bringing back the glory days - Ipswich Town Journey

LittleLaney11

Reaction score

Winning the FA CUP in 1978, the UEFA CUP in 1981 and finishing 5th in the Premier Leauge in 2000/01. Since then Ipswich havent had much joy in there journey back to high life. I will try to get them bac to the high roads of the Premier Leauge and win those important trophies.^^

Club Information

Team Name - Ipswich Town
Nickname - The Tractor Boys
Stadium - Portman Road
Year Founded - 1878
Rivals - Norwich City

Greatest Ever Players - Mick Mills, John Wark, George Burley, Paul Mariner, Terry Butcher, Tony Mowbury, Jim Magilton, Darren Bent and Connor Wickham

Greatest Ever Managers - Sir Alf Ramsey, Sir Bobby Robson, George Burley

Highest Win -10-0 vs Floriana
Highest Loss - 1-10 vs Fulham

Update Soon

Paul Jewell Sacked As Ipswich Boss
images

After 21 months in charge, Paul Jewell's time as manager of Ipswich comes to an end, after a poor run of results Marcus Evans, the chairman, decided that a change was needed. Ipswich finished the season in 17th, just above the relegation zone. Marcus Evans spoke to the press and said " a change was needed, we are a club with high expectations and Paul sadly did not deliver. We will be looking for replacements straight away." The favourites for the Ipswich job are Mick McCarthy (ex Wolves boss) Alan Curbishly (ex Charlton boss) George Burley (ex Scotland boss) and surprisingly Thomas Lane (No Previous Managerial Experiance)

Thomas Lane Named as Ipswich Manager

I dont think anybody would have thought this, the man who had no previous managerial experiance has been named the new ipswich boss. Marcus Evans told the press this morning "we interviewed him last nightand afer we had finished all the other meetings we new that he was the manager for us." We spoke to Thomas after he was announced as the new manager " i am buzzing and i am raring to go, i hope for a great start and i hope to bring success back to Portman Road." So i wonder how this will work out. Will he do well?? or Will he do poorly??

Update Tomorrow :)

Pre Season, Transfers and Start of Season?!?!

Havent dipped into the transfer as much as i usually do considering i only had 1 million to spend when last year when i played i had 4 million. signed 3 players and sold 2. not brilliant signings but hopefully they will bring goals to my team.

Signings In:

Darius Vassell, previously at Manchester city, free
Herita Llunga, previously at West Ham, free
Malaury Martin, previously at Middlesborough, free

images

Signings Out:

Jack Ainsley, sold to Shrewsbury, 24k
Luke Hyam, sold to Hibernian, 500k

Pre Season:

there were some mixed results in the pre season friendlies for me. good win against the reserves. good draw against lyon but have got to do better in the other games.

Ipswich 6 - 1 Ipswich Reserves
N'Daw, Smith, Martin, Scotland 3

Oxford 1 - 1 Ipswich
Taylor

Ipswich 0 - 4 FC Utrecht

Ipswich 1 - 2 St Ettiene

Ipswich 1 - 1 Lyon
Vassell

Bath 1 - 0 Ipswich

Start of the Season

Leauge Cup First and Second Round

Oxford 0 - 1 Ipswich
Vassell

Ipswich 1 - 3 Sunderland
Emmanuel Thomas

Championship Fixtures

Ipswich 1 - 1 Brighton
Chambers

Middlesborough 1 - 2 Ipswich
Taylor, Vassell

Ipswich 2 - 1 Leeds

Taylor, Brilliant month for me and the boys. only one loss to sunderland but they scored in the 92nd minute to take it to extra time. but we are unbeaten in the league.

Ipswich player of the month: Paul Taylor

Other Awards....

Player of the month - Sylvain Ebanks Blake, Wolves
Young Player of the Month - Scott Wooten, Cardiff
Goal of the Month - Andy Keogh, Millwall
Manager of the Month - Stale Stolbakken, Wolves

Last edited:
you didnt tell us who the player of the month was for Ipswich you just gave us the picture people like me dont have a clue who that is LOL other than that keep up the good work

oh yeahh. changed it now though. did you know who he was anyway or not??

September?!?!

good month for me and the boys. only 1 loss and still unbeaten at home. 4th in the leauge

Hull 2 - 1 Ipswich
Taylor

Ipswich 1 - 1 Huddesfield
Murphy

Watford 0 - 1 Ipswich
Ekstrand O.G.

Ipswich 2 - 0 Bolton
Cresswell, Murphy

Ipswich 1 - 0 Crystal Palace
Cresswell

Player of the Month for Ipswich: Aaron Cresswell

Player of the Month - Ian Evatt, Blackpool
Young Player of the Month - Shane Ferguson, Sheff.Wed
Goal of the Month - Scott Arfield, Huddesfield
Manager of the Month - Ian Holloway

pretty good so far mate, just an idea do wins in a different colour as it is slightly to bright imo. also add screenshots of the league table, and maybe talk about each match individually I.E against Palace we were unlucky not to win by a bigger margin due to the sheer class of midfield which won every ball and set up several chance for DJ Campbell who was having an off day. This is all i can say to really improve on.

