Brand new FM installed - reboot or new challenge?

Should I reboot FM13 story or start a brand new one in England?

• Total voters

KevinHann

Reaction score
Hello again, folks!

After some rough time with the supplier I finally got my FM14 copy - ready and raring to go!

While I'm investigating all the new features you could help me make up my mind on what story to engage this time - I'm itching for a reboot of the FM13 story but would always consider a fresh challenge if you have better suggestions!

For those who aren't familiar:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...st-threaten-sir-alex-fergusons-dominance.html

If you have different suggestions or would like to see the same template improved or have a preferred angle - let me know!

I didn't see your last story before this thread, but from what I've read of it it looks brilliant! If you can do something with the same layout, no matter what it's about, it'd be fantastic! Good luck and be sure to post a link to your new story on this thread.

I didn't see your last story before this thread, but from what I've read of it it looks brilliant! If you can do something with the same layout, no matter what it's about, it'd be fantastic! Good luck and be sure to post a link to your new story on this thread.

Thank you!
I am considering something similar in terms of layout, maybe some tweaks here and there, the main thing is to be able to keep it run smoothly while I also enjoy the game (I had 20-or so seasons of experience when I started the Blasphemy);

You folks could help with some things though:
- Could you identify a list of 8 top Premier League clubs most likely to get involved in fight for European qualification through the league? Including Newcastle in the list is advisable as I will probably manage them;
- Could you allocate to each of these clubs 1 real life celebrity fan with a twitter account and 1 former great with a column in a local newspaper (please include the twitter and the newspaper, see the Blasphemy story if you need to know how it works);
- If there is anything else you'd like to see in terms of layout/articles/banter etc feel free to share it!

as much as i loved reading your old story (i didnt register, so i didnt comment - god knows why not!!) why not try a fallen team save? eg: Charlton, middlesborough, portsmouth, coventry, bradford etc etc

as much as i loved reading your old story (i didnt register, so i didnt comment - god knows why not!!) why not try a fallen team save? eg: Charlton, middlesborough, portsmouth, coventry, bradford etc etc

I've loved these challenges in earlier games of the series but the sad truth is my machine can't handle more than just a Premiership database and I can't afford an upgrade right now :( Hope that doesn't mean I'll lose you as a reader though!

Could try to make a journeyman career?
thats always very interesting :)
if you can manage to win the malaysian premiership with the most crappy team there is i will take my hatt off!

Could try to make a journeyman career?
thats always very interesting :)
if you can manage to win the malaysian premiership with the most crappy team there is i will take my hatt off!

That would be an entirely different concept and to be honest my affiliations are with English football, I'd be lost in Italy or Spain - let alone Malaysia! Can't imagine the amount of research I'd need to conduct for a single article there :)

What about West brom or Norwich, a safe premier league team but never going down or never winning the league, be good to see how the club develops as they have a small ground etc... see if you can turn them into world beaters and get a stadium named after you? :)

Really loved the blasphemy story... and i just noticed you started it the week after Sir Alex retired!

The format and articles are amazing, KUTGW!

I hope this helps..
Man utd
Twitter - Usain Bolt (@usainbolt)
News - Gary Neville

Arsenal
Twitter - Piers morgan (@piersmorgan)
News - Martin Keown

Chelsea
Twitter - Boris Becker (@TheBorisBecker)
News - Ruud Gullit/ Claude Makelele

Man City
Twitter - Noel Gallagher (@NoelGallagher)
News - Niall Quinn (couldn't think of anyone else)

Liverpool
Twitter - Daniel Craig...don't think he has an official twitter account
News - Jamie Carragher/Michael Owen

Newcastle (or you could just take a U-turn and manage Sunderland....)
Twitter - Tony Blair, maybe?
News - Alan Shearer

Tottenham
Twitter - ????
News - Teddy Sheringham

Everton
Twitter - Stallone
News - Phil Neville (if not, Neville Southall)

Really loved the blasphemy story... and i just noticed you started it the week after Sir Alex retired!

The format and articles are amazing, KUTGW!

I hope this helps..
Man utd
Twitter - Usain Bolt (@usainbolt)
News - Gary Neville

Arsenal
Twitter - Piers morgan (@piersmorgan)
News - Martin Keown

Chelsea
Twitter - Boris Becker (@TheBorisBecker)
News - Ruud Gullit/ Claude Makelele

Man City
Twitter - Noel Gallagher (@NoelGallagher)
News - Niall Quinn (couldn't think of anyone else)

Liverpool
Twitter - Daniel Craig...don't think he has an official twitter account
News - Jamie Carragher/Michael Owen

Newcastle (or you could just take a U-turn and manage Sunderland....)
Twitter - Tony Blair, maybe?
News - Alan Shearer

Tottenham
Twitter - ????
News - Teddy Sheringham

Everton
Twitter - Stallone
News - Phil Neville (if not, Neville Southall)
For Liverpool, there's Stan Collymore and for Spurs, there's Lord Sugar or Gary Lineker.

Thanks! I am still considering if 8 teams will be too many to run the story smoothly, also considering Southampton. Hopefully the twitter banter won't flood it too much.

That's if I can figure how to get my tactics going :(

Any suggestions about Southampton media? Any Saints fans around?

I've loved these challenges in earlier games of the series but the sad truth is my machine can't handle more than just a Premiership database and I can't afford an upgrade right now :( Hope that doesn't mean I'll lose you as a reader though!

no way!!! i loved your last story, its just a shame you cant handle more than prem :( - dont remind me about money issues lol!!!

ah well, in that case... i vote a cardiff, southampton or sunderland save!!

Since the voting convinced me there is still sufficient interest in another Blasphemy story, I will be doing just that. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint you!

The story has already started. You can find it and subscribe here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...itle-after-sir-alex-fergusons-retirement.html