Do you follow this story?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score

Charlton Athletic Football Club have announced that Chris Powell has resigned as manager due to personal problems. Michael Slater has arranged press conference for tommorrow, July 6th, 2011.

Chairman: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming. As you all know, Chris Powell has resigned yesterday as a manager of this football club. I decided to arrange a press conference today, so I could answer to your questions. You may begin.

BBC: Mr Slater, why this sudden reaction by Powell, were there some issues you couldn't resolve?

Chairman: No issues, really. Chris wanted to leave us and concentrate on some problems he had. I won't tell you the reason, as I don't consider myself the exact person to tell you that. It's on us to continue his work at Charlton.

BBC: Do you have a replacement for Chris Powell? When can we expect him?

Chairman: It's a done deal, we have a manager and he will be holding a press conference tommorrow here. I think we made a good choice, he's not familiar to people inside a UK, but he's very young and talented, we share the same vision for this club and I'm happy he's joining us.

BBC: Do you really think this is the time for letting a complete stranger take over your team?

Chairman: The only think I care is his football knowledge and vision. He has both and I'm confident he will lead this club forward. That's all for now, thank you. We'll see you tommorrow here.

images

Chairman: Good afternoon to you all, I'm glad you're here in the same number as yesterday. I'm very pleased to welcome Nikola Kelovic and thank him for taking over our team. I'll just say a few words and let Nikola introduce himself. We met last year at Vienna, where we played friendly game against Rapid and Nikola were there with his past team. As soon as he start talking about football, I recognized the same passion for football I have. This was the perfect moment to call him and offer the manager job. Can't be happier he's here. Nikola, welcome.

Kelovic: Thank you, Mr Slater, for that kind words and introduction. I won't say too much as I prefer answering your questions. I'm 25, born in Belgrade, Serbia, but I'm Montenegrin, as my grandparents are from there. I know a lot about this club, as I'm very much familiar with English football. I'll do my best to bring Charlton where it belongs.

Guardian: Mr Kelovic, why do you think you are the man for this job? You're very young to be a manager, aren't you?

Kelovic: I have a proper education and experience. I've been in football for whole my life, so I don't think it's a problem that I'm only 25.

Sky: Hello Mr Kelovic and welcome. What type of football do you prefer? What could we expect from Charlton?

Kelovic: Thank you. I prefer attacking football, which you will see. The transition must be quick, with a lot of movements and direct play. I think Charlton already have a decent squad and I'm confident in bringing my style of football here.

BBC: Do you already have a starting 11 in your head?

Kelovic: Of course not, I just got here, we need a nice pre-season and preparation for the npower League 1. Before that, I must see who's leaving us and what type of players do we need to bring.

Fans-site: Are you a one-club man? Can we expect from you to be the new Alan Curbishley?

Kelovic: I think I can dedicate myself to one club, and it honours me to be compared to Alan, he's a great manager.

Chairman: All right, I think that's a fair amount of questions, you must let Nikola work.

BBC: One more question, Mr Slater. Can you tell us the financial part of his contract?

Chairman. Of course, no reason to hide anything. Two-years contract, 5 000 per month, for now. We'll see how it goes.

Transfer-Centre-Sky-Sports-News-Radio_2881898.jpg

IN:

Pablo Mouche, 23, Argentina, Striker - I need left inside forward and Pablo is always my first choice. He's quick, agressive, decent finishing, always has a good amount of goals and assists. Fee: 150k Wage: 6,500 p/w

Xavier Tomas, 25, France, stopper - With Leon Cort as my 1st choice and Morrison as 2nd, Tomas will spark the competition for place in the centre of defence. Matt Taylor is also there, but he stays as a back-up. Fee: 10k Wage: 2,500 p/w

Paul Pogba, 18, France, midfielder - well-known player, he'll probably be my 1st choice playmaker. Fee: loan Wage: 0%

Glenn Verbauwhede, 26, Belgium, goalkeeper - fantastic gk, his contract is huge, but I think he'll repay us with good games. Fee: free transfer Wage: 9,500 p/w

Sam Togwell, 26, England, defensive midfielder - I'm not thrilled, but he's a decent solution for now. Fee: 250k Wage: 3,000 p/w

OUT:

Nick Pope, 18, England, goalkeeper - lack of quality, lack of talent, simply not good enough for us and he'll never be, so I terminated his contract.

Yado Mambo, 19, England, stopper - also not good enough for us, so we sold him to Kettering. Fee: 5k

Johnnie Jackson, 28, England, midfielder - he's a decent lad, but we got 150k from Burnley for him, got Pogba earlier and also have some good young lads to replace him. Good job, I'd say.

John Sullivan, 23, England, goalkeeper - I don't need three goalkeepers, he's the worst of them, so we loaned him to AFC Wimbledon.

