tomswfc17

Reaction score
Has anyone had brexit in their game yet, just wondered when it will appear? i'm in third season and still not had it yet.

Just had the announcement, in November 2018.

It has been announced that Great Britain will be leaving the European Union at the end of the season.

From next season, players from the European Union will need to apply for work permits to play in Great Britain.

European Union players already playing in theses nations will be given special status to allow them to be treated as non-foreign and will not require any work permit.

The FA have also announced that the Bosman rule will be scrapped meaning that players will not be allowed to sign pre-contract deals or move freely at the end of their contracts without compensation.

what Brexit scenario did you get?

That it would stay as is, but I now need (and get anyway) work permits for any player from any non-UK nation. Try offering a contract to a South American regen on your save, don't have to go through with the signing. Should get a work permit.

I will give it a test once it comes into effect at the end of the season.

Would be amazing if you could turn off work permits in the game as an option.

Brexit is the best thing to happen to this country since the end of WW2

Would be amazing if you could turn off work permits in the game as an option.

You could in previous versions by just making every country a member of the EU in the editor. Never messed up any comps or anything, it just stopped the need for work permits. Should be able to this time round again, unless you get hard brexit when it happens in which case you're fecked lol.

The new 700mb update has fixed this btw. I now need work permits again for non-EU :D

Anyone know if there is an option to disable Brexit on a savegame?
Some sort of setting to untick or something?

No there is no option for that, Miles have told this several time. Maybe, it is huge maybe, someone can upload some kind of mod or file that can change it somehow, but it might be too hard coded in.

Hope so:)
A huge part of Football Manager for me is the hours of discussions around tactics, players, etc with my mate (playing on separate computers, on separate savegames, but with the same team). If now the savegames will end up with totally different Brexit outcomes, the fun will die a little for me I am afraid.

I'm currently simming a save where I've set Brexit to happen in 2100. Seems the announcement is hardcoded to appear on the 25th November of whichever year it decides to happen, so gonna sim to 2030. In the editor it can happen anytime from 2018 to 2026, with each year having a percentage chance so I've deleted all years and made it 2100. Currently 2020 and it hasn't happened yet.

Second no-Brexit test:

f5d2f84a3de7c27912dbfec2fb9da550.png

I've either been lucky and got the best scenario twice in a row, or changing Brexit start date stops/prolongs it from happening. Gonna do a proper save now, sod's law I'll get hard Brexit :D

I find that amazing that they have offered alternative outcomes! I won't be affected however as I am doing a Pentagon challenge and there are even bigger restrictions in my current league in Korea XDXD