Borrusia Monchengladbach question

Ecstasy

Reaction score
First of all, not sure if this is the right place to place my question, but I've seen this is the general football board and I've thought to post it here. I am not an active member around here, I'm not used entirely with the forums yet.
I started watching German Bundesliga since last year and I've been impressed last season by Gladbach. Favre has done a really good job there, revitalizing a team that was almost relegated and sending the club on a Champions League spot.
Basically my question is what club in England is short on the terms with what Gladbach has won in Germany? I mean, what club has won almost the same trophies as number proportionally to Gladbach in Germany (and have the same reputation)? Any closure to Aston Villa (due to CL final lost by Gladbach) or Newcastle (big fanbase in each respectively country) ?

if you are going for sleeping giants from a serie A point of view I'd probably throw parma, sampdoria and napoli in there. I'd stick everton in and also feyenoord. just my opinion hope this helps

So Everton are close to Gladbach in a ranking related to attendance per game, trophies won and fanbase, in their countries, in your opinion.