Last edited:
4716.JPG

2011/2012
TEAM INTRODUCTION

Goalkeepers:

Glenn Verbauwhede (26, Belgium) -
as I said earlier, great GK, and my first choice this season. I also gave him the role of vice-captain.
Ben Hamer (23, England) -
back-up keeper of decent quality, he's still young and I'll do my best to prepare him for replacing Verbauwhede one day.

Defence:

Simon Francis (26, England) -
versatille defender, he can play in every single position in our defence, but I'll be using him as a back-up full back.
Leon Cort (31, Guyana) -
an experienced central defender, great player and I expect him to be the leader of our back four.
Xavier Tomas (25, France) -
he was my best defender at AEL when I was managing them, the leader of my defence in our Champions League campain in the second season. I have no doubt he will be become the leader od Athletic defence soon, as I'm planing Leon to guide us only for a season or two.
Michael Morrison (23, England) -
now, this is the lad in which I have a lot of faith. He's still young and has a lot to learn from Leon and Xavier, but I'm optimistic about his future in the game.
Matt Taylor (26, England) -
lower league defender, I'm sure this league is the top he can play in, so won't be with us next season, I hope. Definitely my 4th choice.
Chris Solly (20, England) - one of my favorite players, great talent and the lad I'll be pushing to his limits this season. My first-choice right back.
Rhoys Wiggins (23, Wales) -
nice player, decent in both ways, he'll probably be my first choice on the left side.
Cedric Evina (19, Cameroon) -
former Arsenal lad, offensive full back, he can play all to left inside forward, but I prefer my full backs to be good in defence, which he's not, so...second choice.

Midfield:

Sam Togwell (26, England) -
our new anchor man, from Scunthorpe. He's our only defensive midfielder for now, and the best we could get, so I hope he won't dissapoint us. Solid attributes, but a little bit slow.
Mikel Alonso (31, Spain) - ah, we meet again. As I'm a Bolton fan, I remember Mikel from 2007/08 season when he was on loan from Real Sociedad. Good player, not as good as his brother, but I hope he'll help us this season. Probably will play him on ball-wining midfielder position. He will also cover the anchor man position.
Danny Hollands (25, England) -
great player, my captain and my first choice on BWM position for sure.
Paul Pogba (18, France) -
I know he's young, but I'll push him to be our first playmaker. With Mikel and Danny around to help him, he can develop in the way I hope.
Dale Stephens (22, England) -
slow, but useful. Will be my back-up for every position in the midfield.
Ruben Bover (19, Spain) -
great talent, he needs games to develop, so he'll play in Carling Cup, FA Cup and some other less important games. Can cover all midfield and winger positions.

Forwards:

Danny Haynes (23, England) -
fantastic player and definitely my first choice on right forward position. I expect him to score 20+ goals and add some decent amount of assists.
Danny Green (23, England) -
not a forward, but a winger, so we won't be keeping him here for a long time.
Pablo Mouche (23, Argentina) -
one of my favorite players in this game, always good up front, can both score and assist, natural winner and fighter. Simply, great player.
Scott Wagstaff (21, England) - that's what I call a good wing forward. Great pace, skillful, can score goals. And also very young, so he's a good prospect for the future. Probably second choice on both sides.
Salim Kerkar (24, Algeria) - decent player, we'll see what he can. So far, I'm not impressed.
Serges Deble (21, Ivory Coast) - I don't know what is he doing here, he doesn't have work permit, I can't send him on loan, I'm in stalemate position with this lad. And it's a shame, because he seems to be a good player.
Bradley Wright-Phillips (26, England) - typical poacher, just the type of player I needed for my style of football. Our first goalscorer this season, I hope!
Yann Kermorgant (29, France) - never heard of him, but so far he looks good and should be a decent option in attack.

Expectations:

Npower League 1: promotion
FA Cup:
3rd round
Carling Cup:
2nd round
JP Trophy:
not important

TACTICS AND PRE-SEASON

untitled.jpg

This is my 4-3-3 formation I've been using for a long time now. It is based on five attackers (two IFs, AP, BBM and a poacher up front) and five defenders (back four and anchor man). Every player has his own instructions. Central defenders are responsible only for defending (they go up front when we have a corner or a free kick), full backs go in both ways, but are more responsible for the defending. Anchor man has a simple ball when has a ball in his feet - pass it shortly to the nearest player, don't complicate, play simple! BBM has instructions for a ball-winning midfielder, but play with this role as I realised his movements are then increased. AP organizes our play, while our attackers must have a high radius of movements. They should always be in move, always lurking and trying to find space. Their quest is to go across the goal, not towards the wings.

untitled2.jpg

We didn't have enough time to play more games, but this is enough, as we'll play about 60 games in this season. No injuries, no losts, good job.

CARLING CUP 1st ROUND DRAW

119_gillinghamfclogo_1325007836.jpg

at Priestfield Stadium, August 10th​

August update

Transfers

View attachment 378090

No transfer activities, I'm pleased with my squad, and in case of injuries we'll probably loan someone.

Results:
View attachment 378083
Bury 1:3 Charlton Athletic
(Mouche 12'(p), Haynes 32', Wright-Phillips 61')

My first game as a Charlton manager and I must say it went great. We dominated the match, scored an early goal, doubled the result before half-time and managed to finish them in the second half. Too bad for Bury goal, as they scored in stoppage time.

View attachment 378087
GillinghamCity 1:4 Charlton Athletic
(Wright-Phillips 9', Wagstaff 34', Tomas 50', Hollands 62'(p))

Not so important competition, so I decided to rotate my squad a little bit. Wagstaff was man of the match, with both goal and assist, some decent crosses and nice moves. Again, I feel sorry for conceding a late goal, but that's football. We drew Fulham away in the next game, a London derby!

View attachment 378083
Charlton Athletic 2:0 Stevenage
(Solly 85', Kermorgant 87')

Great resistance from the away team, but I knew we're gonna score sooner or later. Solly wanted to cross the ball, but it finished in the opposition net. Oh well, we deserved that goal, and Kermorgant scored his first of the season, nice effort from inside the box. He'll probably start one of next games.
View attachment 378083
Sheffield Wednesday 0:4 Charlton Athletic
(Togwell 21', Mouche 66'(p), Alonso 72', Wagstaff 88')

One easy victory for a change, against great Wednesday squad. I guess this wasn't their day, we crushed them, with Wagstaff on the scoresheet again, and a really nice effort by Togwell.

View attachment 378087
Fulham 2:0 Charlton Athletic

I'm really dissapointed to lose the game like this, we conceded an early goal and haven't managed to respond well until the end of the half. We had some good chances in the second half, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess. Feeling sorry for the fans, this was a derby game...
View attachment 378083
Charlton Athletic 1:0 Oldham Athletic
(Kermorgant 74')

Basically, the same situation from our last home game against Stevenage. They tried to avoid defeat at any cost, but this time Kermorgant showed class. He'll start the next game, as Phillips is missing his chances recently. We're now topping the table, with 12 pts from four games!

League table

Addick of the month

View attachment 378091

Chris Solly

Chris have already proved me that he'll be my first choice in every single game this season. He played all six games so far, with average rating of 7.54, a goal and an assist.​

September update

Transfers

View attachment 378163

Jose Baxter (19, England) - we got him on 3 months loan from Everton, talented lad, can play up front and on both wings.
Andrea Orlandi (27, Italy) - another loan deal, midfielder from Swansea, you'll soon see why we've needed him.

Results

View attachment 378164
Charlton Athletic 0:1 Colchester United

Shocking loss, we were better team, but just failed to score any goals. They had one single shot in target, and that was the decisive moment. I'm afraid to say we lost Alonso for the rest of the year, while Kermorgant will be 7 weeks out. That's why we brought Orlandi and Baxter.

View attachment 378164
Carlisle United 0:2 Charlton Athletic
(Wright-Phillips 22', Baxter 67')

Good win and good to see Bradley back in the scoresheet. He used his chance now when Kermorgant has got injured, so I hope to see more goals from the lad. Baxter in the scoresheet on his debut, fantastic job.

View attachment 378164
Charlton Athletic 2:1 Chesterfield
(Wright-Phillips 78', Mouche 87')

It's just incredible how much time we need sometimes to score and get things going. Chesterfield got ahead early in the game, so we had to chase the result the whole time, and the last 15 minutes were crucial. Nice winnr by Mouche and his first goal-from-play, third overall in the season.

View attachment 378164
Charlton Athletic 0:0 Hartlepool

I don't get it, it's now like a torture to see my players missing chances when we play on The Valley. Away from home, we have no problems, but seems that on our grass we have some issues. Bradley missing a lot, another reason to be worried.

View attachment 378164
Preston North End 1:2 Charlton Athletic
(Mouche 57', 83')

Preston have an awful season, they were at the bottom before this match and it was our job to keep them on that spot, and of course, to keep us at the top. We did it, but again, with bunch of chances missed and had been punished by home team 10 minutes before the end, when one cross got deflected off Morrison directly into our net. Mouche saved us with his second goal, and I must say, fantastic assist by Haynes, who had some problems with his games recently. He isn't scoring goals, but his performances are better now.

League table

Addick of the month

View attachment 378168

Pablo Mouche

Some really nice performances by Pablo, three crucial goals for the team and average rating of 7.44 in the September games. Keep it up, mate.​

October update

Transfers

View attachment 378302

Salim Kerkar (24, Algeria) - left winger will be joining his new teammates at Pescara in January. He failed to adapt on English style of life and play. I'm not too down-hearted, decent player, 3rd in rotation, farewell.

Results

View attachment 378304
Brentford 1:3 Charlton Athletic
(Morrison 5', Haynes 46', Mouche 84')

Brilliant performance, Haynes finally finding a way to the net, and Mouche confirming his fantastic form. Another easy away win against a solid Brentford side.

View attachment 378313
Charlton Athletic 3:0 Leyton Orient
(Stephens 18', Wright-Phillips 34', Orlandi 63')

Superb win against a fairly weaker opponent with our mixed-up team. Orlandi scored a nice debut goal, and Bradley just managed to end his goal drought before injuring himself, so he'll be out for a month. No new loans in plan, we have Baxter and Haynes to play up front.
View attachment 378304
Charlton Athletic 3:2 MK Dons
(Tomas 28', James og 44', Wagstaff 63')

Tough game with Matt James both as a hero and a loser. We had some luck in the 1st half, I must admit, but looking overall, we deserved a win and new three points. Good game for Dons, I must say, they deserve more than 16th place.

View attachment 378304
Wycombe Wanderers 0:3 Charlton Athletic
(Mouche 21', Wagstaff 31', Haynes 59')

I must admit, this is probably our best game this season. Everything went according to plan, my three attackers all in the scoresheet, no injuries...have to be delighted. 7 points clear at the moment!

View attachment 378304
Charlton Athletic 2:0 Exeter City
(Wagstaff 4', Haynes 78')

More of these games, please? :) It's simple when we score in the first 20 minutes. In that case, we simply cannot lose and it is only question how many goals we'ree gonna score. It was just two this time, but three points are what really matters.

View attachment 378304
Sheffield United 0:2 Charlton Athletic
(Hollands 25', Mouche 61'(p))

Aaaand we won a derby game! :D United were third before this game, thay have a great squad and I'm really delighted we beat them. Seems easily, but they had a fair amount of chances...and have missed them all. We're now 10 points clear, Colchester are second.

View attachment 378304
Charlton Athletic 0:2 Rochdale

Shocking result. Six wins in a row and then a massive dissapointment. They fully deserve a praise for 90 minutes of play, we had our chances, but that's just nothing in compare to our past games in October. Shame, really shame, but one lost doesn't change much, we're still topping the table, again 7 pts clear.

League table

Addick of the month

View attachment 378315

Xavier Tomas

Tomas became true leader of our defence, as I have predicted he would. His games in October were fantastic, no mistakes, simple play, and a goal to score. Fully deserved award for the lad.

And to conclude this update, I finally received a Manager of the month award. :) It slipped away in the past two occasions, but now it's mine. 83% win ratio for now, 6 wins from 7 games in October. Let's keep it up!​

November update

Transfers

View attachment 378467

Andrea Orlandi and Jose Baxter returned to their clubs at the end of the November, after their loans have finished. We'll definitely try to loan Orlandi back in January, and probably return Pogba to Man Utd. Orlandi had an average rating of 7.38, played 13 games, scored three goals and added three assists. Baxter was very poor, only one goal on 11 appearences and av. rating of 6.70. As for Paul Pogba, he will have an extra month to prove himself. For now, he failed to score any goal on 11 occasions, with only single assist, with av. rating of 6.95.

Results

View attachment 378468
Tranmere Rovers 1:3 Charlton Athletic
(Togwell 17', Wright-Phillips 23', Mouche 60')

Great comeback after an early goal by Rovers, with Togwell in the scoresheet again, and Mouche continuing his great form. Another away win, we now have 7-0-0 far away from home, which is amazing.

View attachment 378468
Bornemouth 0:2 Charlton Athletic
(Orlandi 57', Wagstaff 92')

Tough win against a good B'mouth side. They're heading for the play-offs and I could see why, I must say that fair result should be 1-1, but they failed to use any of their chances. Wagstaff scoring once again, good play by this lad, he's my first choice on right inside forward position for a month, and will be if he continues.

View attachment 378469
Charlton Athletic 3:0 Cheltenham Town
(Wagstaff 28', Haynes 60', Tomas 86')

Great win in the JPT with mixed team, we managed both to win and rest some of our key players. Brentford away in the quarterfinals, tough draw.

View attachment 378470

Scunthorpe United 1:4 Charlton Athletic
(Mouche 14', Wright-Phillips 23', Wagstaff 26', 34')

Amazing first half, we were 4-1 ahead, so the second half was the time to rest and keep this result going. The plan is to go all the way to the third round, so it's one game to go now. Oldham Athletic, home.

View attachment 378468
Charlton Athletic 4:2 Yeovil Town
(Cort 8', 34', Orlandi 48', Morrison 64')

Great performance by Leon Cort, he scored both goals from play and was superb in front of our goal, too. