FFSNOOB

Reaction score
... and to never have won a major modern trophy. I've got a feeling this will be challenge.

brentfordFC150px.jpg

Chairman Greg **** was pleased to announce the appointment of Matias Fernandez Plant as the new Manager of Brentford FC, "He is very inexperienced, but has this raw determination and passion for greatness, maybe not with us, but hopefully he can help take us somewhere along the road to a successful football club."

Plant sat down in his first press conference and awaited the one man and his dog, to ask the questions:

The Chairman spoke very highly of you, believing you could take this club to greatness, that's a tall order, how do you respond to this?
"Well, to be honest with you, it's impossible for just a manager to make a club great, it comes down to a lot of things, but if i can be an integral part of those plans, then that will make me very happy."

Are you going to give a total revamp of the squad in order to achieve this?
"It's not going to happen in a year or two, it's a massive commitment! Huge! Collossal! There might not be a player left in this squad when it does happen, but that won't be because i don't like them, it'll probably be because there all about 65 when it does happen."

So what's the plan this season then?
"Mount a promotion challenge, start developing some youngsters and hopefully a nicely drawn cup run to generate some revenue, but because some football teams are starting to monopolize how the game works, it's going to make it a near impossible task to have a promising youngster without them being snapped up by a bigger club that won't even play him."

---------------------------------------

Pre-Season to follow.

Thanks for reading.

I'll keep an eye on this, I like lower league stories. :)