Bolton rocked by Holden lay-off

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Bolton's Stuart Holden is set to be ruled out for six months after sustaining a knee injury against Manchester United on Saturday.

More...

as a United fan i feel sorry for Holden and Bolton but it didnt seem like an overly malicious tackle just a 50-50 that went wrong a bit but saying that he shouldnt have shown his studs :/

as a United fan i feel sorry for Holden and Bolton but it didnt seem like an overly malicious tackle just a 50-50 that went wrong a bit but saying that he shouldnt have shown his studs :/
We're not even sure if it was caused by Evans, Bolton wont elaborate on it, all we know is that he needed 26 stitches

Hope he recovers well. Not good to see anyone being stretcherd off.

Don't understand. He needed 26 stitches and there were no fractures or anything, so why 6 months? :$

Poor guy. Has had a superb season and that's a massive blow to Bolton as well.

Probably the most consistent player in the Premiership this season, shame he's injured after a full blooded 50-50 challenge.

We don't see them too often anymore, and you can see why, because some people fear getting hurt, so massive credit to the lad to go into it in the first place.

Hope Holden gets better soon.

He's unlucky to be out for 6 months, didn't he break his leg whilst playing for USA last year?? Its never good to see a player injured for long period of time

''Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game''Stuart Holden on Twitter. Hope he get's back soon!!!!!!

Don't understand. He needed 26 stitches and there were no fractures or anything, so why 6 months? :$

You don't need to break anything to be out for a substantial period of time. As Mike. said, could be ligament damage etc? Or maybe the wound is just that bad and he doesn't have super healing powers like Nani ;)

Poor fella, misses the FA Cup semi and potentially the final.I thought both players went into the challenge recklessly though.

Holdens always been unlucky with injuries, feel sorry for him great player!

Poor fella, misses the FA Cup semi and potentially the final.I thought both players went into the challenge recklessly though.

Reminded me greatly of the Gerrard tackle at OT in the FA Cup. Reckless from both players, but right call made.

wish holden a speedy recovery from the injury good luck following the operation

Reminded me greatly of the Gerrard tackle at OT in the FA Cup. Reckless from both players, but right call made.
its exactly that, both went in fairly dangerously on a 50-50, deserved red for evans for the injury

Important player for Bolton, especially recently, this is a blow.

Poor Guys, Hope he makes a quick recovery and still comes back to the same ability and performance he has been showing.

Back