Brazilian goalkeeper charged with attempted murder.

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
[video=youtube;C0m07K6vLVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0m07K6vLVw[/video]

That's one crazy son of a *****, fully deserves his life long ban in my opinion. Very dangerous, very silly.. lucky he isn't facing a "murder charge" instead of an "attempted murder" one.

**** lol. i think he watched kung fu panda 2 before going into the match . :D

Attempted Murder is a bit excessive, but definitely should be charge with assault, ABH/GBH.. Banned for life too hopefully.

Attempted Murder is a bit excessive, but definitely should be charge with assault, ABH/GBH.. Banned for life too hopefully.

Well, it could have killed him, so he deserves the charge.

thats not attempted murder! its surely just assault, not that much worse than cantonas kung-fu kick!

thats not attempted murder! its surely just assault, not that much worse than cantonas kung-fu kick!

How isn't it? Eric's kick was face on with a bloke which in itself is very stupid and dangerous but this guys kick was too the back of the crainium/neck which is one of the most fragile places on the human body. It could have so easily snapped the guys neck in half... in my opinion, it's a lot different from Eric's.

Well, it could have killed him, so he deserves the charge.

Pretty sure Attempted Murder is when intending to kill someone. Pretty sure they can't prove he tried to kill him even if he did (which I doubt) so it should just be GBH/Assault, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

End of the day, he shouldn't kick people in the back of the head over football. It's just retarded.

Pretty sure Attempted Murder is when intending to kill someone. Pretty sure they can't prove he tried to kill him even if he did (which I doubt) so it should just be GBH/Assault, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

End of the day, he shouldn't kick people in the back of the head over football. It's just retarded.

Its GBH with intent

So not attempted murder right?

You can get life for either which is what matters, just pointlessly arguing over semantics, especially when it's most likely been translated to English. :)

You can get life for either which is what matters, just pointlessly arguing over semantics, especially when it's most likely been translated to English. :)

Think it came across wrong when reading it - wasn't arguing. Was a genuine question? Didn't realise you could get life for GBH with intent, but Attempted Murder sounds a lot worse and basically states that you tried to kill someone and failed. He didn't try and kill him, but could have which is assault/GBH/ABH..

Reading that article on Yahoo, it states the police officer in charge of the case wants to charge him with Attempted Murder, he hasn't been charged with anything yet. The goalkeeper has been sacked by the club, and he's apologised. The player who got kicked escaped any injury and has forgiven the guy..

He should be punished, but I think Attempted Murder makes this sound a lot worse.

was it in a match? if so someone give me a link to the vid?

Think it came across wrong when reading it - wasn't arguing. Was a genuine question? Didn't realise you could get life for GBH with intent, but Attempted Murder sounds a lot worse and basically states that you tried to kill someone and failed. He didn't try and kill him, but could have which is assault/GBH/ABH..

Reading that article on Yahoo, it states the police officer in charge of the case wants to charge him with Attempted Murder, he hasn't been charged with anything yet. The goalkeeper has been sacked by the club, and he's apologised. The player who got kicked escaped any injury and has forgiven the guy..

He should be punished, but I think Attempted Murder makes this sound a lot worse.

GBH with intent is the more serious version of GBH, when someone inflicts a serious attack in instance which could have lead to death but without the intent to kill. Think of it as "attempted manslaughter". he could have snapped that guys neck

I think Attempted Murder is when it's pre-meditated that you want to kill them. It does sound a lot worse, yeah. It's probably just the way its been translated, Brazilian law may not even differentiate as closely as our law does. He won't get life since he's young/first offender, but still deserves the charge. Not even like he was just going to hurt him, he kicks the neck which is obviously more dangerous.

Any clue for his motive? The kid who got kicked could have done something just as stupid before that we don't see, not that it's a justification.

The football boots are probably classed as a deadly weapon, similar to stiletto's etc.

He sure knows who to unsettle the opposition strikers.

No way he's getting a life sentence, that does not exist in Brazilian law. It was during an U-20 competition, and the player who was hit had a concussion or something similar. Anyway, son of a ***** will play no more. About being charged with attempted murder, I believe is because of the boots, if martial arts are weapons, football boots should also be.