"Boom boom boom boom" The Polivalent 4-2-3-1!!!

lipecamara

Reaction score
Boom Boom: The best 4-2-3-1!! AND NOW 4-4-2 VERSION RELEASED!

The 4-2-3-1 Tactic Duo

View attachment 361260 View attachment 361275

RESULTS

View attachment 361264View attachment 361263View attachment 361262View attachment 361266View attachment 361265

Most Recent Table/Players Stats

View attachment 361274View attachment 361273View attachment 361267View attachment 361268View attachment 361269View attachment 361270View attachment 361271View attachment 361272

ABOUT THE 4-2-3-1 DUO

It's a tactic duo that will get you most of possession often,play beatiful soccer and score a bunch(from anywhere with anyone) while conceding a little.It's the best i could ever took out of any tactic in this season version.
You're going to see a very notable difference between the two tactics: the width.
This is because a narrow team defends better and a wide team attacks better.Also,for this changes to work the wingers role must changes,as their space to run also change.
The defense i basically the accomplished Arrigo Sacchi's.
Also,does not only change the tactics when home and away.Pay attention to match situations.When losing for a difference of 2+ goals away from home,switch to the more attacking tactic.And when you're winning in home against a tough opposition and you want to secure the result,switch to the counter version.

THE 4-4-2 VERSION

View attachment 361276View attachment 361277

RESULTS/PLAYER STATS

View attachment 361286View attachment 361281View attachment 361282View attachment 361283View attachment 361285View attachment 361284View attachment 361280View attachment 361279View attachment 361278

Second Season

View attachment 362753View attachment 362751View attachment 362752View attachment 362750

Third Season
View attachment 364729View attachment 364727View attachment 364723View attachment 364724View attachment 364725View attachment 364726View attachment 364738View attachment 364721
About the 4-4-2 duo:

It's works the same way that the 4-2-3-1.The big difference here is that because you don't have anymore a AMC,your possession is going to get lower and your team is going to play more directly.However,the addition of a strong striker gives you more pressing power upfront,therefore more finishing and counter skills for the tactic.

DF/TM ROLE:
View attachment 361287
Balance,Strength,Stamina,Jumping,Heading,Finishing,First Touch,Composure,Determination,Work Rate,Teamwork,Aggression.
Ex:Brandão,Kiebling,that kind.

General tactical important tips(applies for both tactics):

- Try always to have good free-kicks players(a DC/ST that can score from corner,someone to take free-kicks,corners and a good penalty kicker)
- No shouts.
- You can either use 4 all-around DM's or have 2 Defensive DMs and 2 Creative(DLP) DMs.Their skills and PPMs should do the difference when you play(generally,play 1 creative and 1 defensive).
- Wingers must be switched footed for the IF configure to work well.And they must learn to play on both sides so that you can change during the game without needing to substitute.
- The DMs and FBs are set to tackling hard.If you don't have players with good tackling and aggression in these positions,or they're dirty,change it back to normal.
- 10 man situation: take out the AMC or one of the strikers(the worse).
- Never have a player with "Stay Back at all times" PPM.
- Players that can play in several positions are very useful.
- You can have a winger and a inside foward in any configure.It still work.(i use this when i'm struggling with injuries)
- Micro management is very important!!! try to always keep your players morale up.

General tips about the players attributes(applies for both tactics):

- Don't buy unconsistent or low important matches players.Look every player report to see these attributes.
- First Touch,Work Rate and Stamina are very important attributes to any position in these tactics(Exception: AMC).
- Look for the best defenders.Mental attributes here are crucial(take a look at Mertesacker,his mental attributes are perfect)
- You must have wingers of both foots and with good work rate in the squad.If don't,have fullbacks that can play in the wide mid slot,because of the counter configure.Example: you have a world class left footed winger,but his work rate is below 12.When you switch to counter tactic,take him out and put a fullback in,'cause in the counter tactic the most important attributes for the wings are Crossing and Work Rate.
- Quickness is important in the wings.Speacially for the counter configure.For the attacking configure,however,technique,dribbling,decisions,flair,agility,finishing,off the ball are more important.
- When you have 1 striker formation(AF role),he must be good all around.Technical but strong.Lewa,Cavani,that kind.When you use 2 strikers,the AF(STCL) must be more technical,and the DF/TM(STCR) taller and stronger.
- Fullbacks: besides from stamina and work rate,crossing here is crucial.It will get you about 10 assists each position per season.Also,if they're really fast,they can score until 5 goals a season each.
- Goalkeeper: The best.

Match preparation and training are all tactics until fluid and then Balanced and Teamwork.

Teamtalks i use the usual.Any good guide will do.

So,i guess it's pretty much it! Hope you guys like!
Also,really thanks to everybody here in the forum.I learn a lot with you here, and the game is really funnier that way.

"Boom, boom, boom, boom.
I'm gonna shoot you right down,
Knock you off of your feet,
And take you home with me.
Put you in my house.
Boom, boom, boom, boom."

[video=youtube;X70VMrH3yBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X70VMrH3yBg[/video]

View attachment 355090 View attachment 355091
View attachment 361288 View attachment 361289

Note: the 4-2-3-1 counter tactic is with the wingers in the AMR and AML slot position.Just drop them to be right.
Note²: the 4-4-2 tactics are with the DMs and FBs set to tackling normal.It is this way 'cause with Saint Ettiene the players were ****** so they were getting too much booked.If you have high aggression and tackling players,set them to hard tackling.

Last edited:
Looks great, I think I'll give it a go mate. Is there two tactics to download? Standard and counter?

Updated the OP.
- New results.
- New tactic.
- New tactic results.(funniest season i've ever had
XD)

hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
The 4-2-3-1 tactic works a treat with Bayern.

Was looking for a good 4-2-3-1 after taking them over in 2016 and due to bad AI squad management I had to rebuild almost the entire team.

Won the treble in my first season with this tactic and only changed on very few occasions to the counter tactic.

Gonna post some screens later when I'm back home from university.

P.S. I also had the best attack and defense by a country mile. 79 scored 16 conceded in the league. I won the CL final 1-0 against Manchester United and didn't allow a single shot on target despite them having a striker partnership of Falcao and Rooney who ended up number one and two top scorers in the CL. :D

Last edited:
If you are asking me then yes. I only use the counter attack if I want to play down the clock and am already leading by two or three goals but then again my Bayern team is pretty world class so it might not work that way with any team.

Last edited:
might give it a go with my dortmund save first season

So only came around to cropping, converting and uploading the screenshots now but here they are.

League Table

First eleven

Results

League

Cup

Champions League

Player ratings

Goals and Assists

Now in my second season with Bayern I brought in Lamela to have a left footed player for the right side and better rotation option for Müller who was a bit disappointing in the first season.

I also bought Lukaku who was rotting away on Reals bench and so far he has scored 10 goals in 6 games.

Btw I can only advice people to give this tactic at least half a season because for me it only really kicked of during the second half of the season and now in my second season it continues to be amazing.

very good results you have there. Gotze was on fire! and what about that 6x0 against Real Madrid? WOW!

Try using Muller as AF upfront,i he should work better there.Also,about the left footed winger,Lamela is good but i can't think of anyone better than Ayew.The guy is simply a beast! You can always have him for around 20m-25m,and he'd never let me down.I had him in Liverpool,Dortmund and now St.Ettiene.In Dortmund for example,both his goals and assists were over 20+ per season.Plus,you can always count on him to defend for you,as his workrate is really high!

i'm very happy you enjoyed. thank you very much for the feedback!

i'm also enjoying my 3rd season at St.Ettiene :D

View attachment 363731View attachment 363734View attachment 363732View attachment 363733

Last edited:
Ayew would probably be a good option but I took over Bayern in 2016 and he is already playing for Manchester United who won't even start negotiating after bidding 40m € for him.

I also went for Lamela because I already had him at my previous club Hertha BSC, got him for 14m € because he was unhappy and transfer listed with Roma, they played a 4-1-3-2 and he was just sitting on the bench, so I snatched him up.

Now bought him with Bayern for 35m €. I know it's mean buying good players from your old club but I like bringing in players that had success with in my old club.

Ill give this a bash.. thinking barca and only youth product signings. Would you advise messi up top or in hole????

I will start with Saint Etienne wich players do your recommend?

Ill give this a bash.. thinking barca and only youth product signings. Would you advise messi up top or in hole????
In the hole.
About the youth products,i suggest you pay attention to grimaldo,dongou,deulofeu,samper,rafinha,sergi roberto and bartra.They tend to become always quality with the right training.

I will start with Saint Etienne wich players do your recommend?
I imagine you're going to play the 4-4-2.
Here's a screen from my first season transfers:
View attachment 365744
As you can see,i didn't really did much.The squad has good players for the roles in the tactic,but you need to buy a young winger tied down to become top quality(if he can take free-kicks it's perfect!).Any good player for free,specially for the defense,like Del Horno or Thiago Heleno(he needs some time to adapt),is also interesting.And at last,find a reserve for Brandão.A strong striker with high work rate.Andy Carrol was very good for me when i got him on loan.

But the most important: hire good coaches and improve the players already in your squad.Aubameyang,Zouma,Guilavogui, for example,becomes top quality already in second season with the right training!

thanks for heads up but rafinha not be staying as I don't like him. lol, I'll also give this a kick with my Chelsea league, currently 14 points clear in league but not a 4-2-3-1 and always wanted to master it, so seems im in march and pretty clear it'll give it time to gel and be ready for next season cheers