I like Lewandowski but Dortmund always want crazy money for him, around 70-80M, and I always start every FM game with the Magpies (look at my forum name!). Is there a cheaper alternative for him?

Have a look at Ademilson. 18 years old, 4 or 5 star potential, £8.25m contract buyout clause. Perhaps not the "ideal" deep lying forward when you first get him, but young enough to be trained. DLF starts out as his 2nd or 3rd favoured position.

Playing as Real Madrid, I have 2 ready made DLF to start with (Benzema and Higuain), so I don't have much experience of buying a new striker for the role. Tell you what, I'll sell you Benzema for £50m. I'm sure Mike Ashley will be the first to put his hand in his pocket and stump up the cash if you ask him ;)

looking forward to trying this...as for youre skin and background pics can you provide links for them pls

The skin is just the "FM 2013 Dark" skin which comes pre-loaded with the game. FM > Preferences > Interface > Skin > Confirm.

For background stadium images, try this link FM12 Stadium Backgrounds
Don't let the "FM12" part put you off, they are just jpg files. Once downloaded and unzipped, place the file into
Documents/Sports Interactive/FM 2013/graphics/pictures/backgrounds (create the folder if it doesn't currently exist). Then go back to the game, hit FM > Preferences > Interface > "Allow Display of Custom Background Pictures" > Confirm

If you don't like the picture of the stadium for your team, just Google an image instead. BTW, that works for any image - so if you wanted, for example, a team logo, a picture of your favourite player, or Jenna Jameson in a West Ham top (I wish), merely swap out the existing stadium picture in the downloaded file to your new one.

cheers herne, just recently got back into fm (blame WOW) lol, i once did a background pack for every team in the game for fm2008 i think i used this site when bozza and spanish where the admins, would love to get my hands on all those pics again. lost all of them due to hard drive dying. anyway thanks for youre reply ill post how i get on.

I tried this tactic last night but I mirrored it again to facilitate Ben Arfa with NUFC. I could not get the squad to grasp this tactic, though. I had 5 friendly matches and even after my team is still 'awkward' to 'accomplished' on the tactic. Do some tactics really take longer to study than others? In my other save it took my team only a month to be fluid on a 4-4-2 tactic.

Anyways, I won my opening match at home against norwich but only by a goal from a lucky long shot.

I tried this tactic last night but I mirrored it again to facilitate Ben Arfa with NUFC. I could not get the squad to grasp this tactic, though. I had 5 friendly matches and even after my team is still 'awkward' to 'accomplished' on the tactic. Do some tactics really take longer to study than others? In my other save it took my team only a month to be fluid on a 4-4-2 tactic.

Anyways, I won my opening match at home against norwich but only by a goal from a lucky long shot.

It will take a while to bed in. Just about every individual position tactic has been changed - I think it took my Real Madrid team until late September to become fully fluid although their player skill did manage to cover up most tactical flaws during the interim, and I haven't tested this with any other team.

In the mean time, I'm working on version 2 of this tactic with the intention of preparing 3 variations - for home matches, away matches where I am strong favourite and away matches where I am small favourite or underdog. The philosophy behind it is prepared here and well worth a thorough read (although you will need to register on that forum for access). Sports Interactive Community

Early results are promising (eg., unbeaten pre-season and just beat Barcelona 2-0 at the Camp Nou, first leg Spanish Cup final) but again the tactics are going to take a long time to bed in, especially the "Mentality" part. I'll keep you posted.

Just thought I'd post a quick thank you, before using your tactic I couldn't find any consistency and was conceding a lot of goals (was scoring a few though). As soon as I seen it on the forum I thought hhhmm that would suit my Cardiff team, now I hardly ever conced a goal, I score way more goals than before too!!. Soooo THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

P.S as a side note, by looking at your tactic I've seen Lot of errors by myself on my other tactics I use in my other saves, I wasn't using mentalities correctly and passing settings etc. after a few adjustments my bilbo team finished 3rd. Soo DOUBLE THANK YOU!

First time poster just wanted to say I LOVE THIS TACTIC. Im using it with Dortmund suits my players very nicely getting great results. I look forward to trying out your next version.

unfortunately, my hazard doesn't his best as AML. i don't know why. Maybe that's becaue of my failure to motivate my teams. anyway it's interesting tactic and Jella Vossen who you can get only for 3m~4m plays very well as DLF