A* Manager

Reaction score
Right , this is my first time managing Bolton (other than on FM08) so I am a little unsure on how to approach the job i.e which tactic to use , what players to sell/buy , any staff additions?

Start of Season Expectations - Mid-Table Finish
Transfer Budget - £1.5M
Remaining Wage Budget - 28K
% of Transfer Revenue Made Available - 70%

Does anybody have any experience with Bolton and/or is willing to offer any advice on how to achieve success with them? Thanks :)

P.S - I know there is a 'Who should I buy/sell' sub-section but I am in need of other advice too so sorry if it is in the wrong place.

I would play that formation as in the screenshot but with Elmander as a poacher with Davies as target man.

I'd buy a new Right & Left back if i was you, maybe Roberto Carlos for Left Back.

Use Monthly Instalments to get players aswell (not to much though)

I have found Gustavo Nery on a free , do you think he'll be good enough for left back?
I'll post screenshot if required.

Alright, I've managed Bolton in my first season to winning the treble (League cup, FA Cup, Premier League)

Here's what you might do.
If you need the extra cash, sell Elmander or Holden (On your own risk if you sell Holden)
Get Mark Davies and Sean Davis from the reserves into the first team.
Get Roberto Carlos for DL, or Ibertsberger on loan.

You have a strong attack, I'd advise you to get an AMR, maybe Christian Keller on loan?

I'd advise you to use one of Raikan's tactics, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, they are pretty good.

Use Muamba as Ball winning midf. defend

Oh and in january, try to get Vieira if you want / don't have enough midfielders.

Try to loan Bassong.

Maybe even Christian Keller... You have a strong enough attack, but Sturridge is there for 1 season only, K. Davies is ready for retirement as well as Robbie Blake (pretty good AML - Adv. Playmaker, but your first choice AML should be Petrov), so you might look into getting Christian 'Chucho' Benitez.

edit:
Another thing, you might have some problems with "Discipline" which will cause Steinsson to be unhappy and wanting to leave the club. Wait for the season to end, then sell him and get someone new. If you win any trophy, you might get around 4-5 mil for transfers next season, but if you win the premier league, 16 mil minimum you'll get for transfers

Last edited: