ILM16

Reaction score
I've been at Udinese for 4 seasons now and the board have agreed to a new stadium after several championships and two Champions League wins.

My old stadium held 29,000 people and was sold out 99% of the time.

Originally I asked for an expansion but they declined and so I asked for a new stadium (in the same boardroom conversation) and they agreed.

They told me it'll cost £100m and 2 years to build, so I thought it'll be great, then I carried on reading to see the new stadium's capacity will be ~43,000.

£100m, 2 years and a 14,000 increase? oO)

I'm guessing (and hoping) it'll be easy to expand in the future...

It will be expandable. The main reason is because you didnt own your old stadium.(all stadiums in italy are rented with the exception of Juve).
Sure the time and cost will be high but you will prob get a stadium sponsor aswell to offset the cost. With 43k i imagine it can be expanded to maybe 55k. At that point youll have to look for another new stadium. But the next one will be considerably cheaper as you will be selling your current gound which will raise funds.

By and large attendances in italy are slow to rise so you mayt not even fill out your 43k seater.

Thanks Steve, didn't know stuff like that.

Yep as Steve said. With my Perugia side I am negotiating to buy Renato Curci now, because I have a full capacity stadium almost every match since I am in Seria A.