SamPeters

Reaction score
63b416bf64dd.png

Oh it's that time of year again! and for people that followed me on the Football Manager 2015 section will not be surprised that my first game is with the club I support, the area I was born in and could never see myself supporting anyone else.....Here is my adventure with Brighton and Hove Albion.

63b416bf64dd.png

Squad Overview
a0uz9v.jpg
205plxi.jpg

I have a great squad here for me to manage this season with some quality in the first team and some very exciting talents in the future, I feel this club has a bases on to finally get to the Premiership and to get settled there for the future and I will now talk about each area on the pitch.

Goalkeepers
stock-p229-2620079_231x264.jpg
nm229-2600830_231x264.jpg
Christian-Walton.jpg

David Stockdale + Niki Maenpaa + Christian Walton
I will not be looking to change my goalkeepers really for the first couple of seasons as I feel theses 3 can take us forward into the next level, Stockdale and Maenappa will be swapping regularly with each other with Walton being the Cup goalkeeper for this season but Walton I view as my long term Number One so as the next couple seasons go on.

Defenders
bruno229-1794045_231x264.jpg
calde-2229-1796690_231x264.jpg
uwe229-2619799_231x264.jpg
cg229-2638378_231x264.jpg
lewis-dunk229-1793906_231x264.jpg
gordon-greer229-1793902_231x264.jpg
g-p229-2532657_231x264.jpg
lr-head-l229-2504534_478x359.jpg

Bruno + Inigo Calderon + Uwe Hunemeier + Connor Goldson + Lewis Dunk + Gordon Greer + Gaetan Bong + Liam Rosenior
I am delighted with the defence I have this season, A nice mixture of young and experienced players but I will be looking at talent as the season goes on to strengthening the team next season as some of the experienced players may leave.

Midfielders
kayal-p229-2234800_231x264.jpg
dale-stephens229-1820274_231x264.jpg
rohan-ince229-1793911_231x264.jpg
andrew-crofts229-1793897_231x264.jpg
jake-forster-caskey229-1793903_231x264.jpg
danny-holla229-1859517_231x264.jpg
solomon-march229-1793916_231x264.jpg
em229-2662945_231x264.jpg
jm229-2633605_231x264.jpg
kazenga-lualua229-1793904_231x264.jpg

Beram Kayal + Dale Stephens + Rohan Ince + Andrew Crofts + Jake Forster-Caskey + Danny Holla + Solly March + Elvis Manu + Jamie Murphy + Kazenga LuaLua
I also have a great midfield to choose from, I may look to sell Danny Holla as he really going to struggle getting game time here but the places are up for grabs.

Strikers
th-p229-2532653_231x264.jpg
sam-baldock229-1890359_231x264.jpg
zamora229-2600828_231x264.jpg
harper-220715-l229-2563996_478x359.jpg
vahid-hambo-210715-l229-2560719_478x359.jpg

Tomer Hemed + Sam Baldock + Bobby Zamora + Jack Harper + Vahid Hambo
I have a great line up of strikers this season including the legend that is Bobby Zamora, he know's exactly how the tough times where and now hopefully he can help mentor the other lads to help bring their games up, Harper and Hambo can have the potential to be a great striking partnership in the future.

Transfers
Incomings: I will most likely look at bringing in another Left Back as feel that is the strongest area we need to strengthen, I may also look at the possibility of another winger and a striker but a Left back to really fight with Gaetan for the spot is what I need.
Outgoings: Having reviewed the squad I have put Danny Holla on the Transfer List, He was not going to really feature so hopefully can make a little bit of money.

Looking forward to this one mate. Good luck

63b416bf64dd.png
919160d1394325022-jamie-carragher-managers-story-transfer-center.png

The First Axe!

Brighton and Hove Albion have today confirmed the departure of Dutch midfielder Danny Holla as he will be going back to Holland to join Sc Heerenveen after only a year in England for a fee of £650,000

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters: "I felt it would be best for all parties to let Danny seek first team football away from the club, he left on good terms here because I was open and honest with him so I was glad to see we had that understanding."

Departing Midfielder Danny Holla: "I want to thank Brighton for my year here at the club, I enjoyed every minute of it and I will be rooting for you all the way to finally make it to the Premiership!"

63b416bf64dd.png

As one leaves, One arrives!
England+v+Romania+U20+International+Friendly+Ygasn-TyRrul.jpg

Brighton and Hove Albion have today confirmed the signing of England Under 21 International Left Back Matt Targett from Southampton for a fee of £6 Million

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments: "I am shocked we manged to bring Matt in but he will provide great competition with Gaetan and can be a major player for us for many years to come."

New Brighton and Hove Albion Left Back Matt Targett comments on the move: "I realised my time getting first team football may be limited at Southampton and when the opportunity came up here at Brighton, I jumped at the chance as I have been excited about the way they play and everything off the pitch is ready for the Premiership and I will be hoping we can make it."

Last edited:
Let's go Seagulls!!! A Greek fan who actually supports the team along with liverpool.

Good luck, you're going to need it!

Let's go Seagulls!!! A Greek fan who actually supports the team along with liverpool.

Good luck, you're going to need it!

You must of loved the fact of Teixiera at Brighton last season then lol, cheers yeah its going to be tough but I feel Play Offs can at least be the target

63b416bf64dd.png

Young Scot heads south
12-Ross-Matthews-6902-225x300.jpg

19 year old Scottish Midfielder Ross Matthews has moved from Raith Rovers down south to Brighton and Hove Albion for a fee of £97,000

Brighton and Hove Albion manager Samuel Peters: Ross has a very bright future ahead of him, He will go into the developmental squad first to see how he progresses."

New Brighton and Hove Albion Midfielder Ross Matthews: "I am delighted to be joining Brighton, I spoke with Jack Harper beforehand as we get on well and told me how nice is down here."

63b416bf64dd.png

Another Scot on the Seaside
102903440.jpg

Brighton and Hove Albion have today confirmed the signing of Scotland Under 21 International Striker Jason Cummings from Hibernian for a fee of £145,000.

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters comments on the new arrival: "I am delighted to bring Jason down here, I feel he has a great future and at the age of 19 he has every chance to go on and be one the best."

New Brighton and Hove Albion striker Jason Cummings comments on the move to Brighton: "I am delighted to come to a great club like Brighton, with Ross Matthews moving here a couple of days back and like himself I also gave a couple of the Scottish lads (Gordon Greer, Jamie Murphy, Jack Harper) a call and asked for their advice and once I had spoken to them, I did not hesitate for a second and the Manager really believes in my abilities and I believe can guide me a long way."

Last edited:
Has Greer asked to leave yet? I couldn't get him to stay for love nor money in the two beta careers I started with the Albion as he "wanted a new challenge". His physical and technical stats would have been replaceable had he not decided to do it when I'd blown my transfer wad elsewhere, but his leadership abilities are pretty hard to come by. Tried bringing in Richard Dunne on a free but he seemed to make a horrendous gaffe in every game he played.

Those saves have now been well and truly abandoned but I shall follow yours and hope it inspires me to try again with the Albion.

Has Greer asked to leave yet? I couldn't get him to stay for love nor money in the two beta careers I started with the Albion as he "wanted a new challenge". His physical and technical stats would have been replaceable had he not decided to do it when I'd blown my transfer wad elsewhere, but his leadership abilities are pretty hard to come by. Tried bringing in Richard Dunne on a free but he seemed to make a horrendous gaffe in every game he played.

Those saves have now been well and truly abandoned but I shall follow yours and hope it inspires me to try again with the Albion.
Nope he has not asked to leave yet, I generally keep him captain and involved during the season in the Championship then if I get promoted I then look to move him on and look for younger English talents as even tough with the other Scottish signings, eventually I want an all English side, To be honest I have not really focused on bringing in Center Backs as with Dunk, Hunemier, Greer and Goldson as the main 4 with Rohan Ince who can be a cover center back if needed.

I love the Albion, Could never ever support another club in my life and if I can inspire you to try again then thats great, I am lining up to hopefully bring in a legend just for one season, more will be revealed on that if it happens :p

63b416bf64dd.png

Italian legend joins the Seagulls!
01_del_1429694a.jpg

Brighton and Hove Albion have signed Italian Legend Alessandro Del Piero on a free transfer on a 1 year contract!

Samuel Peters comments on the signing: "I am delighted to bring Alessandro in, it is an amazing coup by us even at the ripe age of 40, he can still add a massive amount of quality to the side and I love the fact he believes in the vision of where we want to go.

Alessando Del Piero comments on the move to England's Sky Bet Championship side Brighton and Hove Albion: "I know it will come as a shock to many but Mr. Peters reached out to me personally about wanting me to come here and help on the vision to the Premiership and that is something I respect from him and at his young age, he already has a great mental mind for a manager and he could go a long way in this game."

63b416bf64dd.png

Kelechi joins the fight!
Kelechi-Iheanacho-e1437542204929.jpg

Kelechi Iheanacho has joined Brighton and Hove Albion on loan from Manchester City as part of the partnership between the two clubs.

Brighton and Hove Albion Manager Samuel Peters: "Under the partnership between the two clubs, I was delighted to bring in Kelechi for this season, He has a very bright future ahead of him."

Kelechi Iheanacho comments on the loan move: "After speaking with the manager, I was delighted to come here and fight with these players for a place in the team."

Del Piero turning out for the Seagulls!!! Unreal stuff

63b416bf64dd.png

Pre-Season 2015-2016

So we are here at Pre-Season for my first ever season as a manager and I have to say I was very pleased with how the players conducted themselves and handled themselves in the different formations we are working on for this season so here is the run down on Pre-Season!

3340mtv.jpg

Well, I was happy with this scoreline because for me, It shows that I can call on them in the time of need, Chike Kandi really impressed me today and he has given me something to consider in future opportunity.
wbzcoz.jpg

The next part of Pre-Season takes us up North into Scotland for a Week and the first game was a great 4-0 win against Livingston, This was a brilliant performance by us as we looked dangerous the whole game, Bobby Zamora was lethal with three assists.
2h7kxex.jpg

The next game, we was up against Raith Rovers and gave Ross Matthews a start against his old club and they gave him a nice reception, It was not as big or convincing as the Livingston victory but I was delighted with the result and considered the tour a success.
2uiga3a.jpg

We travelled back to England and the next stop was right down to the South East of England as we played Bognor Regis and secured another 4-0 win.
10pdbeq.jpg

Our final stop gave us a trip to Crawley, Ending Pre-Season with a convincing 3-1 victory, Overall it's been a brilliant season and I can not wait for the season to start !

63b416bf64dd.png

August 2015
latest

Game 1
soxsb8.jpg

We could not have wished for a better start to the season than tonight's game, I decided to go with 5 at the back to counter Nottingham Forest's attacking threat and I was delighted that it paid off.

My Player of the Match was Gaetan Bong, A brilliant performance by the left wing back on his debut, The goal was meant to be a cross but it beat everyone to put us 1-0 up but he made the left side his own today.
capital-one-cup.jpg

1st Round
fd911u.jpg

A good performance as we put the game to bed inside the first 30 minutes but I will give credit to Southend for the little fight back at the end.

My Player of the Match was Jason Cummings, A double on his debut and was dangerous all game, very impressed with him.
cup-draw-800x600304-304092_284x213.jpg

We have been given an All-Championship tie in the second round as we are away to Sheffield Wednesday.
latest

Game 2
2mwvy4m.jpg

A loss to Fulham in a game that really could have gone either way so I am not mad at our players as there is a long way to go before the end of the season.

My Player of the Match was Liam Rosenior, a good composed game by Liam on his debut today, made some great tackles and his passing was good.
latest

Game 3
241p7km.jpg

A brilliant response from the Fulham game as we produced a solid win away at Huddersfield Town which keeps them bottom of the league as we move up into 4th.

My Player of the Match was Inigo Calderon , a brilliant performance from the experienced player who got both assists today and bossed the right side all game.
latest

Game 4
es9raa.jpg

A brilliant comeback by us today, being 2-0 down and Zamora not scoring the penalty I was fearing the worst but we showed great fight to get the draw.

My Player of the Match was Tomer Hemed, came off the bench and scored both and looked dangerous in his 30 minutes and given me a good selection headache!!
capital-one-cup.jpg

2nd Round
23kz1oh.jpg

A win sends us into the 3rd Round and it was a great performance from the lads and I was impressed with the youngsters involved today.

My Player of the Match was Connor Goldson, A brilliant performance from the young lad today and can be a big player for us in the coming years.

We have been handed a tough tie in the 3rd round as we are away again, this time against Premiership opposition in Watford.
latest

Game 5
10mivc2.jpg

What an amazing win today, the attacking display was brilliant, I expected to concede a couple but the fans will be delighted with 5 goals away from home.

My Star Player of the Match was Rohan Ince, a brilliant performance from the young lad today and got himself on the scoresheet which was a delight to see.

