Borderlands 2

Nathan

Reaction score

2K Games has announced Borderlands 2, due out on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 during the publisher's next fiscal year, which begins on 1st April 2012.

It features new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment and new, unexplored areas of Pandora.

"Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story," reads the official blurb.

"Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora."

The game will be unveiled at German show Gamescom this month.

2K makes Borderlands 2 official News - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

September Cover Revealed: Borderlands 2 - News - www.GameInformer.com

Last edited:
Loved Borderlands, will definitely keep an eye out for this to see how they've improved the original.

:D Will buy this for sure. Gives me a year to finish off number 1. Really like the first. Simple to play, good fun and its a bit differnt from other shooters. Looking forward to 2 :)

Details from the new Borderlands 2 feature in Game Informer magazine have begun seeping on to the web, revealing more concrete intel about the recently-announced co-op FPS sequel from Gearbox.

While the game will stick with co-op for up to four players, there will be far greater depth in the missions, AI, and customisation supported. There will be a wider variety of vehicles, including one with four seats.

The guns from the original have been scrapped; Gearbox is starting from scratch, and fully intends for each different brand of gun to be more distinctive this time around. Purchases and gun enhancements will be funded with a substance called 'Eridium', and custom gun enhancements will include decals ie. stickers.

The four playable characters from the original will return as supporting non-player characters, while the new ones will have incidental dialogue, implemented in a similar manner to Left 4 Dead.

Some missions will be time-sensitive, and the story will branch and adapt depending on how you fare.

As for the bearded fellow in the teaser art, he's Salvador, a 'Gunzerker' with the ability to dual wield any two guns in the game.

More details at the official Borderlands 2 forums.

Games On Net :: General News: More Borderlands 2 Details Revealed

[video=youtube;ZZ73PKsWZ8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ73PKsWZ8c&feature=feedu[/video]

Last edited:
I loved Borderlands cus it was so unique, can't wait for the second one... As long as they actually add to the game.

[video=youtube;kKVf5feSMEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKVf5feSMEg&feature=g-u-u&context=G260b7d4FUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Borderlands is a great game, still busy with it today! The missus and I play Split screen! Unique, big, great, awesome game, this can only get better!

Need to finish Demons Souls, Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands and now busy with Kingodms of Amalur on Pc...

September 18th? Ugh, such a long wait.

Loved the first Borderlands, great game.

I'm going to be starting a new character on Borderlands today if anyone fancies some Co-op gaming.

PC of course.

Add me on Steam: billy_mrincredible or PM me here.

Been meaning to start a new playthrough for a while, I'd be up for it.

Nathan and Redrup also looking to play some co-op with me soon. Do we have a 4th person interested?

I have to say, Borderlands 2 is looking a lot better than the original in every aspect.

[video=youtube;6d91Zvujs5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d91Zvujs5g[/video]

Oh, and:

In a recent interview with Gamerzines, Gearbox VP of Marketing Steve Gibson claimed "it takes 58 hours to play through the campaign" of Borderlands 2. Wow. That's a lot of loot. To be fair, this number came from some "guide guys," who most likely scoured every inch of Pandora. That's what "guide guys" do. The tally was for a single playthrough by one character.

If you're like me, you took all four classes from the original Borderlands to the level cap of 50. (It was later upped to 69 through DLC.) This required at least two playthroughs for each character, which meant beaucoup hours. So let's see here... for Borderlands 2 we've got four characters (five, if your pre-ordered) times two campaigns each at 58 hours per campaign, adjust for the airspeed velocity of an unladen Rakk, factor in outside societal factors, plus the overall disappointment loot-mongers have expressed with Diablo 3...

Yeah. Most of us will be single and out of work by December. Thanks, Gearbox!

Co-Optimus - Borderlands 2 Boasts 58 Hour Campaign

Cannot wait for this game, was pleased when I heard they were making a sequel. The PS3 will finally get a dusting off come September :D

Nathan and Redrup also looking to play some co-op with me soon. Do we have a 4th person interested?

If your talking about BL1 and your still playing / going to play...and its on Xbox I'd be happy to play. Love Borderlands!

in boarderland 2 you get extra skins for a each save of borderlands 1 you have.

Really enjoying this at the moment, think this will be game of the year for me :D

If anyone wants to co-op with me or just farm bosses like Vermivorous the Invincible then add me on XBOX, my gamertag is Kiesho.

We can also duplicate/exchange rare items, I have a few oranges and a ton of pinks. If anyone has Siren heads, i'll trade a lot for them. Let me know or add me for some boss raiding.

Very good game, way better than I expected, Handsome Jack is amazing.