Bife

Reaction score
BRAGA'S ARENA

image.png

INFO
I've been having great success with this tactic which has been created and tweaked by me during 4 in game seasons while managing S.C.Braga and so I've decided to share it with you all. I've been undefeated in my last 150 matches and won the sextuple last season. Try it out and share your results, I would have loved to test it on bigger clubs or stronger leagues such as the English premier league but unfortunately I don't have the time to do so.
Try it out and tell me what you think.

Notes
1. This is not a game breaking tactic, not even close.
2. Keep in mind that the Portuguese premier league, in which I created and tested this tactic, is not by a long shot what you may consider a "strong league" so don't expect to pick up say Brighton and win the premier league first season, it worked for me however it may not work for everyone.

OI

You can leave it to the *** man but I encourage you the tweak it some times in tough matches, what I usually do is:

-Always/Hard "Closing Down", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to Wingers
-Always/Hard "Tight Marking", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to AMCs
-Always/Hard "Tight Marking", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to MC/DMs who have good passing attributes
-Always/Hard "Tight Marking", "Closing Down", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to decent strikers

+Note: Be very careful when using "Tight Marking" on fast players since if you don't have fast defenders they'll simply outpace them and be left in a prime position to score (ex: happen to me vs Arsenal as my defenders simply couldn't keep up with Aubameyang who would just run through my center backs without opposition).

OVERALL INSTRUCTIONS

MARQ.png

TRAINING AND MATCH PREP

PRE SEASON

train2.png

DURING SEASON

train.png

INDIVIDUAL TRAINING

Set players training focus to the roles they play in the tactic ex. Striker= Complete Forward.

SET PIECES
Wingers take corners.

ROLES
1. For the IWB role you can retrain DMs for the role provided they have decent pace, with proper retraining a DM with good passing, tackling, marking and pace can become a good IWB. I did it with Weston McKennie and he has been fantastic so far.
2. If you have strikers who aren't very good in the CF role you can use a DLF instead.

DURING MATCH

-Against weaker teams use "Concentrate" if against stronger teams use "Encourage";
-If you have many shots but no goals use "Get creative";
-If winning by 2 or less in the last 20/30 min in tough matches use " Tighten Up":
-If you have difficulty scoring change mentality to "Attack" or to "Overload" if you really need the win.
-If you have many shots and are still struggling to score or losing change mentality to attack don't wait until the end of the match;
-If a player gets a yellow card change said players PI Tackling to "Ease off tackles";

tyff.png
trof.png

1th Season
(Got lucky in in Euro cup final)
epoca1.png

2nd Season

(Had a lot of youngsters and got completely destroyed in Champions league)
epoca2.png

3th Season
epoca3.png

4th Season
epoca4.png

Last edited:
Impressive results, gonna give it a try. Has the performance changed since 18.3.3 or still as good?

Impressive results, quick question, did you start all the matches with the same tactic mentality? Or did you manage big games differently? Also how about away games in CL and Euro?

tryed the tacktic, but it wasnt good for my team, Im Alfreton, first season in PL.

Impressive results, gonna give it a try. Has the performance changed since 18.3.3 or still as good?

No performance changes so far.

Impressive results, quick question, did you start all the matches with the same tactic mentality? Or did you manage big games differently? Also how about away games in CL and Euro?

I always start with control and usually change to attack if my team doesn't scores until the 60~ minute mark. However if you manage a average team with not so great players against way stronger sides and if you are struggling to create chances and shots try disabling "Pass Into Space" since strong teams with great defenders will not give much space and when they do your players may not have the capacity/skills to take advantage of it.

tryed the tacktic, but it wasnt good for my team, Im Alfreton, first season in PL.

Sorry it didn't worked out for you, thanks for giving it a shot thou.

Any player stats ?

CD needs to be fast and have decent anticipation

IWBs should have good pass, tackling, marking, decent speed and long shots.

CM needs to be a well rounded player since if you change the mentality during games his role will change, you dont need a player with 20 passing or something like that rather try to play someone who can pass, defend and can jump and has some pace, a good example would be Braga's Vukcevic, try getting someone like him or better.

AP just search for the stats a normal AP needs.

W same as AP.

CF you also need a somewhat well rounded player for this one, try finding a forward who can also play in the wings since most players who do have reasonably crossing a pace. Also off the ball is important.

Note: You'll benefit greatly by having midfielders an IWB with good long shots, its not a must have but really helps.

I mean any stats from your players ? Scored goals / assist etc...

Have you tried with other teams in other leagues? A good example would be Lazio or Leicester, I tried it with Koln but **** I got hammered, sitting at 12th in the league december

Having a great start with this as Spurs, one of the best I have had with any tactic on FM18 to be fair.

Hope it continues as love the realistic formation!

Will put up some images tonight....

I mean any stats from your players ? Scored goals / assist etc...

stats.png

Have you tried with other teams in other leagues? A good example would be Lazio or Leicester, I tried it with Koln but **** I got hammered, sitting at 12th in the league december

No I did not, I would have love to but I just don't have the time to start a new one. I've dropped this one due to college, I don't even have fm installed on my laptop anymore to avoid distractions x).
Sorry it didn't worked out I thought I was onto something here but it appears I was wrong.

Last edited:
Having a great start with this as Spurs, one of the best I have had with any tactic on FM18 to be fair.

Hope it continues as love the realistic formation!

Will put up some images tonight....

Really glad to see it working out!

Last edited:
Excelente

Excelente!
Tem funcionado muito bem com o meu Sporting clube de Portugal.
Bom trabalho!

Got some free time tonight and decided to test it out with Leicester, played half season, I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

Results

epoca1leic.png

Table

table.png

Transfers

transf_leic.png

Last edited:
So finally got some free time to finish the season and what a season it was, managed to win the Prem but could have easily finish 2nd or 3rd, City draw 4 of their last 5 matches.
Most of the goals conceded in the first half ofn the season were due to my defenders being young new to the team and under-performing, specially on the left side with Chillwell and Toure leaking idiotic goals from time to time plus Nastasic started the season almost 2 moths injured.
Bought Emerson and Martinez in the winter transf market giving me more squad depth, also players started to get more consistent and results started to improve pretty fast, Chilwell, Nastasic and Berardi became a lot more consistent.
Went 28 games undefeated on all competitions only losing in the FA cup semi finals to Watford reason being Mallo was suspended and Emerson injured and had to play Chilwell and Toure which ended up a disaster, playing too many youngsters at the same time specially defenders often does, with Chilwell even scoring a own goal and both ending the game with an average of 6.4 and 6.2.

Vardy enjoyed a sensational season and was a perfect fit for this tactic which benefited greatly from his speed.

Tweaks

-Added "Work ball into box"
-If you have a MC/APs with very good passing skills change their PI to "More direct passing"

Notes

-If you have many shots and are still struggling to score or losing change mentality to attack don't wait until the end of the match;
-If a player gets a yellow card change said players PI Tackling to "Ease off tackles";

OI

You can leave it to the *** man but I encourage you the tweak it some times in tough matches, what I usually do is:

-Always/Hard "Closing Down", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to Wingers
-Always/Hard "Tight Marking", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to AMCs
-Always/Hard "Tight Marking", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to MC/DMs who have good passing attributes
-Always/Hard "Tight Marking", "Closing Down", "Tackling" and "Show to Weaker Foot" to decent strikers

+Note: Be very careful when using "Tight Marking" on fast players since if you don't have fast defenders they'll simply outpace them and be left in a prime position to score (ex: happen to me vs Arsenal as my defenders simply couldn't keep up with Aubameyang who would just run through my center backs without opposition).

Red line in transfers marks winter transfers and in schedule the games where I added "Work ball into box" to the tactic.

Competitions

comps.png

League

liga.png

Calendar

calendario.png

Team Stats

team.png

Transfers

transf.png

Last edited: