Milleg9

Reaction score
View attachment 166931

"Here We have the exclusive pictures of the former Liverpool Manager touching down in Marseille Provence Airport before he later went onto sign a rolling 12 month contract with the French giants Olympique De Marseille."

Club Owner Margarita Louis-Dreyfus has stated that she wanted to bring in a Manager who can take Marseille back to the former glory days and Bring a halt to the PSG Ownership of the Ligue 1 title.

Official Club Statement
View attachment 166929

"We are delighted to announce that Mr Rodgers has accepted the role as head coach of our famous football team , Brendan Rodgers brings the type of attacking football that is associated and ingrained in our history, We believe that this is an opportunity to step out of the shadow we had created for ourselves and rise back to the top of European football , Brendan has the full support of the board and we know the fans will be with us on our new Journey."​

View attachment 166834

Full nameOlympique de Marseille
Nickname(s)Les Phocéens, L'OM, Les Olympiens
Founded31 August 1899; 116 years ago
GroundStade Vélodrome
Capacity67,000
OwnerMargarita Louis-Dreyfus
ChairmanVincent Labrune
ManagerBrendan Rodgers
LeagueLigue 1
2014–154th
WebsiteClub home page

Marseille's home ground is the 67,000-person-capacity Stade Vélodrome located in the southern part of the city, where they have played since 1937. The Stade Vélodrome is renowned for its lively atmosphere. The club has a large fan-base, having regularly averaged the highest all-time attendance in French football.

View attachment 166833

Current Squad

Key Players :

Michy Batshuayi

View attachment 166832

Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†​(Gls)†​
2011–2014Standard Liège97(39)
2014–Marseille51(22)
National team‡​
2012–2014Belgium U2113(7)
2015–Belgium2(2)

" Michy is someone who I think can make it to the top of the game , I see a lot of characteristics and similarities Between Michy and Luis Suarez clinical finisher , tricky , strong , pace - it's about us coming up with the right formula to help Michy and if we can do that the player and the club will benefit."

Nicolas Nkoulou

View attachment 166831

Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†​(Gls)†​
2008–2011Monaco78(0)
2011–Marseille154(5)
National team‡​
2008Cameroon U233(0)
2008–Cameroon68(0)

"Nicolas is our rock at the back , he is a leader and has played a lot of games at a high level over 200 games in Ligue 1 , He shows intelligence and strength and a desire to fight for every blade of grass and I know we will have a fight to keep Nicolas here."

Steve Mandanda

View attachment 166830

Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†​(Gls)†​
2005–2008Le Havre67(0)
2007–2008Marseille (loan)34(0)
2008–Marseille291(0)
National team‡​
2003–2006France U2117(0)
2008France B2(0)
2008–France21(0)

"Steve is a Fantastic goalkeeper and someone I am really looking forward to working with , He has been a great servant to this club and is someone that I can see being part of the history of this club for years to come"

Marseille have actually got a few decent players there, but passing PSG will be a tough ask! good luck

View attachment 166699
The system of Rodgers predominantly based on:-
  • Possession (i.e. attacking with the ball and then resting with the ball)
  • Moving the ball from side-to-side to open up spaces
  • Defending in zones rather than in a fixed formation
View attachment 166694
"I have spent the last few weeks trying to get the players to understand the importance of Pitch geography, We need to understand how to play with the ball and without the ball."

"we have to be able to keep the ball and be patient but also have the ability to be clinical when we need to be"

"We have the players that are able to be the difference on all levels and area's of the pitch"

"I want us to score goals , entertain the fans and challenge for the title"​

Marseille have actually got a few decent players there, but passing PSG will be a tough ask! good luck

Thank you mate!! Aim is to push PSG as much as I can this year and build from that!

One of your goals needs to be to sign Joe Allen for twice his value :p

Good luck though mate! :)

View attachment 165994

Brendan Rodgers takes charge of Marseille for the first time at home to stade malherbe caen , A game that they are expected to win at home.

"The boys have worked well and have taken to the idea's and philosophy I am trying to deliver to this great club"

View attachment 165993
"This is a massive club , With some fantastic fans and I can't put into words how excited I am to get the season underway"

View attachment 165992

"Fantastic win for the boys , we played some good football , we passed the ball well and retained possession and worked our chances well especially considering we have only been working together for about 4 weeks"

View attachment 165991

"Our ball retention was really good , the players played with intelligence and understood the importance of keeping the ball and how that impacts the ability to win"

View attachment 165990

"Florian was outstanding today , He was very tricky and showed how dangerous he can be with his pace , His move to Newcastle maybe didn't work out the way he wanted but I believe I can help Florian show that he has the quality to play at the top"