po2011

Reaction score
I am just starting a West Brom save. I have a budget of around £7.5 million but am looking to clear out some dead wood and increase this in order to strengthen my squad. I aim to build a youngish squad so it may be some of the older players who i sell on. One that I'm not sure about is Peter Odemwingie. He is 29 and is the highest paid player in the squad. His stats are pretty good but I feel he could fetch me just under £10 million. Do people think I am wise to sell him or is he worth keeping? The one thing that puts me off is that he is amongst the favoured personel for the club and I reckon selling him would have a very negative effect on the fans. Has anyone used him or bought him in a game and does he get the goals i need at this level?

Other players I plan to sell are:
Somen Tchoyi
Jerome Thomas
Roman Bednar
Marc Antoine Fortune
Gonzalo Jara
Paul Scharner (possibly)

I feel I need to strengthen both full back positions, on the wings and up front, any good ideas of who I could buy?

Andreas Hinkel is a very good right back that can be got on a free transfer.Id keep scharner tough tackling midfielder.Maybe try and loan a left back.As for the wings im not sure.Up front Id try and get alberto paloschi.

Right since I'm West Brom too.. like always xD I'll help you out I guess :)

Out of the players you have listed I believe you should flog all of them except maybe Scharner. He is a good backup for Mulumbu if needed - You can sell Scharner the season after if you want since there will be some good Defensive Mids up for sale or even on a free.
Everyone else on the list you can just flog since they're useless.

As for Odemwingie, he is good for around 2 seasons, I barely used him as a striker, I always played him on the wings to add pace. But I would advise you keep him for a season at least.

Now the players I would sign are Petar Zanev - really good left back for so cheap! I got him for 800k at the start. Way better than Shorey or Mattock too!
View attachment 209986

Bressan - A promising midfielder and can be signed for 1m from BATE. The Second season I had some bigger clubs bidding for him at around 7mil.

View attachment 209987

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen - Good creative midfielder! Signed him for 2.9mil and so is a good investment considering his age!
View attachment 209988

Darwin Quintero - Everyone always suggests him and I can see why! He is a goal machine! Signed him for 2.3mil from Santos Laguna, scoring 30 league goals in his debut season and won top goalscorer award ahead of Rooney by playing fewer matches. Buy at all costs for your strike force!
View attachment 209989View attachment 209990

For the right back position I actually just stuck with Steven Reid & Billy Jones, they did a good job too. Second season though I signed an unhappy Kyle Walker (Absolute god!) for 3.8mil from Tottenham! Arsenal were reported to be coming in with a bid of 33mil at the end of season 2, but they never did, wouldn't have sold him anyway.
View attachment 209992View attachment 209993

As for the wingers, I stuck with Brunt one the right wing - Did really good and chipped in with a high amount of goals. And I also played Graham Dorrans on the left wing and he also did very well! James Morrison can add adequate cover too if needed, so can Gera.
But I advise you to offload Gera after the first season since he's on the decline.
Also I signed James Forrest from Celtic in January, first season for 1.9mil, He has a high potential so is a bargain at 1.9mil.

So to sum up this is my Transfer history for the first season - take into consideration the dates I signed the players because in January I was given more money to spend for my high league position, so that's how I could afford them all ;)

View attachment 209997

Hope this somehow helps you out a little bit, if you need more help with West brom then i'm here! Life long fan :')