Status
Not open for further replies.

Riiseeee

Reaction score
Some of you may recognise me on FM Base and others may not, but I had 2 stories (1 with Notts County, and 1 with Peterborough United), but due to my FM playing up I had to delete both games. Therefore I am starting a new Story which I hope will attract people to read my story. So here it goes;

'Shock in West Brom as Roberto Di Matteo leaves The Baggies to join West Ham after Gianfranco Zola resigns from his position as the Manager of the club.'

Many fans are left dissapointed and shocked at the decision that Roberto has made. Ben, a lifelong Baggies fan, said 'We are all deeply shocked to find that Roberto Di Matteo has left the club and gone onto managing West Ham. But we are all delighted for him and thank him for the effort and time he has put in our club. We have to move on now, get a new man in charge and let him bring his own players in.'

'West Brom unveil new manager'

West Brom today unveiled Rhys Lawlor as their new Manager. Not even being in the bookies contention for becoming their new Manager, it becomes a shock to everyone in Football. With Rhys having no Managing experience and with such high hopes for West Brom, it will certainly be a challenge for the rookie manager.

Press conference:
Sky Sports: Rhys, do you see becoming the West Brom Manager as a big challenge?Rhys: Yes I do. But I feel I can get this club promoted first time, and one of the main reasons of me coming here is the fact that the Chairman (Jeremey Pearce) always backs his Managers. Now im not going to say how much I have to spend in the Transfer Window, but I will be bringing in my own players and my own staff.
BBC Sport: Many West Brom fans believe that they could of got a manager with experience, how do you cope with such pressure with this being your first job?
Rhys: Fans have always got a say in what happens at a Football Club, the fans are the backbone of the Team, but they have to trust the decision that Jeremey has made and get behind us to take them up to the Premier League. I've worked closely with a couple of Managers before so I do know what to expect as a Manager, there will always be pressure, but that is something im looking to thrive upon.

Paul, a West Brom supporter, said 'Whilst we are amazed at the appointment, we are excited. Hopefully Rhys will bring a fresh approach to the club and do it in his own way. Many of the backroom staff are people that Roberto hired, so hopefully Rhys realises that if they are not needed or not good enough then he will replace them.'

Michelle, another West Brom supporter, also said this 'I am pleased to have a new man in charge and I will certainly be cheering him and the boys on for a Promotion campaign. But also I felt we could of signed a Manager with alot more experience in getting out of the Championship and maybe with a bit of Premier League experience.'

Will update again in around 20 minutes :) hope you enjoy.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

Ade Mafe, Neil Clement, Steve Wright, Kevin Conrad and Richie Rawlings all leave West Brom. Manager Rhys Lawlor said 'We thank Ade, Neil, Steve, Kevin and Richie for their efforts and wish them good luck in the future.'

It was expected as the new Manager stated that he wanted all his own backroom staff.

Enrico Castellacci, Tony Godden and Paul Winsper all join the backroom staff at West Bromwich Albion. Chairman Jeremey Pearce said 'We are delighted to announce the signings of these fine coaches to the staff at West Brom. The Manager wanted these to come in and i've made it happen. There are a couple of players coming in and we wont be giving out anyones names until the signings have been made. The Manager has said hes looking at bringing in about 5 players to add to the squad we currently have.'

Carling Cup 1st round draw:
West Bromwich Albion V Hereford United
@ The Hawthorns
12.8.2010, 19:45 Kick Off

'West Brom announce the loan signing of Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton'
In an Interview with the Birmingham Express Manager Rhys Lawlor said 'I am delighted to welcome Mark to the Club. Marc is a great player with a terrific future ahead of him. If nobody has heard of him, he is an attacking right winger, hes got plenty of pace and loves to attack the full backs.'

Marc Albrighton said 'I am delighted that Rhys Lawlor (the Manager) has given me the oppurtunity to play Football at West Brom. I am looking foward to training with the players they have here, and hopefully get some First Team Football. I am not expecting to come in and play straight away cause I know there are some great players here. But hopefully I will get some playing time and help this club to get promoted.'

'Federico Macheda moves to West Brom'

West Brom have snapped up Italian U21 Star Federico Macheda on a season long loan, the pacy striker was deemed not needed at Manchester United this season, and Sir Alex Ferguson believes that the move to West Brom will be a 'fantastic oppurtunity'.

Sky Sports News Managed to get a few West Brom fans speaking about their new signings and what they think they will bring to the club.

1 un-named supporter said 'Federico Macheda looks a great prospect, so to see him in a West Brom shirt this season is going to be great, the Manager has certainly caught our eyes with this signing. Sky Sports: What do you think Federico will bring to the club? I think he will bring some class to the strike force, he is quick and certainly knows how to finish. I will look foward to seeing him this season.

Tony, a lifelong Baggies fan said 'Federico and Marc look the have a great future ahead of them and bringing them to West Brom will be a fantastic experience for them both. Federico is never going to get in the United team this year, and Marc is only 19 and has had hardly any Football Experience at Championship level yet alone Premier League. But Rhys has pulled off 2 fantastic signings and can only be good for the club.'

'Henri Saivet joins the Baggies'

Young attacking midfielder Henri Saivet has joined West Brom on loan until the end of the season. Manager Rhys Lawlor said in an exclusive interview with West Brom TV 'Henri has a fantastic future, and for him to be at West Brom is going to be a fantastic experience, one that he is hopefully is going to enjoy. He will bring some added quality to our right flank and add some really good pace.'

'Therry Racon signs for West Brom'

West Brom complete the signing of cultured midfielder Therry Racon from Charlton for £500,000. Therry will bring Championship experience to the West Brom team and will make the Central Midfield position stronger.

Pre-season friendlies:

Partick Thistle (Away) 4-1 (Macheda x2, Brunt and Thomas)
Brechin City (Away) 3-0 (Mark Donald O.G, Ross Gilmartin O.G, Henri Saivet
Glenn Hoddle Academy (Home) 4-0 (Wood, Mulumbu, Saivet, Tamas)
Queen of The South (Away) 2-0 (Teixeira, Dorrans)
Leyton Orient (Away) 5-0 (Saivet x2, Dorrans, Tamika Mkandawire O.G, Elford-Alliyu
Crusaders (Away) 1-0 (Wood)
Chelsea (Home) 1-3 (Saivet)

Overall, a good pre-season and hopefully take that goal scoring form into the League.

Will update tomorrow.

Last edited:
No offense, but that's all a bit boring, just a lump of writing. Try using pictures, colour etc. Just trying to help mate :)

No offense, but that's all a bit boring, just a lump of writing. Try using pictures, colour etc. Just trying to help mate :)

No offence taken mate. I will do in future.

Update up until 26th of August:

Results:

West Brom 1-1 Leicester (Mulumbu)

West Brom 6-0 Hereford (Moore x3, Mulumbu x2, Thomas)

West Brom 3-0 Q.P.R (Macheda, ***, Koren)

Swansea 1-2 West Brom (Jara x2)

Blackpool 2-2 West Brom (Macheda x2)

Sorry lads this will be my last update as I have to go to work.. Will update again at 10pm when i'm home.

Status
Not open for further replies.