andyconor

Reaction score
I've just started with Brighton and sold a few expensive players so I have a decent transfer budget. This is my team now:

Kuszack
Bruno
Mouyokolo (Wolves - loan)
Greer
Bridge

Adomah (Bristol City)
Hammond
David Lopez/Orlandi
LuaLua

Dobbie
Simeon Jackson (Norwich)

Bench:

Ankergren
Crofts
Dunk
Zanetti (free)
Buckley
Mackail-Smith
Bridcutt

Where do you think I should be finishing with this squad?

And have you got any other general advice about managing Championship teams?

I'm a Brighton fan so I know a lot about them.

Thanks

Promotion I'd say. The squad is really strong already, and if your tactics play to their strengths you'll get some surprise results no problem, certainly 10th is too weak a prediction.
I also picked up Zanetti for the first season but he just spent most of it injured, and when he was fit Hammond, Bridcutt and Crofts were performing better so he just played reserve football with the occassional bench spot.

I would say give Mackail-Smith more playing time than Dobbie, he is just flat out better in my opinion. His work rate and stamina alone make him a presence you want on the field in the Championship, especially when partnered with another striker who he can pair up with effectively. He'll get a solid number of goals. I'm assuming you sold Barnes? Whilst he isn't my favourite player since he likes to walk just a little bit too much he did get goals when I was least expecting them, ended up being my top scorer.

Best part about that team is when you get promoted most of the squad are good enough to be squad or backup players, you only really need to sign a left back to replace the departing Bridge, and then each of the core outfield areas - A striker, a player in the middle of the park, a defender to partner Greer.

Best of luck!