MERTES4CKER

Reaction score
Today AFC Ajax have announced that Frank de Boer has resigned from AFC Ajax after admitting to having heart problems and couldn't continue. he has been replaced immediately by an unknown manager, ex spanish Sunday League footballer, Santiago Lopez
Name: Santiago Lopez
Nationality: Spainish
Date Of Birth: 08/05/1976
Favoured Clubs: Ajax
Past experience: Sunday League Footballer

It is an honor to be announced manager of my favorite team! Its practically a dream come true to me. My goal is to make them the best in Europe and the world, overtaking the likes of Barcelona and Real [Madrid]
Ajax have the Dutch Super Cup coming up soon and the pre-season is vital

How amazing is this! out of no-where I was reading the news about how Frank de Boer resigns and, as a practical joke with my friend Gonzalo, I call up Ajax and apply, and they leave me a meeting. Words couldn't describe my joy at the time, but I was confused, why would they want to sign me out of everyone available, I'm a no-body, but oh well. I arrived in Ajax the same day, I got picked up in a Rolls Royce and dropped off at Amstredam ArenA, I was sweating, nervous, Obviously I was going to accept if they offered me the role, I had a folder describing what I would do with Ajax to make them impressed, I showed them it and they seem impressed, They told me to step outside for a minute, I did. Whilst i was out there I was wondering what they were talking about, whilst all my thoughts piling up and getting confused, they call me back in. They had cleared the desk, put my stuff back in the folder, and pulled out a contract, offering me £5,500 for 2 years, I was happy, I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. I quickly signed the paper, Obviously, They shook my hand and told me it will be announced later today, they gave me a map of the stadium and where everything is, They also sent me back in the Rolls Royce, the chauffeur drove me to the training ground across the road, I met the team, a lot of them didn't really seem bothered, but I had a look at them train, they impressed, but they weren't all staying, I'm going to make them the best team in Europe.
this is my first story, what do you all think ?

Last edited:
Bringing back the Glory Days | Ajax | 2. New Manager, New Faces.

Bringing Back The Glory days
View attachment 264934

First thing I had to do was bring in some good players, some with potential, and some that are already good. It wont be easy as I only have around 10Million to spend, and Barcelona and Real Madrid have 100 Million or more.

I went to my folder again, checked the list of future stars, I remembered 2 of my favorite youngsters, Sergi Roberto and Lucas Andersen.

First I flew back to Spain and got into contact with Tito about Sergi Roberto, he told me he's available for £1,400,000. I shook his hand and said its a done deal.
When I met up with Sergi he told me his contract demands, they were pretty good, so I accepted them, my first signing.

After I sent my assistant to Denmark to sign Lucas Andersen, and he came back the next day with good news.

But I realized that I needed experience, I signed Mahamadou Diarra, Carlos Diego, Marco Materazzi and Vedran Runje as back ups and for experience.

Last signing and the biggest, I brought in Amr Zaki to improve the attack for £3,400,000.

Pre-season went well, we started of slow and not so good, but slowly we improved and got 4 victories, 2 draws and 1 loss.

View attachment 264947

Dutch Super Cup

This is what I've been waiting for, my first competitive match in charge and I could lift the trophy, the teams plays good together and I've seen that in the pre-season, but they still need to impress in this match, this trophy is my cushion for next season, if I win, then next season will be alot easier.

View attachment 264974

So here it goes!

View attachment 264975

We came so close, it was penalties that stopped us from triumphing, we deserved a win, we just couldn't finish. we had 23 shots, and they had 3, they manager to convert nearly all there shots and we only got 2 out of 23! Not impressed but they can try harder for the upcoming season.

Record with Ajax 0-0-1
Dutch Super Cup Runners Up (20
11)

Bringing back the Glory Days | Ajax | 3. August Update

Bringing Back The Glory Days
View attachment 265029

So the team are trying to get over the cup upset, I was trying to sympathize them and it was looking better, they seemed determined and were training harder and working better as a team and improved the tactics.

We focused on the league and Europe, those were my two main priorities that I would like to achieve with the team, then my work here would be done.

We're not done in the transfer window yet, with strong interest from Malaga in our two defenders, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen, I have indicated they should pay a lot if they want to sign them.

The League started of well, we had Vitesse and we got a dominant victory over them, with the final score being 6-2, goals from 2 of my defenders in this match, Alderweireld and Diogo.

View attachment 265024

Next match was going to be a tight one, we had sc Heerenveen, there a class team and this match should be tight, the team were playing away so that made it harder, but we would look for the best result possible.

View attachment 265025

The match was even, with both of the teams getting good shots on target and pushing forward, but as Andre Ooijer went to tackle the ball away from Fazli, he sent it in the back of his own net.
That was the only goal of the match and despite having more shots we just couldn't find the net.

The 3rd match of the month we play RKC, they are bottom of the table, loosing both of there games. Since we are at home, we have an advantage and we are clearly the better team, but I'm going to tell the team not to get complacent, a defeat is not what we want today.

View attachment 265028

Easy match, 3 comfortable goals from the strikers and a victory, Daley Blind made his debut this seson claiming he wants to leave, but he proved to me he deserves a place in the team with an amazing performance.

