Boro youngster yet to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Middlesbrough starlet Nathan Porritt is yet to pledge his future to his hometown club.

The 16-year-old winger's reputation has soared in recent weeks after a string of hugely impressive displays for England in the Victory Shield.

Boro have offered Porritt a basic two-year scholarship deal, but they may very well be forced into a rethink - with news that the Premiership elite are hovering around looking to tempt him away from his native Teesside.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle are said to be heading the queue of clubs looking to land Porritt - although even some of the continent's big guns are also said to be keen.

"He has been offered a two-year scholarship, but as of yet it is not signed," confirmed his representative Peter Harrison to skysports.com.

Boro have a plethora of young English left wingers with Stewart Downing already established and Under-20 international Adam Johnson is also now firmly in the first team picture.

Harrison admitted that having both Downing and Johnson in front of him was something Porritt had to consider.

"Nathan is a Boro lad and supporter, but he has to look at the opportunities for himself," Harrison continued.

"No talks are planned at the moment over Nathan - the offer is there and as I said it has not been signed."

----------

I saw him in action for England, he an Nathan Franks (our other u16 player) were amazing and scored all goals in a 4-1 win i think. He better sign. :(

Source?

I hope Man Utd get him, as long as he's as good as Downing :rolleyes:

If your rss feeds where any good Sean you would know where it was from. :p

I alreayd dont like Porritt, he wasnt getting the ball in the vicory shiled game so he went in the huff.

Lee said:
If your rss feeds where any good Sean you would know where it was from. :p

I don't have Sky Sports RSS feeds Lee. Don't need them.

he just had three bad games, he kept good players, like drogba, messi, ibra, ady, RVP, benzema, eto. all quite in the pst couple of seasons.

YH but them games would be more important to Man U fans because its bragging rights between Liverpool and Man U and he got destroyed all 3

YH but them games would be more important to Man U fans because its bragging rights between Liverpool and Man U and he got destroyed all 3
Wrong thread mate.

Boro's seem to have a knack with English wingers at the moment, I just hope he is good, interesting to see how Adam Johnson will turn out

jack this thread is from 2005. think porrit hasnt been tht good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.