Pinder2807

Reaction score
svenlogodortmund1549636.jpg

Just a quick overview guys, not done a FM save in Germany since probably FM09, and yet it is my second favourite league after the Premiership due to the stadiums and passion for the clubs. I support Aachen in Germany, and always have followed them for some reason, I am also an Arsenal fan. Some of you may remember a story I did on FM10 with Sporting Braga, which was quite popular, however I hope to make this one better than the last. I hope you can follow and also leave nice feedback, also constructive so I can make improvements, Thanks.

BREAKING NEWS..

Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has left the club due to personal reasons, Klopp has been manager at the club for 2 seasons, bringing a new batch of youngsters through the youth ranks at the club, here is a statement from Jurgen Klopp taken form the BVB website.

I am deeply sorry to announce my retirement to my managerial career here at Borussia Dortmund, I loved working at the club and I felt I had a great relationship with the players, and the fans loved me, however I am leaving due to personal reasons, after my youngest daughter, has been striken down with a deadly illness, and I wish to spend more time with my family, however who knows, 5 years down the line I could be back in management but we will have to see. I hope you all understand and I wish the club all the best for the future.

So, with Jurgen Klopp leaving the club, BVB chairman Reinhard Rauball needed to appoint a new manager, with the season starting in just over one month, appointing a new manager is a long and daunting process, they will be a lot of money spent on compensation for new coaches that the new manager wants to bring in, also the compensation paid to those coaches who leave by mutual consent. There had been a shortlist of managers linked to the managers job at Borussia Dortmund, those are as follows...

Ottmar Hitzfeld 7/2
Lars Ricken 10/1
Matthias Sammer 4/1
Jurgen Klinsmann 7/1

The new manager is expected to be announced in the next 3 days, meanwhile the assistant manager will take over..

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:09 PM ----------

topsk.jpg

Borussia Dortmund have announced today that ex Germany
and Bayern Munich manager Jurgen Klinsmann has taken
charge of the club. It was a long and daunting task of appointing
a new manager for the club after the saddened news that Jurgen
Klopp had to resign from the game with immediate effect. The loss
meant that the directors of the club had to appoint a new manager
as soon as possible, that would also fit the bill of taking on the task.
Here is what the club had to say.

We can now announce that Jurgen Klinsmann has been
appointed new manager of the club, he has agreed to sign on a
two year contract, with the option of extended the contract should
both parties agree to do so. We feel that Mr Klinsmann is the right
man for the job, to take this club forward, and who knows, could be
the next big team to conquer Germany. We hope you can give Jurgen
time, don't expect results straight away, he will do his best and that
is all we can ask for him, now lets all get behind him and back him.
Following the statement by the club directors, this is what Jurgen Klinsmann
had to say on his new job.

I am very pleased to bethe new manager of Borussia
Dortmund, don't expect anything flashy from me, I like to start
with a good defence, if you don't concede any goals then you
won't lose the football match, that is the basis that I am working
on. The backroom staff here are good and will be a pleasure to
work with, I have been promised transfer funds in the coming
season, but don't expect to see big signings coming in, I like to
bring through talent, and lastly I would just like to say the club has
fantastic support, and passion at each match is vital to get behind
the players. Thanks.
klinsmann.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Jurgen Klinsmann has picked out that this is the best formation to use at the club, it fits the players roles perfectly, and provides balance between attacking and defending, with the back 6 been very rigid while the front 5 can attack and roam around freely. Jurgen feels that he needs to add some depth to the squad, as he feels the first team is fairly small, and as injuries occur through the season he would therefore have to rely on some of his reserves.

I feel that this current squad has the potential to challenge for every trophy going at the start. We have experience in the squad with Roman Weidenfeller and Sebastian Kehl and Dede, and we also have potential wolrd class players coming through the ranks with Kevin Großkreutz, Nevan Subotic and Mario Gotze, and with that mix, it can work very well. From my first day in training I also gathered that there was a good working atmosphere around the football club.
roman.jpg

"Roman is very experienced member of the first team,
he has never played for Germany however he has been
called up, it feels as though he has been around for a
long time. The fans of this club love him, he has turned
down big teams in Europe to stay at Dortmund and has
proved his worth. I feel that he is good at dealing with
crosses, although he is not the quickest around the
penalty box, he does have excellent communication
and handling ability, and I will look to keep him at the
club till he retires from football."

dedeeh.jpg

"Like Roman, Dede has been around the club for a
long time, and is one of the most experienced left
backs in the Bundesliga, I remember I tried to sign
him for Bayern Munchen when I managed them,
but I am now pleased I have the chance to work
with him, he is a player who always gives 100% and
never stops, good at tackling and running from box to box."

kehl.jpg

"No need to say much about Sebastian, club
captain, and while I am here he will remain as
club captain, composed on the ball, and also
gets 110% out of every other player on his team.
Good tackler and looks to start off attacks. I feel
as though he still has a lot of years in him and
brings valuable experience to the club"

nevensubotic.jpg

"Nevan is a talented young man, he is the heart
of the defence, and is one of the best at his age,
he is good in the air, and also has good positioning.
Also a very good tackler and also has room for
improvement, could definatly be one of the best
in the future, like wise with Hummels, they form
a good partnership and understand each other's
game very well."

kevingrosskreutz.jpg

"Kevin Großkreutz is a phononomel talent, will be
occupying my left midfield this season, I won't be
loaning him out to give him experience, has been
outstanding in training in pre season, and has been
working very hard, which is what I look for in players,
could do better with crossing but that comes with
experience, going to be an exceptional German talent
and I won't be looking to sell him."

gotze.jpg

"Mario Gotze is another good player, big future
ahead of the lad, however Kagawa is ahead of
him in the first team, but expect him to also be
getting a lot of game time, the the potential to
mix his play up, good at dribbling with the ball
at his feet and has excellent turn of pace to get
past the defence, also has a good finish on him,
however he ain't a selfish player."

cheers :) since im in a gap year I have lots of free tie so expect a lot of updates :)

Friendlies

SV Mattersburg 0 - 2 B Dortmund
FK Austria Wien 2 - 2 Dortmund
FC Rouen 0 - 1 Dortmund
VFC Plauen 0 - 3 Dortmund
FC Oss 0 - 0 Dortmund
Hallescher 0 - 2 Dortmund

Mr Klinsmann, how did you think your pre season went? Is your team ready for the new season?

"We had a good pre season, I know we only played fairly easy teams, excluding Wien, but we showed up and showed what our youngsters can do. I left a lot of the big players out [Barrios, Kagawa, Kehl, Sahin, Subotic, Dede], reason for this been I wanted to see who could push for first team starts, as I feel that they will always be in the starting eleven, although no one at this club will be guarenteed a place, to get a place, you have to train well. Only conceding two goals in pre season, shows that we are strong at the back, and we are good at going forward."

You haven't brought in any players yet, do you plan to?

"Well, we don't really have the funds to bring people in, so if I do want players, I would need to sell, but in my honest opinion, I think this club doesn't need extra players, although the first team squad is rather small, I think we will get by to atleast January, then we will assess the situation then. In pre season the squad has showed me what they can do, and I am feeling confident."

Star of Pre Season

Sven has featured in every pre season game, he has shown good passing ability, and also breaks up attacks, definatley a replacement in a couple of years when Kehl hangs up his boots, who I would love to make into a coach once he has, he is a fan favourite at this club and Dortmund are a club close to his heart.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

GERMAN CUP, FIRST ROUND..

Borussia Dortmund have been drawn against SC Verl, Verl are an unknown team to most people, and Dortmund have been made the clear favourites with the away fans expecting to see a big win, in what is Klinsmann's first competitive game.

Scouting Report

• Founded in 1924
  • Stadion an der Poststraße (5000 capacity)
  • Manager - Raimund Bertels
  • League - Regionalliga West
Mr Klinsmann, you play away to SC Verl in your first competitive match, in the German Pokal, how do you expect your team to play against an unknown opposition?

