Bringing England back to Manchester/South London

FulhamFan101

Reaction score
Ok, i'll start off by saying i've never, ever started a game on any FM with a team any higher than League 2. The other day a good friend (and another avid LLM fan) suggested that we see if we can play in the park with the big boys. It was decided to start as either Manchester City or Chelsea...Ok, please don't boo me off stage yet! This isn't you average game with one of these teams. There is just one condition: I will not buy a player who wasn't born in the UK. Not just in my first season, i mean EVER! This will also mean i will sell anyone who wasn't!
Now, i know what your thinking, Manchester City and Chelsea have a silly amount of money to play with. This is true BUT bearing in mind i don't play in the big boys league so for me its still a challenge.
What i'm after here, i guess, is for advice on players (Yes, i know about Mattock, Delph and Beevers) and if this is a good idea or not.
If anyone has an idea of another team i could start with, please share with me.

Cheers guys.

Sounds like a great idea mate, but it's gonna be hard to stay away from buying the whole England team. I don't know much about British players on FM and I only know a couple that could interest you;
Aaron Ramsey makes a great playmaker I bought him for Liverpool in my first season and got Alonso to tutor him and although not having the defensive qualities he turns out to be a great playmaker having high passing and creativity stats which are pivotal in this role.
Micah Richards is a great young CB and has good pace to nullify fast strikers but it might be hard to find a good young defender with as good a heading ability as Federico Fazio to partner Richards in the centre.
Alot of young strikers come to mind for example Ched Evans, Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck but one that stands out for me is Ishmael Miller the young West Brom striker 18 pace so will outpace most defenders in the first season and I always find him in pain when playing against him as he always manages to get in and score on the counter attack.
Hope this helped.

emm if you have lots of money to spare then i recommend buying a few everton players , lescott, jagielka, arteta and yakubu are all amazing for me just now
also try a few of the udinese players ;) inler etc

emm if you have lots of money to spare then i recommend buying a few everton players , lescott, jagielka, arteta and yakubu are all amazing for me just now
also try a few of the udinese players ;) inler etc
Lescott and Jagielka are very good players and are worth a look. Arteta, Yakubu and Inler have one disadvantage...

Cracking idea that like, I would consider trying that out, if I wasn't so lazy.

Your "home player bias" or whatever will be 20, mines normally about 3.

Yeah look at some everton players. I know I'm a red but Jagielka, Lescott, Rodwell and Gosling are all boss on the game. Also Micah Richards is great. Buy him an Lescott an you've got an amazing centre of defence. Look at Joe Hart in goal too he's good while at the other end of the pitch Heskey and Owen will score goals and you can get them for a combined price of 10 million. Hope these help!

Try Gabby Agbonlahor the onlt thing about he is he has low finishing and compusure but abart from that hes good

Try John Fleck from Rangers, very young but has the potential to be very good.

I love the idea,
Just buy the Villa team they can field a full English side :p.
is this going to be gradual, because if it is regens will start to appear.. surely some of them will be good.

Jimmy Bullard
Dean Windass :p

Last edited:
If you want to try a start a team and get them all UK you should start off as Arsenal as they have hardly any english based players in the game ;).

If you want to try a start a team and get them all UK you should start off as Arsenal as they have hardly any english based players in the game ;).

Haha! This is sooo true! I had the idea of it being Citeh and Chelski but the **** could be a good one too.

My approach for this game will be to buy a Brit for every Foregner i sell. Hopefully i can have most of the team sorted by mid Jan. I'll keep updating you all on my progress and post a few screenies if anyone is interested.
Thanks for feedback and ideas guys. If anyone else wants to try this, i'd love to see how you get on.