Team Competitions
SkyBet Championship: 3rd
2196z29.jpg
b3va84.jpg

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round vs Watford
FA Cup: Not Yet Entered

Player Stats
Top Goalscorer

Tomer Hemed - 4

Most Assists

Tomer Hemed - 3

Most Man of the Matches
0,,10290~12352887,00.png

Inigo Calderon + Tomer Hemed + Connor Goldson + Gaetan Bong + Jason Cummings - 1

Yellow Cards

Gordon Greer - 3

Red Cards
None

Top Rating

Tomer Hemed - 7.90

Overall

My Player of the Month

Tomer Hemed
What a debut month from Tomer! 4 goals and 3 assists is a great return from him. He could very well lead us to the big time.

SkyBet Championship
A great first month in my career being 3rd puts us in a good position going forward.

Capital One Cup
A couple of great wins sets us up nicely to try to beat Watford will be a good challenge.

63b416bf64dd.png

sky-sports-transfer-centre.png

Summer Transfer Window
21kjzua.jpg

Incomings

Matt Targett
matt-targett148-2575315_231x264.png

I spent most of my money bringing Matt to the club but I feel he is worth every penny as the years go on.

Ross Matthews
12-Ross-Matthews-6902-225x300.jpg

A young exciting talent with a small fee but I can develop him and help him realise his potential at this club and along with a couple of other Scottish players, it may help him settle in quicker.

Jason Cummings
102903440.jpg

A very exciting young striker who I truly believe can go on to be a Scottish Legend on the International scene along with Ross Matthews and Jack Harper, £170,000 to me is a steal and Hibernian and their fans will realise what a bad mistake they made.

Alessandro Del Piero
01_del_1429694a.jpg

Well when I heard he would be interested in joining the club, I jumped at the chance to show him, If only for one season his experience and knowledge of the game will be vital for our young players.

Kelechi Iheanacho
Kelechi-Iheanacho-e1437542204929.jpg

The only loan signing in the squad, After the link up between the two clubs was made, it was of best interest of both parties that Kelechi came here for the season, he has a great selection of strikers to fight with for a spot but it will be an exciting season for him

Outgoings

Danny Holla

Danny is a very good seasoned professional but he just fell down the pecking order and felt it would be best to cash in but I wish him all the best and would be great to face him at some point.

I also let a number of youngsters move out on loan for first team football this season. Jeffrey Monakana, Jordan Maguire-Drew, James Tilley and Dylan Barnett are the main 4 I will keep my eye on when out on loan as I feel all 4 youngsters have a great chance to be in the first team within the next 1-2 years so this will be to see who tops the pecking order.

63b416bf64dd.png

September 2015
latest

Game 6
25jwk12.jpg

We started off poorly and we was made to pay despite the little fight back which included a brilliant goal by Zamora but we lose at home.

My Star Player of the Match was Bobby Zamora, The legend has been amazing since coming back to Brighton and scored a brilliant effort from outside the area to get it to 3-2.
latest

Game 7
2lidfz6.jpg

I felt that we should had won this by more today but we was delighted with Baldock's late winner but give credit to Rotherham for their fightback.

My Man of the Match was Sam Baldock, I decided to give him a try on the right wing today as we have had some dissapointing results out there so far but what an impact Baldock made today and has made me consider using him there more often as the competiton for striker roles is limited, this could give him more game time that he needs.
latest

Game 8
x4g7ep.jpg

A great away performance today from us, I decided to go with 5-3-2 today and it paid off and gives the team confidence going into the cup match against Watford, Connor Goldson had another impressive performance.

My Player of the Match was David Stockdale, He made some cracking saves to get a clean sheet today.
capital-one-cup.jpg

3rd Round
2ppzihd.jpg

What a match! we took Watford all the way to penalties and Walton was the man who won us the shootout with two fantastic saves but credit for the whole team to keep fighting.

My Player of the Match was Lewis Dunk, A brilliant performance by Lewis today and is a major player for us who I think can go far in his career and performances like this is a joy to behold.

The draw has been made for the 4th round and we have been handed a great home tie against Premiership giants Arsenal, This will be our toughest test this season.
latest

Game 9
j0waau.jpg

A good game for the fans of both sides but unfortunately we ended up on the losing side today but hopefully we will bounce back from it.

My Player of the Match was Jake Forster-Caskey, A great game for Jake today and assisted 2 of the goals.