"Well, first thing is first, never underestimate the opposing team, Deutsch Pokal is all about upsets, and we will approach this game like any other, I will put out my strongest side possible, and I hope we can go far.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

DONE DEAL

shakinghands.jpg

Borussia Dortmund can now announce the signing of Dinamo Zagreb highly rated right back Šime Vrsaljko, the German club brought him in on a loan deal worth €55k, with the club paying his wages in full until the rest of the season. Should the youngster inpress Dortmund manager Jurgen Klinsmann, both parties have agreed that Borussia Dortmund can buy the player for a fee of €1.1m. It was thought at first that the deal was going to be permanant straight away, but the lack of funds at the club forced them to agree a loan deal instead.

"I am very pleased I have finally got my man, I did have other targets on my radar, however after consulting the chairman, he agreed that we should look to take the club forward by bringing through youngsters and making use of the youth facilities we have here at the club. Im sure the fans will love the new signing, and it will give them an idea of what the future will be like, I am very pleased he decided to join Borussia Dortmund as there were a number of other clubs interested in him including Bayern Munchen and Juventus, that just goes to show that we aren't just a small club no more.
Šime will be my only singing of the season, or atleast of the summer transfer window anyway, and we now have the league and cups to look forward to"

The Dinamo Zagreb manager was understood to be upset to lose such a gifted player at a young age, and he felt that the chairman shouldn't have let him go for such a small fee, the manager did say that
Šime would be welcome back to the club at any point should he want to return.

Good start mate, hope it goes well, i'll follow. Vrsaljko is a good signing for the future if you opt for the permanent deal.

i also love the bundesliga for its unpredictability, brilliant fans and most of all, lack of corruption unlike the FAPL! therefore hope this goes well and I'll be following!

SATURDAY 14TH AUGUST 2010

It was a breezy summers day as the club had travelled 95 mile that morning to the small town of Verl, just an hour and a half's drive from the team training headquarters. The atmosphere on the coach was very relaxed, some players were playing cards while others were reading a book or listening to their ipod. Meanwhile Jurgen and the Dortmund assistant manager Zeljko Buvac were drawing up some tactics, they knew the game wasn't going to be just a walkover, and that they should never underestimate the opposing team, they decided that although a small club as they were, they couldn't take any chances if they wanted to come home with a good result. The coach pulled into Verl stadion at 13:00, ready for the game at 15:30, they got all the gear off the coach and then went to eat lunch in the dining area the home club had provided for them. On the menu was pasta and chicken, and before the match they would have a bar of chocolate to get their energy levels up. Once they had finished their dinner and had a bit of banter, they went to the changing rooms where Jurgen announced his starting eleven for the game...

Weindenfeller, Owomoyela, Schmelzer, Subotic, Hummels, Kelh (c), Sahin, Krosskreutz, Gotze, Blaszczykowski, Barrios.

The team were raring to go and were looking forward to playng under Germany legend Jurgen Klinsmann, who also had a good managerial record for Germany and Bayern Munchen. Kick off was getting closer, the stadium was full, and Borussia fans were allocated 1,000 tickets, and they had taken the stand, making a lot of noise, and the home fans were just as loud, the biggest team they have ever played are playing on their home turf, they weren't bothered if they lost, it was a great day for the club and will go down in history. The players came out of the tunnel and lined up, while the German national anthem is always played before cup matches, this was no different...

Dortmund started the game very well, keeping the ball very well, short passes into feet around the midfield, and then Barrios was just a lone man up front, making space for himself ready for the ball to be threaded through to him, which is exactly what happened on the 30th minute, Dortmund had scored a vital goal, a nicely finished shot into the bottom corner by Lucas Barrios, even though the away team had scored, the home fans were still very noisy and made themselves heard. Six minutes later, Borussia Dortmund found themsleves 2-0 up, Nevan Subotic headed in a Mario Gotze corner, who was having an outstanding game in the attacking midfield position, already getting both assists, surely there wasn't going to be a comeback from Verl now? Just before half time, Verl found themselves 3-0 down, thanks to an own goal by Meyer, scoring on the 42nd minute, everyone in the ground now knew that the game was over, and there was banter starting between the two sets of supporters, but luckily no violence, it was all friendly. Dortmund found themselves going into half time 3-0 up, but Jurgen still wanted them to keep their heads. "The game isn't over yet, a game lasts 90 minutes not 45, if we can score three goals in one half then so can they. I want you to go back out there and give me everything you got, we can all celebrate should we get through to the next round" The teams came back out for the second half, Dortmund brought on Robert Lewandowski and Shinji Kagawa to rest some of the players legs ready for the qualifying stages of the Europa League. It was some sort of a collecters item for Sebastian Kehl on the 59th minute, he scored from the 25 metre mark, something which he doesn't do very often. Dortmund then started playing their football, Verl coudln't get the ball off them, and before they knew it, the game was over and Dortmund go through as the winners as they won 4-0...

