Bringing Dreams Back To The Theatre.

Poptastic

Reaction score
Side Note - I have been playing Football Manager for over 10 years now, but have only just decided to sign up to FM-Base. I am going to be making a Manchester United Story. As many other United fans, I was disappointed with a trophy-less season. After losing out on Goal Difference to Man City, not making it through the Champions League group. I, will therefore, try to change that, and make United a team to be feared to clubs like Barcelona, City, Chel$ki and Byern Munich.
Manchester United

View attachment 271843

After a rare season for Manchester United, coming out of a trophy-less season was hard to digest, not only for fans but obviously for the manager too.
David Gill had this to say, "We (United) have been speaking to Sir Alex, and under much negotiation, we were unable to persuade him to carry on at the helm"
Sir Alex Ferguson has stated that, with Manchester United needing to change their style of play and take up the new challenge that England and the rest of Europe have to offer, he will be stepping down and hand over the charge of United to someone younger. This, he says, will help breed the new style of football, that is moving into England, and push Manchester United Forward on all fronts.

Many United fans are disappointed at the loss of their legendary manager, but he say's he will be helping the new manager over the next coming years.
Manchester United have confirmed that Unknown Shaun Popps, will be the new man in charge.
Popps has not played professional football, but was relatively successful as a Sunday league footballer. But Sir Alex seems confident with the man he put forward to take over him, stating,
"I have been in contact with Popps for almost 5 years now, and he has been working as my kind of.. understudy. I have been really impressed with his tactical knowledge and how he relates with the players and I'm excited for him to show the fans what he can do."

Sir Alex has left Popps with a legacy of experience and youth, which he believes with give him a boost with getting the team up running. He also left with a shrewd bit of business, signing English wonderkid Nick Powell, Playmaker Shinji Kagawa and to many peoples surprise, the biggest signing of the season so far, Robin Van Persie.

"I am happy to be taking over at United, it really is a dream come true. The team that Sir Alex has left me is impressive to say the least, and bringing in players like Shinji and Van Persie only ads to that"

Popps has agreed a 2 year deal with the prospect of extending after the first year.​