You will learn how to get the hang of it it will also get more people interested.

1. I will change the colour in the next update
2. I don't how to do screenshots on the Windows 7
3. I will add in the detail in the next update

Thanks for the feedback though mate

1. I will change the colour in the next update
2. I don't how to do screenshots on the Windows 7
3. I will add in the detail in the next update

Thanks for the feedback though mate

im sure if u ask on the discussion thread someone will tell you how to do a screenshot

i totally agree about the color but look forward to see what signings you bring in. good start though keep it up

October?!?!

Barnsley 0 - 2 Ipswich
Smith, Vassell

great win for the boys against a hard time to play away against. brilliant header by Smith to start it up and then a cool finish by Vassell finished it off for us.

Bristol City 1 - 4 Ipswich
Taylor 2, Smith, Vassell

excellent win for the boys against top of the leauge Bristol City. brilliant game by Taylor led to him getting a rating of 9.80 after 2 spectaculer goals

Ipswich 0 - 1 Leicester

deserved win for Leicester as we were not into the game really. they had 65% possession and a lot of shots so they should have easilly won

Ipswich 3 - 0 Burnley
Drury, Scotland 2

brilliant win for the boys against 2nd place Burnley, and a gret way to bounce back from the earlier defeat to Leicester. good game for Scotland as i had put him on the transfer list so he really showed why he should stay here.

Blackpool 1 - 1 Ipswich
Smith

we were lucky to even get a point out of this game because it was all Blackpool the whole game. got to thank Scott Loach as he made 23 saves in that game to keep us in it, and it was a good volley by Smith to put it as a draw.

Ipswich Man of the Month: Tommy Smith

Other Awards...

Player of the Month: Charlie Austin of Burnley
Young Player of the Month: Jordan Mutch of Cardiff
Goal of the Month: Paul Taylor of Ipswich
Manager of the Month: Stale Stolbakken

View attachment 281508 View attachment 281512 View attachment 281513

October?!?!

Barnsley 0 - 2 Ipswich
Smith, Vassell

great win for the boys against a hard time to play away against. brilliant header by Smith to start it up and then a cool finish by Vassell finished it off for us.

Bristol City 1 - 4 Ipswich
Taylor 2, Smith, Vassell

excellent win for the boys against top of the leauge Bristol City. brilliant game by Taylor led to him getting a rating of 9.80 after 2 spectaculer goals

Ipswich 0 - 1 Leicester

deserved win for Leicester as we were not into the game really. they had 65% possession and a lot of shots so they should have easilly won

Ipswich 3 - 0 Burnley
Drury, Scotland 2

brilliant win for the boys against 2nd place Burnley, and a gret way to bounce back from the earlier defeat to Leicester. good game for Scotland as i had put him on the transfer list so he really showed why he should stay here.

Blackpool 1 - 1 Ipswich
Smith

we were lucky to even get a point out of this game because it was all Blackpool the whole game. got to thank Scott Loach as he made 23 saves in that game to keep us in it, and it was a good volley by Smith to put it as a draw.

Ipswich Man of the Month: Tommy Smith

Other Awards...

Player of the Month: Charlie Austin of Burnley
Young Player of the Month: Jordan Mutch of Cardiff
Goal of the Month: Paul Taylor of Ipswich
Manager of the Month: Stale Stolbakken

View attachment 281508 View attachment 281512 View attachment 281513

Loads Better

November?!?!

Notts Forest 2 - 2 Ipswich
Drury, Scotland

great draw against a good side, thought we had wond considering we were 2-0 up after 5 minutes,
but they hit back with 2 good goals

Cardiff 2 - 3 Ipswich
Murphy 2, Smith

brilliant win against top of the leauge Cardiff, they took the lead but we hit back with 3 great goals.
but they hit back as wellbut couldnt find the important goal they needed

Ipswich 3 - 1 Derby
Taylor 2, Murphy

another great win for the boys against good opposition. took a 3-0 lead within 30 minutes,
derby scored late on but was only a consolation

Peterborugh 1 - 0 Ipswich

dissapointing result here, most people expected us to win but we coul not deliver.

Ipswich 1 - 1 Wolves
Smith

great draw here against very tough opposition, brilliant header by Tommy Smith started it all off
for us but they equalised late on

Blackburn 3 - 2 Ipswich
Taylor 2

we started off well when taylor scored after 15 minutes. they equalised soon after but Taylor scored again to put us 2-1 ahead. Vukcevic scored twice to win the game for Blackburn

Ipswich Player of the Month: Darryl Murphy

daryl-murphy150x150.jpg

Other Awards

Player of the Month: Matty Fryett of Hull
Young Player of the Month: Scott Malone of Millwall
Goal of the Month: Danny Murphy of Blackburn
Manager of the Month: Steve Bruce of Hull
images
images
images
images

View attachment 281676 View attachment 281678 View attachment 281679