DonVilla

Reaction score
I need advice on which role to partner a box-to-box mid? I am playing a formation with 2 CM's, should the other CM be attacking or defensive? Or would 2 box-to-box mifdielders work well together (doubt it though)?

I am going to start a save with West Ham, haven't really looked at their players yet tho. But I want to play with 4 at the back, 2 CM's, 2 attacking wingers, and a target man / poacher partnership up front.

As your BBM might well be deep into opposition territory when attacking, you could run the risk of being caught on the break if you lose possession. The opposite scenario is that he is too far back when you are defending, and hence he needs somebody ahead of him to instigate an attack.

Hence it would be a good idea to have his midfield partner set to a "support" duty, whether he be a playmaking midfielder or otherwise. His role depends on your playing style and also your formation. Are you using a DM or AM, attacking or defensive strategy?

Sorry, just read your last post. Would suggest a DLP(S) or AM(S) depending on your system- if playing defensively or on the counter go with a DLP, or use the AM if playing a more attacking, control-based system.

If you are using à 424, I would probably not use à BBM at all but instead two more cautious MCs. One Deeplying playmaker on support and one ballwinner or central mid on defend. If not, you are risking too much defensivly

Thanks for the advice guys, as I am going to focus my attacks out wide, I think I will instead try a DLP and BWM as advised.