Breakthrough Players 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 4K

Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
Here is a thread I am proposing for all you premiership fans to express who you believe are gonna put their mark on the league this forthcoming season. From obscure youngsters who are prominent within your club, to new signings who are going to set the league alight. I want to know here first!

Here's my recommended template: (but if your ideas don't fit the guide, feel free to put forth in your own layout)

Support:Everton
Youngsters breaking-through and estimated EPL apps: Seamus Coleman(watch out!) - 20, Jack Rodwell - 25
Prevalent signings:Magaye Gueye and Jermaine Beckford to share 15 goals between them.
Others: Bilayletdinov will make his mark in his 2nd season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't Rodwell already broken through? :S

Tottenham
Andros Townsend, Giovani Dos Santos, Adel Taarabt (hopefully), Danny Rose, Sandro

Supports Chelsea FC
Haven't seen much of Zhirkov last season, hopefully he'll make more appearances this season.
He'll make his mark sooner or later.

Young talent-wise, I would love to see Gael Kakuta more, looks like a very promising young player.

Fergie!!! Give Gibson a game!

Support:Mancheter United
Youngsters breaking-through and estimated EPL apps: Macheda- 20( will be a big player for us this season)
Prevalent signings:Chris Smalling and Javier Herdanez both to make a big impact
Others: Berbatov to finally show off his amazing ablity, Nani will finally be the winger his talent deserved

Gibson's free kick against the MLS Allstars could go down as one of the best freekicks i have seen in my life to be honest, he never lets us down and always produces on the day.
I would love Obertan to get some more game time as well as Kiko and Welbeck, love all three of them :D

Arsenal: Jack Wilshere should finally be given a chance. Emmanuel Frimpong looked good throughout pre-season

Youngsters breaking-through and estimated EPL apps: Macheda- 20( will be a big player for us this season)
Others: Berbatov to finally show off his amazing ablity, Nani will finally be the winger his talent deserved

i hope and agree with this and also think (if he isn't loaned out) Cleverly will break through

Support: Man Utd

Youngsters breaking-through and estimated EPL apps:

Gibson must grab the CM role with both hands with doubts over Hargreaves fitness, Andersons playboy lifestyle and Carricks form, along with Giggs and Scholes fading into the background. This is Gibsons season, it has to be. 25+ apps.

Macheda will be used as a super sub imo but should easily get 15+ apps.

Prevalent signings:

Chicarito excites me, i hope he can do what fergie hoped Owen would; ruffle a few feathers with his pace and provide consistent goals in the box.

Smalling will be a backup imo.

Others:

Johnny Evans will show his class, Rio will never be the player of old imo and we will be relying on Evans heavily. From what ive seen hes more than capable of becoming a United legend.

Rafael and Fabio will show the reason why Fergie chose to snap them up before they had made a senior appearance in Brazil, it will be more difficult for Fabio as Evra is one of the best in the world atm.

Hopefully Obertan can show some of that early promise as well, he looks very similar to a young C.Ronaldo in terms of running/dribbling style...

Diouf, Cleverley, Norwood and Cathcart are also said to be showing promise, this season they are only likely to see league cup action though.

Last edited:
hernandez will play more games than you think. Fergie has said he thinks hes capable of playing as the lone striker in a 4-3-3 in europe.

Breakthoughs:
Anderson's screw up will give Gibson the platform to breakthough

Rafael to make the full back position his.

Macheda to make 20 appearance, Solskjaer Reborn

Hernandez to bring the final cutting egde we lack, strong quick good in the air, an aerial Owen , with flash of Rooney in him

Evans to continue to shine and show how he will be a first class centreback for the next 10 years.

Nani to become that fearsome tricky winger we prayed for 3 years ago. Not quite Ronaldo II but more than good enough destroy the opposition.

Last edited:
Support: Arsenal
Youngsters breaking-through and estimated EPL apps: Jack Wilshere (obvious one i guess, but Wenger is full of praise for the 18 year old and says he will use him this coming season). Emmanuel Frimpong (Wenger wants to "keep him" rather than loan him out, so that suggests that he thinks he has a big future, he also recommended him for England - might be pushing it a little though.)
Prevalent signings: I hope Chamakh can make a difference this year. Bendtner is still good on his day but is far too inconsistent, and Eduardo was always out of form :(. Koscielny is our only other signing but i haven't seen enough of him yet, he looks good, and Vermaelen likes him so..
Others: Samir Nasri has been awesome in pre-season... In Fabregas' position... (at least deserves some starts on the left, or right if Theo doesn't improve.) Having said that: Theo Walcott, looked sharp yesterday even if his finishing let him a little, he needs to improve his decision making, then he'll be good.

Liverpool

Pacheco to start making his mark on the first team.
Suso may make an appearance in a cup competition - watch out for this kid. Called up to train with the first team after Mr.Hodgson saw him training with the youth team. Not 16 yet.
Shelvey is known about already. Good dozen appearances for him.
Amoo to get some substitute appearances.
Kelly to begin to feature regularly as back-up at right back and central defence. The potential of him and Wilson partnered in central defence....
Spearing to make the odd appearance - god loves a trier.

Hopefully an injury-free Vuckic can start getting a couple games for us, but he's only turning 18 this month so still has plenty of time. And from the sounds of it Ranger is fixing his attitude, which can only benefit him and us.

Breakthroughs: Patrick Vieira

Nah, I think Jo could be a starter next season, we don't have alot of youth potential thinking about it, perhaps Felipe Caicedo and Vladimir Weiss can show off their potential? Also, Boateng I think will breakthrough ahead of Bridge.

Support: Villa
Youngsters breaking-through and estimated EPL apps: Delfouneso - 20 apps, hopefully. Marc Albrighton - 10 apps.
Prevalent signings: None. Ha. Please dear god get a good goalscorer.
Others: Agbonlahor to continue his development, Milner (if he stays) to provide goals and creativity from midfield, Carew to find some consistency, and Heskey to leave.

Chelsea:

• Connor Clifford
  • Josh McEachran
  • Jeffery Bruma
  • Gael Kakuta
  • Patrick Van Aanholt
  • Scott Sinclar (FINALLY)
  • Matej Delac (Once he arrives at Chelsea fully)

Have hopes for Jack Wilshere to get a decent amount of appearances this season, though with our midfield it may be difficult for him to.

Support: Sunderland
Youngsters breaking-through and estimated EPL apps: Jordan Henderson is the obvious one, but watch out for Colback, Waghorn, Liddle etc.
Prevalent signings: Cristian Riveros seems exiting.
Others: Trev Carson could get his chance this year, think we'll see a lot more from Fraizer Campbell.

Back