KennyTinnion

Reaction score
So im sitting here waiting for this update to finish (1.4 download speed ftw) so im deciding to write this thread about my career so far with my home team Brighton.

This is played on the classic mode, i dont have to patience for the full game mode with all the team talks and stuff, this is my second save with brighton because i got bored with my first save as things were not going my way and it was the first time i played fm13 this year.

First season

so my first season started off with getting with me getting rid of the "dead weights" of the club inc. Marcus Painter, Romain Vincelot and Matt Sparrow, only for a total fee of 825k, i decided that i wouldnt sell Vincente this season because, even though his age and injury proneness that i would still need someone of his experience and skill in the squad, i brought in some quality young players to fill the gaps from my sold players, my first signing was Jesse Lingard from Man Utd for a 450k fee , a quality winger that if gets the right amount of game time turns out to be a quality premier league player, i also signed Michael Keane from Man Utd for a 250k fee, also a good young player who also with the right amount of game time can grow into a quality player, i also brought in 2 loans to strengthen my squad, i brought Vito Mannone, the Italian goalkeeper from Arsenal who really helped me seal my goals for my first season, as he is like a brick wall in goal he is a really good goalkeeper to bring in if you are starting of with any team in the championship, i also brought in Abdoulaye Sané on loan, a very capable striker with good potential, just as a back up for Craig-Mackail Smith upfront.
I decide to not make any staff changes this season 1 because i just didnt think of it, and 2 i didnt wanna cause unrest with changing everything in the first few months of being at the club, so the total spend in my first transfer market was a low 700k.
i only chose a mid table finish for my prediction as i didnt wanna put too much pressure on myself to try get promotion, even though in my head my goal was promotion.
The season started off a bit squeaky *** when i only won 3 of the 5 pre-season matches and drawing the 2 others, those worries were put to rest though after my first 10 games i had won 6 drawn 3 and only lost 1 game to Cardiff away, i had a poor start to the cup when i went out of the capital one cup in the 3rd round to Aston Villa.
My next 20 games was a poor effort from the squad, only getting 7 wins, drawing 7 and losing 6, it was steady pace but not what i was looking for, alot of the draws i feel i could have won, and i felt i didnt have the finishing power upfront that i needed!
my FA cup tie put me at home to Oldham which i thought would be an easy win and maybe the turn around my season needed, but it didnt end like that, i drew at home to Oldham 0-0, i felt it was a poor effort as i put basically my strongest side out but it wasnt enough, so it took me away to Oldham, where i got the result i desperately needed, a strong 4-0 win away from home, i thought it would be the turn around my season needed, but the next round drew me against Man City away from home and i knew i wasnt going to win that game, even though putting out a considerably weak squad, i only lost 3-1 away from home which wasnt as embarrassing as i thought the result could have been.
so with 16 games left i could concentrate on my promotion push, i thought it wasnt going to happen having lost 4 big games to teams around my league position, but my 7 draws and 5 wins put me in 6th place, just beating Barnsley on 70 points and Leeds on 69 points with my 71 points.
Cardiff, Burnley and Birmingham joined me in the play-offs and i faced Cadiff at home in the first leg of the play-offs, and they battered me 3-1, i thought that this was my season over, i thought there was no way i could beat them after there strong season and great home form, but i pulled it off, a 2-0 win away from home took it to extra time and penaltys, and with the likes of Vincente, David Lopez and Orlandi on my side i felt confident going into the shoot out, and i turned them over away from home putting me into the final of the play-offs against Birmingham, it was "Wembley here we come!", it was a close game and packed with goals as it finished 3-2 in my favour, winning the play-offs and putting me into the premiership!
It was a tough season but i got what i wanted, i got into the prem, and that was just the start of my career at Brighton & Hove Albion!

I have 5 more season i could tell you about, please give me feedback, this is my first post, and tell me if you want to hear more!

Last edited: