Reaction score
Anyone do any reading here and there?

Only things I've read worth noting are:

Women - Charles Bukowski
The Catcher In The Rye - J.D. Salinger
1984 - George Orwell
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
Henry Rollins' Auto-biographical diaries.
So This Is Readin'? - Tripp Unseen's Auto-biographical diary.
Hegemony Or Survival - Noam Chomsky
Confessions Of An Economic Hitman - John Perkins

Not much of a reader personally. Read Of Mice and Men at school (about 5/6 years ago now) and since then it's the only book i've actually read. I like it because it's nice and short and can be finished within a few hours.

yea stick links to dvds on there mate good one ^o).

I do a bit of reading but it takes me ages to get right into a book

used to love tressure island :p my fav just now is angels & demons by Dan Brown

Last book I read was Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. Other than that though the last real book I read was Lord of the Flies back in School so a good 4 years ago.X|

Last book I read was Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. Other than that though the last real book I read was Lord of the Flies back in School so a good 4 years ago.X|

Same

./high 5

Lord of the flies is amazing, read darkly dreaming and dearly beloved dexter on holiday this year.

both amazing, also ad i have all 4 dan brown books aswell :wub:

i've never been a reader too lazy to be honust but my girlfriend got me into manga a while back so i tend to read quite a lot of that stuff like Death Note, Hellsing, Battel Royal, ect... anyone else into manga?

I love reading books, though lately i've only been reading books and journals that relate to my History course. :( lol

I can't believe you read the history books, they're absolutely dreadful haha. I can hardly motivate myself to make any notes because it's just full of garbage I really couldn't give a monkeys about. Who on earth wants to read about the Manchester cotton industry? That's not history it's industrial studies. I'd have though there were more important things to study rather than Manchester and Cotton. The educational system proves me wrong again.

currently reading 4 books at the moment...

The Reavers- George MacDonald Fraser (hilarious historical fictional comedy)
The Odessey- Homer (greek classic)
The Bowmen of England- Donald Featherstone (non-fiction)
A History of Medieval Warfare- Various (non-fiction)

I can't believe you read the history books, they're absolutely dreadful haha. I can hardly motivate myself to make any notes because it's just full of garbage I really couldn't give a monkeys about. Who on earth wants to read about the Manchester cotton industry? That's not history it's industrial studies. I'd have though there were more important things to study rather than Manchester and Cotton. The educational system proves me wrong again.

Well if i didn't read history books, it'd be kind of pointless doing my course. haha :p
Oh, i'd of thought learning about that was interesting seeing as it's part of the Industrial Revolution, but well each to their own opinion. :)

I don't read as much as I should or want to. Still churning through The Shining has been on and off for over a year, actaully read a couple of other books inbetween.

I would recommend:

A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
1984 - George Orwell
Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
Invisible Monsters - Chuck Palahniuk

cant think of any more at the moment...

I'm a fan of the Dan Brown books, even though they're all pretty similar. Aint read a proper book in a while, History essays are enough for now...

Don't worry Ad, they get better ;|. How you finding it?

Not going too bad, I had a meeting last week because of my poor attendance for Manchester and the Making of Modern Britain. Not my fault it's a load of tosh. Quite enjoying the American Revolution and Rise Of Persecuting Society is picking up a bit, it started well boring. Europe In Turmoil is as solid as it's always been. Got a 3000 word assignment to do for friday on a dictator or someone that persecuted a section of society. Can't believe how **** the libraries are. No books in Manchester Central Library on Lenin. WTF? That a joke?

On a side note, went into HMV on the high street other day, looking for Henry Rollins' DVD/Books selection. This guy says can I help you (he looked about 17) and I said "Oh I'm looking for Henry RO-LLINS' DVDs and he said; "oh Henry R-ole-ins? The angry guy? Him that's the guitarist in that metal band"? I said: "No, he was the lead singer of Black Flag - a hardcore band". Basically, this guy just came across as an ******* trying to show off his historical knowledge of music. When he found out they didn't sell his stuff there, he turned around and said "Just get Bill Hicks' dvd he's a lot better". What a condescending *****. When I pointed out I was thinking about buying the Frankie Boyle dvd he tutted and everything. People are so more polite in yorkshire.

i got Atlas shrugged by ayn rand in norwegian for christmas, its 1200 pages, i guess i will use about a year reading it, hehe

I'm surprised no-one's posted in here for such a long time! Has any tried the Jack Reacher or Myron Bolitar series? Both brilliant, similar yet different. They're basically both thriller/crime/detective stories, with very interesting protagonists and brilliant plots - they're definitely worth a read!