verlvdortmundsplitview.png

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

THURSDAY 19TH AUGUST

Dortmund's next game was at home in the Europa League qualifying against Greek side Aris, who have been an excellent team of late, taking the Greek league by Storm. They were formed in 1914 and their star player is their captiain Koke, a 27 year old Brazillian, who is becoming a known figure in the Greek leagues. Dortmund stayed the night in their club hotel, just five mile away from Signal Iduna, the home of Borussia Dortmund. The players would relax there, play a bit of table tennis, watch TV, go swimming, and just be prepared for the tough fixture at home to Aris. The day of the game Kagawa was struck down with the flu, and so he got sent home, and was told to rest and come back to training in a couple of days. The atompshere in the hotel like before is very relaxed, players laughing and joking, and the manager even seemed in a happy mood.

The stadion started filling up very fast, it was the first home game of the competitive season, and everyone wanted ot start off with a win. There was a huge banner for the previous manager of the club, Jurgen Klopp, saying "
Vielen Dank für alles, was Sie getan haben" which in English translates to Thank you for everything you have done. Flares were starting to be let off, flags were all around the stadion, the atmosphere was something very extrodinary, one of the best in Germany. The players from both teams lined up in the tunnel, just thinkig about their own game and what they had to do to win it, the team is the same as what started against Germany minnows Verl...

Weindenfeller, Owomoyela, Schmelzer, Subotic, Hummels, Kelh (c), Sahin, Krosskreutz, Gotze, Blaszczykowski, Barrios.

The game kicked off, the atmosphere was electric, the game got off to a good start for the home team, with Lucas Barrios shooting just wide of the goal after 32 seconds, the fans were hoping that this is of things to come at the club, very disciplined at the back and good going forward. However it was Aris who got the first goal, a mistake from a corner by the experienced Roman Weidenfeller let Guiaro head into what was an open net. In what was a tense first half, the away team went into the second half 1-0 up., the away team would be the happier side, just clinging on, Dortmund were running the game but they couldn't find the back of the net. Klinsmann was very pleased with the first half performance and just wanted more of the same, and it wasn't long before Dortmund equalised to make it 1-1, one minute into the second half and Mario Gotze had scored a screamer from 25 yards, it came from an error from the away side, and they paid the price. Just six minutes later, Barrios had put through Gotze again, and he got his second of the game, he just looks un playable today said the commentator, he was confident enough to pick up the ball and dribble past players, and was also composed infront of goal and when other players were around him. The game finished 2-1 and it was a good result for Dortmund.

dortmundvarissplitview.png

"I am pleased with the performance, however we still have it all to do, the second leg we are going to need an away goal to make sure we progress through to the next round, but the way we have been playing, unbeated all season including friendlies, I am feel very confident"

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

SUNDAY 22ND AUGUST 2010

With Bayern Munchen and Schalke 04 both playing on the Saturday, and both losing, Borussia Dortmund knew that the match at 17:30 was a chance to take an early lead in the league over rivals Muchen and Schalke, and it was away to Mainz where the team travelled, they travelled the Saturday night and stayed in a hotel overnight, the usual things took place. The players were up at 8:00am the next day, having breakfast as a team, where the players could pick either cereal or toast, and also a glass of fresh orange was served in the hotel restaurant, they then went out for a gentle jog to get there muscles going and then before the match they had pasta and chicken again.

