Boss Bruce bemoans Bent reliance

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K
Just because Ronaldo went for £80 mil, that seems to mean that every other transfer below £10 mil seems worthless then.

Well you're an ******* for disregarding my post.
prices have changed, 10 years ago you could get a proven good player for 5mil now you would have to pay 15mil a similar player. He disregarded you post because it didnt take into account changes in prices over the years

Just because Ronaldo went for £80 mil, that seems to mean that every other transfer below £10 mil seems worthless then.

Billy is a very nice young man and just because he takes it is in his ******* that does not make him one.

No that was not his point. you are comparing a transfer from 1999 to 2010 so that is wrong due to the increase of money in football.
Think of simple history. Like 150 years ago 5 pound was lots of money while today it will get you a happy meal or something. Inflation means comparing prices is impossible.

Also hindsight is great. Henry was **** at Juventus before joining arsenal and Wenger made him play well. People probably questioned his decision to buy Henry at the time. If Gyan goes on to break all goalscoring records will that 12 million be well spent? He may flop but you never know

Oh hiya infraction!!

We need someone like n'zogbia, a winger that can get the odd goal here and there. And also, Bruce has been scouting Gyan for a couple of years, well before the world cup.

I might get flamed for this, but I don't think that Gyan will prove to be worth his £12 million price tag. He's young and will learn, but he won't be worth the money, especially when you think that Thierry Henry was signed for £10 million, and he's nowhere near as good.
Welbeck I'm not a huge fan of either; well, not yet anyway. In a few years we'll see where he is and how well he's doing.

So for me, that just leaves Bent as the only decent striker in the squad.

you can make any signing seem like a rip off if you compare it to thierry henry :S i see your point though

and yes there is an over reliance on Bent (:wub:) at the moment. Gyan is a decent player but at the moment Bruce seems reluctant to use him alongside Bent.

Back