Brian Laudrup - Back Where It All Began In Brondby...

Gers1690

Reaction score
View attachment 164149

Why Brondby?

Well i wanted to have a crack at doing a career thread that involved a well known footballer who isnt or hasnt been involved in the management side of things,so i thought the ideal person would be Brian Laudrup.He was a great player at my team Glasgow Rangers and also a well known player throughout the nineties with various teams.But my main reason for choosing Brondby is that is where he started his career making 49 appearances before moving onward throughout Europe.

View attachment 164148

A little about Brian Laudrup for those who arent familiar with him before we start.

Brian Laudrup (born 22 February 1969) is a retired Danish Footballer who currently works as a football commentator,pundit and analyst on Danish TV3+, Along with former international goalkeeper Lars Hogh Laudrup manages a football academy for marginalized youth.

During his short playing career which eventually stalled due to injury, Laudrup represented a number of European clubs. He started with Danish club Brondby, winning two Danish Championships in the late 1980s. He then played for German and Italian clubs, winning the 1994 Serie A as well as the 1994 UEFA Champions League title with AC Milan. He was a vital part of the Rangers team which dominated the Scottish Premier Division in the 1990s, winning three championships among others. He won the 1998 UEFA Super Cup in his brief stint with English club Chelsea, and had a brief stint with FC Copenhagen in Denmark, before ending his career with Dutch club Ajax in 2000. He played 82 games and scored 21 goals for the Danish National Team, and was a vital part of the Danish teams who won the Euro 92' and 1995 Confederations Cup.

He won the Danish Footballer Of The Year award a record four times. He was named by FIFA as the fifth best player in the world in 1992 and was named by Pele as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers at the FIFA 100 ceremony in March 2004, alongside his older brother Michael Laudrup.
He has now stopped journalist work with TV3+ and stepped into the murky world of club management for the very first time!!!

My aim is to bring some glory to Brondby and challenge for the Superliga Title and the rest will hopefully take care of itself.

View attachment 164145

View attachment 164148

Club Background

View attachment 164142

The club has a fierce rivalry with FC Copenhagen,with games between the two often heated,there are also rivalries with AGF Aarhus,OB Odense,AaB Aalborg but thsese are nothing compared to the "New Firm Derby" as its called.

Facilities

View attachment 164137

View attachment 164136

The club plays in the Brondby Stadion which is a fantastic arena with a capacity of 29,000.Training Facilities are very impressive indeed with the youth facilities pretty good too.
Junior coaching is excellent with the youth recruitment pretty extensive as well,thus giving young players a fair chance here.

FINANCES

View attachment 164134

Finances are pretty secure but a close eye will be needed to make they remain stable.A decent wage and transfer budget should enable us to improve the squad where neccesary.

DANISH SUPERLIGA

View attachment 164133

View attachment 164132

View attachment 164131

The league setup as you can all see is pretty straightforward play each other 3 times with a total of 33 games plaed overall,the winners going into the Champions league qualifiers with 2nd and 3rd place going into the Europa League first qualifying round.At the other end the bottom team is relegated to the first division.

Thanks for reading folks and i will be doing monthly(in-game) updates with my progress in this one.

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 164076

Generally the squad looks pretty decent apart from what ive seen so far in central defence in in midfield where reinforcements will be needed.The loss of Daniel Agger who is out for 2 months as he is the best player in the team without a doubt will hit us hard.Up front Teemu Pukki and in midfield Thomas Kahlenberg whos also out for 4months will hit us hard.

View attachment 164068 View attachment 164066 View attachment 164062

TACTIC

These are the main tactics that i shall be using throughout the campaign.I will be looking to play some controlled fluid football whilst also keeping things tight at the back.This is a personal tactic of mines and is not one downloaded.

View attachment 164058

ASSISTANT MANAGER

View attachment 164049

Laudrup's right hand man will be no other than Stefano Eranio,Capped 20times by the Italian national team he will provide very valuable knowledge and opinions on players.