Mainz was a tough place to go, they make nothing easy, and everyone at the club knew that it was going to be a tough game. Mainz have a tight and organised formation and are tough to break down, their striker Schurlle is the dangerman, as is Polanski, they can both finish and creating an attack out of nothing, and Kehl was going to have to watch Polanski closely. Jurgen announced the line up, with only 1 change, and that was Kagawa coming in for the younsgter Gotze who has been in good form, but is rather tired after playing a lot of football of late.

Weindenfeller, Owomoyela, Schmelzer, Subotic, Hummels, Kehl (c), Sahin, Krosskreutz, Kagawa, Blaszczykowski, Barrios.

Kehl got the team fired up as the bell rang for both sets up players to line up in the tunnel, it was the first game of the season, and the Mainz fans were making a lot of noise, it really is one of them evenings that you feel is going to be spectacular, both teams are going to go for it and no one wants to lose, this really is going to be the match of the weekend, and with it been the first game of the season it really is a game to show the teams intentions for the season ahead...

With the first 5 minutes been a close game, both teams had the same amount of possession, it was Dortmund who took the lead after six minutes, on form striker Lucas Barrios scored a goal, rounding the keeper from a Blaszczykowski cross and putting the ball into the empty net, in German football though, the home crowd kept spurring the team on, they knew that it was an early goal but there was a lot of time left for the to equalise. But it wasn't long before Borussia Dortmund got their second of the game, and it came from
Blaszczykowski after a mazy run down the right, going past three defenders he found himself one on one with the goal keeper, and he just slotted the ball nicely in the corner, infront of the travelling support, he really is another talent at the age of 23, and he is comfortable on the ball. The second half ended and Mainz found themselves 2-0 down with it all to do. They had made some half time subs, as did Dortmund, bringing on Feulner, who replaced Kagawa who had picked up a knock in the first half, but nothing too serious. Mainz were again having possesion of the ball, but a number of saves from Roman Weidenfeller has kept Borussia Dortmund in the game so far, before Barrios again found himself through on goal after a throuh ball from Kehl found himself one on one, and he just looks like he isn't going to miss an easy opportuninty to score, and he put Dortmund 3-0 up and that was game over. After the match the police wouldn't let Dortmund fans leave the stadium until Mainz fans had left, to prevent any conflict, so the fans showed their support to the team who were now sitting on top of the table.

mainzvdortmundsplitview.png

"Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, yes we are sitting top of the table, but we have only played one game and have still got the big boys to play, the season doesn't finish until next year so we will have to see out situtaion then. I am pleased with the result, and Barrios did deserve the man of the match, and I just hope I can keep hold of him for a long time to come."

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

THURSDAY 26th AUGUST

It was the night of the return leg against Greek side Aris, and Dortmund were 2-1 up on aggregate however Aris had that vital away goal, and if they were to win 1-0 it was put Borussia Dortmund out of Europe for the season, and that is something the travelling fans do not want to see.

It was the home side Aris who had more possesion, you could tell they were the home game, they were the better team for the full 90 minutes of the game. The game went into half time with no one scoring, 0-0. Jurgen Klinsmann knew that something had to be changed, he couldn't risk going 1-0 down and and potentially Dortmund out of the qualifying for Europa League, although he kept the team as the 1st leg the same, he started the second half more attacking, rather than looking to control the game which they weren't doing, he wanted to get the ball forward and look for that away goal, which would take them through, and Aris would then need to score 3 goals to cancel out the away goal, and just one minute into the second half, Subotic got his second of the season, with a powerful header from inside the box, and that put the German team ahead on aggregate 3-1. Their was a debutant in the Dortmund squad, which was Lukasz Piszczek, who came in for Blaszczykowski who Jurgen Klinsmann had left out of the squad, due to the next game in a couple of days against Vfb Stuttgart, which was another tough game in the league. On the 77th minute Aris were handed a lifeline, after they got a goal back, and it was going to be a nervous last 15 minutes for the away side, with the home fans urging the team to get the ball forward. However the game finished 1-1 and 3-2 on aggregate which puts Borussia Dortmund through to the group stages of the Europa League.

"In what was a tough game, I am pleased we came here and got the result we needed to progress to the next stage, we always knew that this was going to be a tough game, and even though we didn't have a lot of the ball, when we did, we made use of it, and I would just like to say thanks to the fans for travelling out here on what is a cold windy night."

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

HAND OFF LUCAS BARRIOS

It is understood that in the papers and on many football forums today, that Real Madrid are in for Borussia Dortmund star striker Lucas Barrios. Since Barrios moved to Dortmund a season a go, he has found himself a fan favourite at the club, and with the start to the season he is currently having, 3 goals in 3 games, Real Madrid have declared their interest in the player. However with only three days of the transfer window left, will it be possible to get a deal done in time. Real Madrid are known for their ability in the transfer market, getting any player they want, however it is understood that Jurgen Klinsmann will do everything he can within reason, to keep the striker at the club. He came out with this statement.

I got a call this morning from Real Madrid, asking them how much they were wanting for Lucas Barrios, they said "Name your price, anything you want" I told them where to stick it, Lucas is one of our main players at this club, and in order for the club to progress forward, we need to keep him at the club. We are not a selling club, and he doesn't want to leave the club and myself and the fans love him, so why should he leave? I suggest you look for someone else because Lucas won't be joining you.

lucasbarriosq.jpg

Transfer Window Round-up

The European transfer window has now slammed shut, no more clubs can sign players until the transfer window re-opens in January. As expected it was Bayern Munchen who spent the most money in the Transfer Window, spending around 21million euro, and were one of the biggest spenders in Europe. Bayern Munchen spent 8 million euro alone on Wolfsburg player Thomas Khalenburg, also spending 6 million euro on Dejagah, who is a young and upcoming talent, and it tipped for big things. in the future. Bayern also bought Lille right back Frank Beria for a fee of 5 million, which is seen as one of the better buys. One of the shocks of the transfer window would be the signing of Piotr Trochowski who signed for Stuttgart from HSV for a nominal fee of 3 million, which is an excellent buy for the German team, and the Hamburg fans will feel that this is a big loss to the team. New manager Jurgen Klinsmann only made one signing which was Dinamo Zagreb young right back Sime Vrsaljko which was on loan, however the move could be made permanant if Mr Klinsmann is impressed in training, as when he took over he stated that he would look to be building for the future, and he would certinaly be a big capture for the new manager at Dortmund.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

The team faced their 1st test of the season, a home game against German team Stuttgart. Pre match betting had showed that Stuttgart were the favourites to win, even though they were going to be playing away from home. It was a nervy feeling in the Signal Iduna Stadion, as it was the first home game, and with tough opposition. However the home crowd still had the passion, with flags and flares during the game. It was an unchanged line up to the one that played away to Mainz.

Weindenfeller, Owomoyela, Schmelzer, Subotic, Hummels, Kehl ©, Sahin, Krosskreutz, Kagawa, Blaszczykowski, Barrios.

And it was Dortmund who got off to the better start, however Stuggart were trying to bully them off the pitch, recieving a yellow card on 16th, 17th and 19th minute, and giving away a penalty on the 20th minute, Nuri Sahin stepped up to take it, however he blasted wide off the goal. But it wasn't long before Dortmund were through on goal, with Kevin Grosskreutz getting on the end of a cross, and tapping the ball into an empty net. It was then Dortmund who found themselves two up just after the break, with Lucas Barrios keeping up his goalscoring form, scoring from 30 yards out, surely a contender for goal of the month.With changes then made, as it was another tough game up next away to HSV, it was Borussia who scored again in injury time, Felipe Santana getting on the end of a Nuri Sahin free kick and the home crowd were estacic with the performance, and still sitting on top of the table with a 3-0 win.

Brilliant start mate. If you don't mind my advice, try to give lewandowski and bender some game time, they have really improved on my game and are my key players along with grosskreutz. Keep it going!

Yeah im also doing a dortmund game currently 3rd in league, in cup final, but lost in europa 1st knockout round against sporting. Am thoroughly enjoying playing as dortmund with all the graphics maxed out lol. Excellent start mate, will keep following this.

Merry Christmas mate.
This is fantastic.
Can you give me your tactic?
Thanks in advance.