bkay012

Reaction score
Right, this is my first time managing Bolton so I am a little unsure on how to approach the job i.e which tactic to use, what players to sell/buy, any staff additions?

Start of Season Expectations - Mid-Table Finish
Transfer Budget - £1.5M
Remaining Wage Budget - 28K
% of Transfer Revenue Made Available - 70%

Does anybody have any experience with Bolton and/or is willing to offer any advice on how to achieve success with them? Thanks
smile.gif

Last edited:
What databas are you using, the normal 11.3 or a 11/12 season update ?

Yeah I'm looking for a Bolton tactic/formation. Using LFCMarshall update

the 11.3 update

I would play a controlling and physical football. Using a formation that floods the midfield by default and covers large areas of the pitch, like a 4231, not letting any players roam but instead hold their position. At home, I would play a control based approach against most teams and perhaps using Attack against lower sides to get that early goal and reduce the opponents confidence/forcing them to open up the play.

Away from home, Counter would probably be the best option, along with the shouts you see fit. Retain possession, take a breather and play more narrow when wanting to be more cautious and get ball forward, play wider when wanting to exploit the space left behind by the attacking opponents

okay, thank you! I'll update you when I'm half way through the season :)