center midfield and strikers it would suit the team well, plus I like playing short passing.

Staff
For staff, I'm a if I don't need you, you have no need to be at the club so I terminated Darrell Clarke and Marcus Stewart contracts to see what replacements I can get.

Assistant Manager

View attachment 552730
Steve Kember
I trust assistants on their judging player abilities over anything else.

Coach
View attachment 552732
Andy Cole
The great Andy Cole is a lean mean attacking coach, plus he's a footballing legend.

GK Coach

View attachment 552733
Stuart Naylor
Kept him as Goalkeeper Coach.

Head Physio
View attachment 552734
Phil Kite
Player turned Physio not often you see them.

Chief Scout
View attachment 552736
Gavin Tait

Scouts

View attachment 552739
Ian Storey-Moore
View attachment 552740
Lee Maybury

I'll have my transfers, friendly matches and the upcoming August fixtures, in the next update.

July Update

Transfers

I made 4 deals into the club in July plus a deal with Blackburn as my parent club. I've also got rid of a few players on making used on their wages on over players than them.

Sold/Release/Loaned Out

Matt Harrold - Free Transfer
Jamie Lucas - Free Transfer
Jake Green - Free Transfer
Alefe Santos - Coritiba - ?18k
Dom Thomas - Nantwich - Loan
Chad Douglas - Grantham - Loan
David Clarkson - Ross County - ?150k

Brought/Loaned In

Valery Mezague - Free
Mark Randall - Free
Giancarlo Gallifuoco - Tottenham - Season Loan
Francis Jeffers - Free

View attachment 552760View attachment 552765View attachment 552771View attachment 552774

Friendlies

Weston Super-Mare (Away)
Clevedon (Home)
Tiverton (Home)
Weymouth (Home)

I didn't want to risk any injury to my players so I played it cool with friendlies, some nice easy ones.

Results

Weston Super-Mare vs Bristol Rovers
View attachment 552777
Credit to Weston they gave a good fight against us.

Bristol Rovers vs Clevedon
View attachment 552779
Just let my team play naturally, get their fitness up and teamwork together.

Bristol Rovers vs Tiverton
View attachment 552782
Just a good morale building match ready for what League 2 have to throw at us.

Bristol Rovers vs Weymouth
View attachment 552784
Let the players have fun with the latest signings.

August Matches

View attachment 552789

Starting against a rival in Exeter City can be tricky then the wammy of Walsall in the cup.

I hope Jeffers isnt such an injury prone let down as he was for me

I hope Jeffers isnt such an injury prone let down as he was for me

Already done my first match, good news he haven't got a injury from it, but might guess sometime in August I think he'll get one.

ps. I might take long on updates as my laptop only have 2 processors for my save game which runs at half a star rating.

Yes a Rovers story! I'm a Gashead myself so will be following intently… hopefully you do better with them than they are in real life!

View attachment 553482
August Update

Month Preview

August will be a very busy month for us, with our rivals first then the capital one cup first round against Walsall.

Transfers

I was happy with the transfers I made into the club, but there are some places I still need filling.

View attachment 553460 View attachment 553462 View attachment 553465

First I looked at Liverpool and found Marc Pelosi got him on a season long loan, he can play many position but I think with my tactic he'll be used as a center midfielder and left back as back-up to Lee Brown. Then we have Rashid Yussuff on a free transfer, he'll add depth to the center midfield. Then finally we have Adam Jackson center back from Middlesbrough on a season long loan.

We also loaned Josh Southway out to Weston Super-Mare to get first team football.

View attachment 553472

Results

View attachment 553475

A mixed month for us, some wins, some draws, some defeats, the win over Walsall was not expected, it was so close to the end of the game when the goal went in, had to save off 5 minutes with 10 men as I made all subs and Lee Brown got injured. Other than that Newcastle was a good test for the team, but the quality of Newcastle was too much.

Table

View attachment 553477

Currently sit in mid table, unlucky 13th, but I don't believe in it, all we have to do now is not lose places.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 553478
Steven Gillespie

Our most impact player of the month, I couldn't find any faults in him for the month that's why he's here.

September Fixtures

View attachment 553480

First up is one of the west county rivals, Torquay at home then a trip down south to Plymouth, then another trip to Dagenham just hope my players can get good training during this, then we get the visit of Hartlepool, and finally a trip to Southend, I think this month would be a lot of player rotation for the matches.

View attachment 555269

September 2013

A very poor month, don't know why I should update on what was a sack-able month, but I'm still about, anyway here goes.

Tactics

My 4-3-3 tactic wasn't as good as I thought it would have been, so I've turned into a 4-4-2 formation with AML/R, not ML/MR.

View attachment 555248

Transfers (Free and Loans)

View attachment 555257

Goalkeeper: Maik Taylor - Free Transfer
I'm looking for Maik Taylor to provide competition for Steve Mildenhall.

View attachment 555260

AML: Luis Boa Morte - Free Transfer.
Luis Boa Morte comes in as I made the change in tactic, as I didn't have a good standard of AML at the club.

View attachment 555263

FBL: Lewis Kinsella - Loan from Aston Villa for 3 months.
Lewis Kinsella comes in on loan, could of done of a longer loan time, but 3 will do, as Lee Brown need someone to take competition over the left back role with him.

Results

View attachment 555266

Now you see why I didn't really want to do this month, with them results, the only plus is a draw against Dagenham & Redbridge, other then that, I need a whole new team, apart from Francis Jeffers.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 555251

Francis Jeffers
Well had to be, 3 goals in the month, the only player that shown some passion for the club.

October Fixtures

View attachment 555254

I'm hoping this month would be better than the last, if not I doubt I would be in the job much longer.

Next Update, not sure, depending how long my laptop want me to play all the matches.

Ah I forgot the table in the last update, all I remember, is that I'm in the bottom 5 places, can't remember the exact place.

Bump, the position I'm in is 23rd, in the relegation zone, hope October will be wonderful.

Long overdue, this is a bumper update, in a bitesize post.

October and November.

Transfers

View attachment 556731

Maik Taylor didn't cut the mustard, so I signed up Lewis Price on a free transfer.

Other than that Mark McCrystal was moaning about the amount of matches he was playing so I looked at his wages and decided to release him along with Jordan Goddard as he's not really in my plan for the future.

Results

View attachment 556728

Again matches are mixed some good wins mainly over Fleetwood with a tweak of tactics thanks to a (real life) family member. Into the 2nd round of the FA Cup in which I have to face Sheffield United (match already done but will not share the result).

Player Of Both October and November.

View attachment 556725

Ryan Brunt.
Been lethal upfront with 8 goals in the 2 months, he just had to be the player of the 2 months.

Table

I'm currently sitting in 21th with 19 points, 4 wins, 7 draws and 8 defeats.

Sorry guys, I thought this might have been a good save, but my laptop got other ideas, first FM had a crash dump and corrupted the file. I'll have something different for a save soon.

Just having another go with Bristol Rovers, but I will not turn it into a story (I will recreate it on this same topic), unless the game is kind to me and have a good first half of the season before hand.

i've done many a save with the gas as i support them and my best is CL qual rounds from the prem. had andy cole as my assistant in that save and he become a beast of a coach. unlucky with the save

Last edited: