CCFCFAN

Reaction score
“Rome wasn’t built in a day. But I wasn’t on that particular project”-Brian Clough

As I walked off the plane into the sun of the German summer I clutched my ticket close to my chest. Albeit a friendly, I was not going to miss the chance to watch my favourite German team (Braunshweiger TSV Eintracht) in action. When people are asked who their favourite German side are the answers are predictable Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund perhaps Bayer Leverkusen but not me. I’d always been different (not that way!) Supporting non-league clubs from England and foreign second division teams.

I checked into the hotel, what a dump it was, and unpacked by chucking everything on my bed. It was midday and the match was at 3:00 p.m a bit of time to explore Braunshweiger before the match at Eintracht-Stadion.

800px-Stadion_an_der_Hamburger_Straße.jpg

I arrived at the stadium and was sat in my seat by 2:55 and as the teams came out I was joined by a rather portly man in a suit. Not many people were there but I quickly saw many people pointing he must be important, I thought, as the game began I began shouting as if on autopilot.
“Pass it you idiot! Can’t you see the space!” I was shouting in German (my family were once German). They were against some Belgian non-league side and comfortably won 3-0. The manager in the dugout just couldn’t look bothered leaning against the wall watching miserably. As the announcer thanked us for coming all 1,520 of us the man walked over to me.

“Hello” he said in a heavy German accent
“Hello” I replied taken a back
“I noticed you shouting at our boys are you interested in a job here?” The man asked
“No I’m here on holiday” I told him
“Would you like a job here?” He asked
“Of course, as a coach or something?” I asked
“As manager” he said
“Well if you could tell the chairman” I said jokingly
“I am the chairman” he said quickly
“Okaaaaaay” I said
“Mr. Ebel! Mr. Ebel!” A man shouted
“Yes?” He asked
“It’s Torsten. He’s resigned!” The man shouted
“Well then, please meet our new manager Mr.?” Ebel asked
“Hawkins. Matthew Hawkins.” I replied
“Soren meet the new manager of our beloved club Mr. Matthew Hawkins”

Dear Diary,
The rest of the day was a blur I remember signing a contract before making it back to the hotel room in a taxi funded by my new boss Mr. Ebel! I’m now a football manager and my next big day will be tomorrow where I will be subject of a press conference. In the Sky Sports News Studio! Not bad at all. It was announced I was manager in the evening paper and a picture of me was in the article. When I’d got back to the hotel I received congratulations from all sides. I’m very happy with this achievement! Hopefully I can drive the team forward.
100px-Btsv_eintracht.png

A BRIEF HISTORY

Founded in 1895, Braunshweiger TSV Eintracht are a professional German club currently playing in the Bundesligea.2. The club play their home games at Eintracht-Stadion and possess average training facilities and adequate youth facilities. The club also has average junior coaching and a basic youth recruitment network. The club are affectionately known as Die Lowen (The Northern Lions) and have a strong rivalry with VFL Wolfsburg and Hannover 96.

As a club which enjoyed its best success during the 1970s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2011, Die Lowen are a club with a growing history. Braunshweig won the Bundesliga for the only time in 1967, finished runners-up in the German second tier for the only time in 1981, won the German 3rd​ Division for the only time in 2011 and won the German 4th​ tier in 1974 and 2005, finishing runners-up 4 times.

sky-sports-news.jpg

As I walked into the Sky Sports News studio and sat down, my palms immediately sweaty.

JEFF STELLING-And we are joined by the youngest manager that I know of Matthew Hawkins! Who recently took over at Braunshweig in Germany. Welcome, Matthew.

ME-Thank you, Jeff as you said I took over recently only yesterday I was on holiday in Germany! Now it looks like I’m going to be getting one of those work permits.

JAMIE REDKNAPP-Matthew, how do you think you’ll handle the pressures of club management?

ME-Well I discussed with the board and they told me there was no pressure on me

JAMIE REDKNAPP-Where do you aim to be in May?

ME-15th​

JAMIE REDKNAPP-Any possible signings?

ME-I haven’t even got an office yet!

JEFF STELLING-That’s all we have time for, Matthew, thank you for coming.​

Not that bad, I thought to myself now time to meet the squad

Last edited: