Jake

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. If your story is rubbish, a moderator will delete it. We have had many years of spam stories and there is now a simple zero tolerance policy on this. Moaning about it will result in infractions. Continually posting rubbish stories will result in a serious infraction or even a ban.

2. If your story has been deleted (or you just want to improve your skills) consult this thread for story advice.

3. You can only have a MAXIMUM of 2 stories active at any one time. And there is a MAXIMUM of 3 stories allowed per user, per edition of the game. If you have already written 3 stories and you are looking to do another one, you will have to wait until FM 2013.

4. The story section is for stories, NOT for threads asking what team you should start a story with. If you haven't got the brain capacity to choose a team yourself then your story is likely to be of a very poor quality.

Use this thread for all questions regarding what team to manage: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...84197-football-manager-2012-who-should-i.html

Obviously this cannot be actively policed due to the sheer number of stories being written, but the story mods and myself will do our best. Any help would be appreciated, don't report the story, just post a link to a story you think has broken the rules into this thread.

Note my use of the word MAXIMUM. Just because you can have 2 stories running at once doesn't mean you should, running one quality story is enough work for most people. I would say there are about 10 users on this site who are capable of producing two quality stories at the same time. And similarly, just because you are allowed up to 3 stories per year, don't do 3 just for the sake of it. I would much rather some of you wrote 1 quality story each than 3 rubbish ones each.

If you want to share your progress/achievements etc with the community but feel you can't fully commit to writing a story, consider posting in this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...anager-2012-progress-how-your-game-going.html

Last edited:
Nice work Jake, glad to see there are some ground rules now.

May I add a suggested rule?
Its concerning screenshot size, It doesnt happen regularly but Screenshots and images should only be thumbnail size. If they are any larger they take ages to load if you dont have fast broadband.

Also liked the Story Index last year. It wasnt utilised enough but it was a good way of promoting your story.

Nice work Jake, glad to see there are some ground rules now.

May I add a suggested rule?
Its concerning screenshot size, It doesnt happen regularly but Screenshots and images should only be thumbnail size. If they are any larger they take ages to load if you dont have fast broadband.

Also liked the Story Index last year. It wasnt utilised enough but it was a good way of promoting your story.

I think that was one of my bright idea's. It's almost impossible to manage though.

Jake,
I have one suggestion, what about if there was an award for best story of the month? And the prize would be to make their story sticky for a month??

What do you think?

Jake,
I have one suggestion, what about if there was an award for best story of the month? And the prize would be to make their story sticky for a month??

What do you think?

The problem with 'of the month's' is that people throw a mahooosive shitfit if they aren't chosen/Voted for. Although, the idea in itself, is good, I think it would give people a nice incentive to actually try in their stories.

Unsure how other people think about it, but it might work if people keep the crying to a minimum.

Think a story of the month may be a good idea. Maybe the number of stories that are pants would go down-then again it may not, though I have seen some really good ones on the site. Maybe aswell it could stop people starting one, then starting another and leaving the previous one unfinished. Maybe try a trial run and see what happens?

Perhaps rather than dress it up as story of the month i will do 'Jake's recommended read' (or similar lame-*** title) that way if anyone wants to moan about not having their story chosen i can just unleash a banhammer of doom. (A)

Perhaps rather than dress it up as story of the month i will do 'Jake's recommended read' (or similar lame-*** title) that way if anyone wants to moan about not having their story chosen i can just unleash a banhammer of doom. (A)

Do you intend to read every story? That sounds like a lot of work! It would be nice to get the recognition and perhaps get more people following, but I very much doubt that it will reduce the ***** that's about. It would be better if the star rating system was properly utilised imo

If you did a recommended read feature or something similar could i suggest you do a Block text story recommendation, a Picture story recommendation, a Screenshot story recommendation And a Video story recommendation.
Another idea would be to promote the Lower League stories ...

If you did a recommended read feature or something similar could i suggest you do a Block text story recommendation, a Picture story recommendation, a Screenshot story recommendation And a Video story recommendation.
Another idea would be to promote the Lower League stories ...

yeah you right! I am doing lower league story with Barnet as well as story about Baggio and Inter. I seem to get much more interest on Inter Milan story that Barnet one. We shoul definitely promote lower leagues as they are much more challenging and you need really good managerial skills.

Another thing I'd like to see less of is advertising your own story in someone else's. If your story is good enough, it should eventually get the recognition it deserves without shameless plugging

is there space to rank/ rate a story? Would be great for the author to understand and have feedback how other people perceive their writing style?

is there space to rank/ rate a story? Would be great for the author to understand and have feedback how other people perceive their writing style?

At the top of any thread you can rate it...

Screen Shot 2012-01-01 at 13.06.10.png

If I may be so bold as to add a rule: Stop spamming peoples threads accusing them of cheating and continuously asking for evidence, and using foul and abusive language to insult them-as it appears somebody has been spamming someones story. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...93584-droylsden-champions-league-winners.html

Just get over it-it's a story. They'll post screenies when they want to-not when you demand it.

I'm sick of seeing " Can't be arsed carrying on with my story " etc. in the Moderators request thread. In my opinion if somebody asks for their story to be deleted for one of them reasons, more than once (or whatever number is best) should receive some sort of embargo where they can't post another story for a certain amount of time.

Think a story of the month may be a good idea. Maybe the number of stories that are pants would go down-then again it may not, though I have seen some really good ones on|Nieuwe daken| the site. Maybe aswell it could stop people starting one, then starting another and leaving the previous one unfinished. Maybe try a trial run and see what happens?