Bolton capture Wheater from Boro

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Bolton sign central defender David Wheater from Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

More...

Good deal, he looked a class above at Boro. Best of luck to him.

Too good for the championship and Boro had no choice but to sell considering his contract is up at the end of the season. Question is can Boro find a decent enough replacement with that cash and can they beat the drop?

So is this as a replacement for Gary Cahill?

Good signing for Bolton.

I like Wheater. One of those dependable CBs, strong and committed. Good buy

Although I am very disappointed in this, it's what Wheater needs to take his game to the next level so he can fulfill his potential, just now he is only 23 so many many years ahead of him, lets hops he gets into the England squad as he is a quality player.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Vmqtiq9pY"]YouTube - Be David. Shout Wheater![/ame]

Zat Knight and David Wheater............... The tallest centre half pairing ever??

Maybe this can pave a way for Cahill to come to Chelsea and they might think about lowering their 20million asking price!!!! Decent centre half though will do well at Bolton im sure.

Never been convinced by Wheater to be honest but Coyle has worked wonders with Zat Knight. Still has the potential to become a great defender.

Seems like a good capture, Wheater was my key CB in my World Cup winning England squad in 2018.

I think this is a signing because they expect a big bid for cahill in the summer and see wheater as a cheap ideal replacement