Team Competitions
SkyBet Championship: 4th
xf2h6a.jpg

nv5cht.jpg

Capital One Cup: 4th Round vs Arsenal

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Tomer Hemed - 6

Most Assists

Tomer Hemed - 4

Most Man of the Matches
0,,10290~12352887,00.png
jake-forster-caskey229-1793903_231x264.jpg
stock-p229-2620079_231x264.jpg
lewis-dunk229-1793906_231x264.jpg

Tomer Hemed + Jason Cummings + Sam Baldock + Inigo Calderon + Gaetan Bong + Jake Forster-Caskey + David Stockdale + Lewis Dunk + Connor Goldson - 1

Yellow Cards

Gordon Greer - 5

Red Cards
NONE

Top Rating

Tomer Hemed - 7.33

Overall

My Player of the Month

Solly March
What a month for Solly! 3 goals this month and some great performances, I feel Solly can go far in this game but I hope he will realise them dreams with us.

SkyBet Championship
2 wins and 2 losses this month keeps us in a good position after the second month of the season, We will now try and keep the good performances going and try to keep in the top 6 at least

Capital One Cup
An amazing cup tie with Watford as we took it to penalties and held our nerves to go through and now the test of Arsenal will be a great one for us.

63b416bf64dd.png

October 2015
latest

Game 10
dmz9ud.jpg

What an amazing win today, we played the best football I have seen under my management so far, Even when Kayal got sent off we still carried on scoring! what an amazing feeling and the fans are jubilant.

My Player of the Match was Tomer Hemed, I brought him on from the bench today and what a performance he put in with an amazing hat-trick, He is going to be so important for us as the season develops.
latest

Game 11
21rhc2.jpg

A good away performance today as we came away from Elland Road with a point which was the right result on the day but I am delighted with the players for getting the equaliser.

My Star Player of the Match was Gordon Greer, Put in a great captains performance at the back which started off as a 3 but as the game went on I stuck with him and Goldson while bringing off Hunemeier and he was solid all game.
latest

Game 12
rwky7s.jpg

Not the best game from us today but we picked up the 3 points today, I expected a lot more even though we won but Bristol City did have some great pressure going on.

I was delighted today to give Jack Harper his debut, He is a very high prospect who joined us from Real Madrid so I will be hoping he can do some great things!

My Player of the Match was Uwe Hunemeier, What a brilliant performance at the back by Uwe today which his and Greer's partnership really worked well during this match.
latest

Game 13
35218wi.jpg

A very entertaining match today which we got the win but major praise goes to Preston who looked good all game and Eoin Doyle for putting away 2 good goals.

My Player of the Match was Sam Baldock, A great performance today and was very troubling for Preston and once again was brilliant on the right wing.
capital-one-cup.jpg

4th Round
j5jlgn.jpg

So we go out the competition today but we put up a great fight against a very strong Arsenal side which was brilliant and the players should be proud.

My Player of the Match was Dale Stephens, A great game today from him and showed what quality he has.
latest

Game 14
2qcf2u9.jpg

Even though we came away with a point today, I was not happy with the overall performance, a very poor first half lead to their goal and then a mistake to let them in for the equaliser.

My Player of the Match was Uwe Hunemeier, A brilliant peformance at the back alongside Dunk today, they did deal with most of the threats and both him and Lewis were the stand out performers for me today.

Team Competitions
SkyBet Championship: 4th
6riirm.jpg
2vudgso.jpg

Capital One Cup: Knocked Out in 4th Round by Arsenal

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer

Tomer Hemed - 11

Most Assists

Tomer Hemed - 4

Most Man of the Matches

Tomer Hemed + Sam Baldock + Uwe Hunemeier - 2

Yellow Cards

Gordon Greer - 8

Red Cards
kayal-p229-2234800_231x264.jpg

Beram Kayal - 1

Top Rating

Tomer Hemed - 7.42

Team Awards

Young Player of the Month
1fh4t5.jpg

Solly March
A great month for Solly with 3 goals in 4 games this month, he has just carried on improving as the season goes on and it has been great for me and the fans to see

Manager of the Month
2ugyxxj.jpg

Me
A great performance this month from the team has given me the Manager of the Month award and it is nice to get the recognition

Overall

My Player of the Month

Uwe Hunemeier
A great month here for Uwe this month with some great performances and looks like he has settled well to life in English Football

SkyBet Championship
Another solid month here from us to keep us 4th in the league and it is great to still be up around the top of the pile.

Capital One Cup
A good performance from us against Arsenal but we are out of the competition and can now focus for the rest of 2015 on the Promotion charge.