Bolton Wanderer's - Taking Home Town to the Top!

idontsparkle

Reaction score
I decided after not being able to keep to saves etc, I decided I would try and keep a story going, about the team from where ive been living for most of my life :p.

Bolton_Wanderers_FC_Logo.gif

Club: Bolton Wanderer's F.C.
Founded: 1874
Ground: Reebok Stadium
Seating: 28,723
Club Status: Proffesional
Finances: Secure​

Bolton.jpg

newspaperjp.jpg

bbcsports.png

Bolton Hire New Manager​
Inexperienced Fan Takes over​

At a press release at the Reebok Stadium, Bolton Chairman Phil Gartside, has announced that the new person taking over at Bolton Wanderer's is a fan from the town, Robert Pattinson.

Fan's are outraged that Phil would allow this to go through, they feel that someone with more experience should be in the hotseat.

We managed to get an interview with the chairman and with the new manager.

BBC: So Mr. Gartside, what was it about the young lad, that made you pick him as the manager for the club?

Phil: Well, I believe for the best interest's of the club going forward, that we need to start thinking about what the fan's want and think, and I had met Robert, at a few Fan Day's and on our visit's to the nearby Sport's Direct, due to the sponsorship deal with Reebok. Hes very enthusiastic and doesn't plan to let myself, the club nor the fans down. I just urge the fans to give the guy a chance, as he has the full support of myself and the staff behind him

BBC: Thank you Mr Gartside. Now to you Mr. Pattinson, how did it feel when Mr. Gartside approached you about becoming the manager of the club you support?

Robert: Well, I had to pinch myself to be honest, it came as a real shock, considering I have no real experience within the game, I had to wonder if I was dreaming or not, Phil convinced me that I wasn't and that the offer was genuine. Once this came about I just jumped at the chance!

BBC: So what can the fan's look forward to with you in charge? and what change's do you plan to bring about?

Robert: The first course of action I will take, will be to sit down with the staff, and outline my plans for the club with them, and how they fit into it, I will also be looking for the staff to bear with me as I find my feet at the club. The next course of action, will be looking into the Squad, who will be part of my plans and who is no longer needed, the formation the club will use, and the training the players will receive.

BBC: Thank you Mr Pattinson, and Good Luck with your career as Bolton Manager

July

The Pre-season has gone well so far, has allowed me to see who's playing well, and who's not, has allowed me to see my new signings in action. Hopefully the team will be able to finish in a top table spot this season.

Results

Bolton 3-0 Bolton Res
Ivan Klasnic, Kevin Davies(2)

Bolton 4-0 Loko (Plovdiv) - Friendly Cup Semi Final
Kevin Davies(2), Johan Elmander, Zat Knight

Bolton 5-0 Sigma Olomouc - Friendly Cup Final
Johan Elmander, Kevin Davies(2), James Rodriguez, Ivan Klasnic

Bolton 6-0 Ballymena Utd
Helder Postiga(2), Zat Knight(2), James Rodriguez, Johan Elmander

Edit: Game Crashed so had to replay the Elche Game >< ended up winning it so im not going to count it as a result to be honest.

Key Man: Kevin Davies - He has been outstanding during the pre-season games.

Transfers

boltonwanderers3.png

Marc Muniesa - Is one for the future, he will spend the season in the U18 Squad, then I will loan him out to get match experience

James Rodriguez - Class AMC, he's pretty much guranteed himself a first team place, from the way he has been playing in the pre-season games so far

Helder Prostiga - ST - Good strong Striker to put into rotation, and will replace klasnic once klasnic's loan ends. Hes also just been injured, so out of action for three weeks.

Still got a fair bit of money left over from the surplus players that have left Bolton, so still looking to reinforce areas of the squad.​

Last edited:
August

August, has seen the end of the pre-season, the start of the league, new signing's have been fantastic, and the people on loan have been brilliant.

Results

Bolton 6-1 Wuhan - Pre Season Friendly​
Ivan Klasnic(4), James Rodriguez, Johan Elmander​

Bolton 2-1 Juventus - Pre Season Friendly​
Ivan Klasnic, Johan Elmander​

Bolton 0-1 Stoke- PL - A

Bolton 3-0 Birmingham - PL - H
Zat Knight, Johan Elmander, Gretar Steinsson

Bolton 0-0 Wolves - PL - H

Bolton 4-1 Nottingham Forrest - League Cup Second Round - A​
James Rodriguez, Helder Postiga(2), Jack Wilshire​

Bolton 3-1 Man City - PL - A​
Zat Knight(2), Bernardo​

Disappointing start to the season with an away loss to Stoke, the team then made up for that with a wondrous win against Birmingham, but then performance slipped again, when we played Wolves, Then we ended the month with a good game against Nottingham Forest, in the second round of the league cup, then we played Man City, to be honest I went into the game expecting a loss, I told the team the pressure was off and just to enjoy the run out, the scores were level at half time, then the time just took off in the second half, I jumped for joy at the result.

Player of the Month: Ivan Klasnic
ivan-klasnic.jpg

Superb Performance by Ivan, have an agreed loan price of £4.3 Million, but with him being only worth £1.6 Million, I may wait till the loans finished, then Try to buy him at the July 2010 Transfer Windows, as I believe £4.3 Million is a bit expensive.

Transfers

boltonwanderers5.png

Bernardo - DM/MC - Expensive transfer at £3 Million upfront, and then a further £3 Million over 30 months, however, so far I have been impressed with his performances, and has very good potential to be a top premiership DM/MC in the future.

Yoann Andreu - D/WB (LR) - Needed a Right Back to replace Gretar Steinsson, since he is equal in skill to Sam Ricketts, and Sam is the Left Back rotation with Paul Robinson, agreed deal during the loan to buy for £2.8 Million, but I won't be taking this up, as hopefully for next season, will have the transfer budget to bring in some quality defenders / defenders with potential.

Ive managed to get some more reserve players offloaded, a few on loans, but it gets them out the squad/experience etc, so hopefully I can sell them off once they return, and managed to offload 3 further non longer needed players, to help bring in some budget.

League Table
englishpremierdivision.png

So Far its looking like my prediction of a top-table finish could be a possibility, and if we do it, I hope we get a good transfer budget for the next season, so we can push further.