Brewing Success | A Burton Story | The Journey to the Premier League

FM Lect

Reaction score
Brewing Success | A Burton Story

View attachment 461963

Introduction

Hi all, welcome to the Burton Story. This is my first time doing an FM story so any constructive criticism is welcome!

Story Aim - Get to the Premier League

A Bit About Burton

Burton were founded in 1950 but competed in the non-league of England for 59 years before eventually been promoted to League Two in 2009. They have there highest ever league finish in the 2012-13 season finishing forth but losing in the playoff semi finals. Their most notable trophy won was the Skrill Premier which they won in 2009. They currently play their home games at the Pirelli Stadium and have done for the past 8 years.

Why Did I Choose Them?

I personally chose to manage Burton because of their potential to grow. They possess excellent training facilities and already have a squad to cope with the challenges of League Two.

Lets Go!

Right, now that we've got the boring bit over and done with, we can get straight on with the story

Last edited:
Pre-Season Review

Going into pre-season, our main aim was to build a decent sized squad, capable of securing us a comfortable play-off place. The board gave us a transfer budget of 20k and an available wage budget of 10k per peek, on the basis that we got promotion this season.

Transfers

Arran Lee Barrett (GK) - Free Transfer

View attachment 461841

Peter Leven (MC) - Free Transfer

View attachment 461840

Miguel Comminges (DR) - Free Transfer

View attachment 461839

Fixtures

AFC Fylde 0-6 Burton
McGurk (2), Symes (2), Sharps, Dyer

Burton 3-1 Hereford
McGurk, Symes, Bell - Rankine

Hinckley 1-4 Burton
Faux - McGurk (2), Symes, Weir

Burton 1-5 Derby
McGurk - Sammon (3), Bryson, Coutts

Tactics

The tactic I am using is a 4-1dm-3-2. The tactic aims to stay solid at the back before committing enough men forward to create a good attacking force. This is achieved by using the very fluid philosophy. It tactic also uses a direct passing style as we are the strongest and most physical team in the league.

View attachment 461823

Player of the Pre-Season

Adam McGurk - 6 Goals in 4 Games

View attachment 461827

Epic Fail...

So I've got some explaining to do. Basically, I got sacked. After about a month and a half we were bottom with two points. I got sacked and in a fit of rage deleted the save, completely forgetting the fact that I would have to get some screenshots as proof of what happened. I suppose that save that a chose to write a story about was always going to be my worst ever. Anyway, I'll leave you with this...

View attachment 461766

haha unlucky, just got to get to grips with the new game that's all

hi mate unlucky but before you start a story play 2 or 3 months of the season first then if all goes well create a story but just incase along the way just take screenies of the table so if you do make one if its going well then you have everything ready thats what im doing with Portsmouth hopefully i can create a story if it goes well :D

hi mate unlucky but before you start a story play 2 or 3 months of the season first then if all goes well create a story but just incase along the way just take screenies of the table so if you do make one if its going well then you have everything ready thats what im doing with Portsmouth hopefully i can create a story if it goes well :D

Yeah thanks. I'll do that in a couple of weeks but I think I need to get a couple of seasons under my belt first.