Last game of the month was against Excelsion, this team don't seem strong but i grew up watching them and they know how to play football, there agressive and never give up, so I won't look at this as an easy game and I'm going to tell the team that.

View attachment 265036

As I said this match is not going to be easy but we dominated, we just couldn't find the net until late on, we have been getting better everyday, I'm happy with there progress this month and hope they can keep it and go top.

League Table

View attachment 265042

Last edited:
September update

View attachment 265207

So this month did not go well at all, only one victory and that was sloppy, we started of getting a tough champions league group which had Real Madrid, Napoli and Benfica in it, so I would be happy with a 3rd place finish.
View attachment 265215

First game was against FC Groningen and we did get complacent, I thought it would be an easy game, we were aiming for the title and we needed this win to give us a big chance in the early stages.
View attachment 265221

This match was a big shock, we had enough shots but we couldn't convert, we need goalscorers, players who can make chances, and for Toby Alderweireld to return from injury to replace Ooijer, who has not impressed at all.

If that defeat wasn't enough, we faced Napoli away next, and I wanted to get a draw, that's all I thought we were capable of, but I was expecting a defeat as Napoli are a better team then us, for now.
View attachment 265223

This match, as I thought, ended in a defeat, a humiliating one, we dropped to the bottom of the group and needed a good result against Benfica to have a chance of getting atleast Europa League football.

The teams morale dropped after that defeat and that's not what I wanted, they're not as confident as they were, and we had PSV next, so I knew it wasn't going to go well for us.
View attachment 265224

Humiliating defeat for us, 3-0 down at half time, I gave them a team talk, they seemed motivated but they still could not get a shot on target, we dropped places and we went into the bottom half of the table so that was really unimpressive.

An easy match against SC Cambuur in the KNVB cup and this was the perfect chance to boost the teams morale and get a good result against NEC after this match.

View attachment 265225

This was a disappointing victory, the defense is really bad and Ooijer is playing really bad but I haven't got anyone to replace him with, but we have progressed in this match and I think its time to have a team talk.

NEC was next and the team looked happier and thought we could get a result at home, as we could improve and continue our challenge for the Eredivisie.

View attachment 265226

Really bad result, we didn't get the result we wanted and my patience with the team is running out, and there's no point of them even playing matches, if they don't get atleast a draw against Benfica then thats where my patience runs out.

Benfica now and this team is good, we were in the group of death in the Champions League, and this is the team we're challenging for 3rd place so we definitely need to get atleast a draw against this team.

View attachment 265227

Decent result for us seeing our form, we were 3-1 up but we dropped to 3-3, good match as we are facing Benfica, but we still need to improve.

October update

View attachment 265265

Last month's disappointment needed a recovery and we weren't so good to start of this month, but a change of tactics helped us and we got a better team, the papers were saying bad results would get me fired, but luckily the bottom half of results saved me.

We started of against Twente and I knew this was going to be a defeat straight away, but I tried hide it when I was talking to the team and when I was at the press conference being interviewed, we just have to pray for the best.

View attachment 265269

as expected, a defeat. Again we had a lot of chances but our goalscoring was still abysmal. They did play attacking and they had good chances but it took an own goal for them to get a goal. The team have been conceding more own goals this season and that's not impressing me.

ADO Den Haag next and I wanted at least a draw but the team were still unimpressive and I had a feeling of defeat, I was looking for other job options at the time, just in case it didn't work out for me.

View attachment 265278

Another defeat for the team and our Eredivisie form just keeps getting worse, and if this terrible result wasn't enough, our next opponents are Real Madrid in the champions league, and I'm expecting to get demolished.

Real Madrid, greatest team of all time, 9 times European Champions and will be looking to add one more. with a result against us they will move up to second which is what they want, to qualify, but we will try and do whatever we can to stop them.

View attachment 265279

So close, we came so close, it was tight, the counter attacking worked wonders for us early, but a late first half header from Ronaldo deflected of a player and went into the back of the net, and I thought that if we could hold the score at 1-1 it would be alright, but then a goal 15 minutes into the second half ended our dreams and it could of been alot more than 2-1.

If I lost this game against VVV, then I would be fired according to the papers, but I was determined to keep spirits up, and my job, too. So I decided to have another team meeting and the team seemed up and better.

View attachment 265283

Again, we slipped up, we were 2-0 up and when they got one back it seemed alright, we were still winning and I was keeping my job, but then they got a late goal in the last 5 minutes, and I thought that this was it, my time is up, but the boards gave me one last chance.

I got an easy make or break game against Lesse in the KNVB cup so if this result went well, which I was sure of happening, so the team seemed happier after the VVV draw and I thought they could get a good result for me in this match

View attachment 265284

As expected, a dominant win for us and I was keeping my job, a great performance from De Jong getting 2 goals and we were qualifying for the next round, which was good and most of the team's morale went up, with Utrecht and Real Madrid coming up, this is exactly what we need.

FC Utrecht now and this is not going to be easy so I want a draw at minimum, since I don't know if my job is safe or not. The team seem happier and it was easily noticeable during training and before the match.

View attachment 265288

Wow! Was not expecting that! We got an amazing result and I thought if we were going to win it, it would be maybe 1-0 or 2-1, but I definitely wasn't expecting 4-0, Zaki and El Hamdaoui really impressed me, there partnership is good!