bornexplorer's European Chairman Game - Story Thread

View attachment 375666

Marshall happy with start to life at Porto

New Porto chairman Billie Marshall has declared himself pleased at the start to the season his big spending side have made. The ambitious owner stated

" Porto were already a successfull side along time before i came along, but we have carried on that tradition early into the season. "

" We are still in all competitions entered and look in good shape in the Primera Liga and the Champions League, which were our two main targets. "

" I will continue to support new manager Diego Simeone in every possible way in the aim of improving this club and taking it to the next level. "

Marshall did state however, that the minimum expectation was to win the Primera Liga with a good performance in the Champions League also required

" Diego knows the expectations at FC Porto are very high but we have a team that is capable of playing under this pressure. We are looking forward to a bright future under Diego "

Walker Pleased With Early Season Form

New Ipswich owner NathWalker has today announced his delight at the clubs performance at the start of the season. Here are a few highlights from the press conference:

“How do you feel about the start that your club has made to the start of the season?”
“The media have predicted an 18th​ place finish for us this year and I think that our 2nd​ place after 19 games played has shown everyone that we are not a team to underestimate and that we will genuinely fight for automatic promotion this season. The start of the season is very pleasing for me and the rest of the backroom staff”

“It was reported that when you took over Micks job may have been under review, is there any truth in this?”
“Me and Mick had a meeting when I took over, and it was agreed that he would be in charge this season and that his performance would be evaluated after this, we told him our expectations and at the moment he is meeting and exceeding these expectations and I am extremely happy with his management. But as I said he is aware that he will be evaluated at the end of the season.”

“You said that you will be investing heavily in the club to turn it into a European giant, have we seen that investment already or is there more to come?”
“Obviously you have seen that I have spent money on improving the squad with Mick and me bringing in no less than 10 signings in the summer. I will also provide Mick with some funds for January if he chooses to use it.”

Last edited: