Sorry all, back playing tonight. Had to go away for work there for a few days so never got a chance to play any. Hope to finish the season this evening

Apologies for anyone following this, I haven't been able to get on this week either due to work commitments. As of 5 today I will be off for 2 weeks so definitely get flying through this.

Will finish this season this evening and get the results etc posted tonight.

Still chasing the playoffs but lack of goals could cost me

Sorry for anyone that was following this. I have had a really busy few weeks and just couldn't get time to play FM over the last few weeks.

I finally got a good go at it last night and have now finished the season and currently in the middle of pre-season for season 2.

I will be posting the updates over the course of today.

Apologies again

March

Leeds, Preston, Bristol City and Ipswich to come in March. After the home defeat in the last match, I decided to revert back to the 3 at the back formation for the home matches as well. The way I see it, is if I can keep it tight and pick up the odd win, coupled with the draws I should be able to make the play-offs.

Results

So two wins and 2 draws, but only 4 goals scored. Very solid at the back at the moment but obviously not scoring enough going forward. Some good results there. Delighted that I am hanging in there.

View attachment 129746
Finished the month in 3rd, behind Sheff Wed and Boro. Wolves are one point back in 4th.

End of the season

8 games left to play. Reading (H), Brentford ( A), Derby (A ), Boro (H), Charlton (H) , Cardiff (A), Hull (H), Fulham (A)

Pretty difficult run in with Hull, boro, ipswich, Derby all still in the charge for promotion.

Decided to go into the first game with the same formation, with wellington silva returning to the starting line-up.

Easy 3-1 win with goals from silva, clough and Osede. Started to dream after that game! That didn't last long! Successive defeats including a ham mering by brentford who were on course to finish mid table at best!!

View attachment 129745
Boro next at home and was not feeling confident. Felt like this could be the beginning of a slide down the table. Before the game I changed Clough to the left of the front two and Silva to the right. F9 on the left and Trequarista on the right.

View attachment 129743

Talk about luck! After a pretty even and close game boro missed a 92nd minute penalty! If that had went in, I know that would have been the end of the playoff dream! Clough and Silva with another 1 apiece!

That was the kick I needed!!! I won the next 4 games in a row to finish the season in 2nd!! By no means did I dominate the games but I managed to get over the line and win by a goal in 3 of the 4 games! Was 1-0 down to Fulham in the last game but somehow managed to win 2-1 to take me straight up!!! Fulham ended the season bottom of the table. Born lost their last 4 after that penalty miss against me and ended up missing the playoffs!!!

View attachment 129742
There's been a lot of luck, but the tactic has been so solid at the back! Injuries were difficult over the season but everyone that has came into the team has managed to step it up! Davies, Clough, Laurie Wilson, Vela, Ostede, Holding, Amos, and Silva have been top class.

View attachment 129738
Hull win the playoffs to join me in the top division!

End of the season review

What can I say - absolutely delighted to go up in my first season. Pretty poor league this time around as 76 points was enough to get me automatic promotion but all the same, I am up!

View attachment 129737

Team Stats

Best Possession, Best Pass completion rate and third most passes made.
View attachment 129733View attachment 129732View attachment 129731

Lawrie Wilson - Amazing Season at right wing back.

View attachment 129735

Player Stats - Final player stats

View attachment 129736

Bolton Awards

Vela with young player of the year. Lawrie Wilson with Fans player of the season

View attachment 129734

Pre-Season - Season 2

Apologies for publishing all the updates at once but I wanted to fire through them when I had free time.

I've now completed pre-season, my transfer business and tactical changes for the season ahead.

Transfer Embargo

This was finally lifted following promotion.

View attachment 129728

Initial Budgets

I wasn't given an awful lot of room for manoeuvre in terms of strengthening the squad. I had to spend quite a bit of time deciding how to make money from the current player pool, save on wages through releases and also be smart when bringing in players by paying very little up front and making the payments last 48 months.

View attachment 129729
Players out

I lost silva as he returned to Arsenal after the successful loan spell. They actually released him on a free transfer but he asked for 60+k a week so I told him to slide on. I let a heap of players go on free transfers after their contracts had expired, including Wheater who although performed well was injured a lot and on 20k per week. Money i could use else where.

View attachment 129727
I made some very difficult calls in terms of selling players but ultimately I thought I could get at least equivalent standard players in for cheaper.

Moxey, Clayton, Madine and Twardzik where all sold for about 2 million in total. Didn't want to get rid of Moxey but he wasn't out of this world last season and I had found a perfect replacement from a relegated premiership club. I let Dervite go after his 11 months out injured but again was a difficult decision. Trotter who ended up with over 30 appearances was let go for 2.2 million which I was amazed about. I let Hall go as he wasn't going to get near the team, especially with the formation I play.

The final three departures where the most difficult - Amos who was immense in goals, Lawrie Wilson and Osede. All three where first choice last season and performed amazingly. Wilson was player of the year but I felt I had brought in better replacements across each position. Fans hated me for selling Amos and Wilson.

Players In

View attachment 129725
Adam Federici - Available for 450k and very decent keeper stats. 14 in passing which helps my playing out from the back and possession game. Bournemouth got relegated so quite a number of their players were available.

Charlie Daniel -
In around the same sort of stats as Moxey and available for 350k. Decided to bring him in as number 2 and let the young winger converted to Left Wing Back Tom Walker as first choice this season

Emerson Hyndman -
Fulham were relegated from the championship so lots of their players were listed. Tried to get christenson and dembele but the fees where too dear. Managed to structure this one for Hyndman, never had him before but remember a save where he was incredible playing for Roma (I think?!?). Back-up for Davies and Vela.

Benik Afobe - Steal!!! 1 million up front! I've had him before and he bangs them in when the formation is right!! Delighted and he will go straight into the first 11.

Cauley Woodrow - Haven't used him before or came across him in saves from what I can remember but as I couldn't get Dembele, decided to scout this lad. Reports where good, young, english, thought he could be number three. Let's see.

Tommy Elphick - Again prem experience. Decent fee. Should walk into my back three.

Mason Holgate - brought in as back up on loan. Might get playing first choice later in the season

Dennis Diekmeier - Very cheap. Had him before as right wing back and he's an absolute beast. High hopes and the reason I let Lawrie Wilson leave.

Nicolas Hofler - Available for 1million and very versatile. Will cover Spearing, centre half, other midfield roles and possible even the wing backs.

Michael Hector - Loan move from Chelsea. Probably first 11. Will take a look at his performances during pre-season.

James Chester - Good stats for centre half and available for 475k. no brainer. Probably first choice.

Ravel Morrison - Brought in as I needed cover for Davies. Had forgot I had Hyndman as he was at the olympics. Terminated the loan deal next day. I know he looks quality but I was worried what would happen if I don't play him first choice.

Darron Gibson - Free Transfer. No brainer. Cheap enough wage and great stats (albeit slow) for regista. Back-up for Vela at least at the start.

I think this is my business done at this point. There's a few weeks left when the season starts but unless a huge bid comes in for one of my stars, I will have no money to spend on wages of transfer fees anyway. May get one more loan in.