I didn't know how to man mark opposing players there.

like make Reus man mark Lahm wasn't sure how to do it lol.

So i just leave it up to to the staff member with the highest tactical knowledge.

ok kool.. well i'm off 2 bed now but i'll have play about with your tactic 2mora with all the info youve gave me to implement and i'll see how it plays out.. will let u know.. catch ya l8r bud..

Hey zerro i will try your borussia dortmund tactic im interested too but i understand a lot about tactic im fm

They beat Bayern 4-2 recently all of their gals were due to pressing and counter attacking

Hey Zero0o,

i've been busy lately with work & **** but i've tested your tactic over 2 games & i was quite impressed with counter pressing.. :)

but i'm gonna give the tactic more games before i can give any more feedback..

but so far lookin good! ;)

keep me posted of any changes u make or any info that i dont already have..

catch ya later m8..

Here are the tactics have had some great success, beat Bayern away 4-0 :)

Any critic is welcomed.

****, I forgot to edit something in the away tactic. Make Gotze the playmaker and make focus passing down the left flank :)
Have you test the tactic on a full season are only a few games?
Can you post SS of the formation.

Last edited:
How is the tactic?

Lobby ill post it tomorrow.

J02 have you tried it again?

hey man.. Im currently in a save with dortmund with a similar tactic so i just plugged ur tactic to test it in a christmas friendly with velez. Everything was fluid (formation, creative freedom, etc) View attachment 376269 View attachment 376268

nice tactic! too many wasted opportunities (ccc=6 ). I noticed that u suggest to use shouts, but in the tactic u had ticked the bars. If the bars are ticked and customised, the shouts dont work.

Last edited:
IMO, it'll llook like this:

4-2-3-1 and 4-2-1-2-1.

4-2-3-1 would be from right to left

WBA LD D BP D FB S
----DM S DLP S-----
----------------------
IF A----AP A-----W A
-------DLFA A-----

You'd want direct passing and expressive freedom, press more, zonal marking and the rest default. This would be the home tactic.

For the away tactic, I think it would resemble more like

WBS LD D LD D FB D
-----DM D---DLP D---
---------AP S--------
IF A-------------W A
---------DLF S-------

Direct passing, expressive but stand off and man mark. Make sure all your players but your IF A are tight marking.

Mainly based on watching them. If you played as Dortmund itself, then Gundogan should be AP S & Sahin DLP D. You should buy a back-up too. You could also tinker with making the IF and Winger support play if you are getting a bit breached, but there are still 7 men defending when you aren't on the ball.

hey man.. Im currently in a save with dortmund with a similar tactic so i just plugged ur tactic to test it in a christmas friendly with velez. Everything was fluid (formation, creative freedom, etc) View attachment 376269 View attachment 376268

nice tactic! too many wasted opportunities (ccc=6 ). I noticed that u suggest to use shouts, but in the tactic u had ticked the bars. If the bars are ticked and customised, the shouts dont work.

Oh didnt know that, thanks !

The home tactic is fine, but the away horrible. I also noticed that every team i played against that is using 4-2-3-1 won with 2 or 3 goals. every other system was beaten, some times easily.
here is the tweaked tactic i made which is based n yours.
View attachment 376813

Weird..

I personally thought the away tactic was better than the home tactic.

Is the tactic you posted the home or away?

Will have another look at my tactic and tweak it and then post it.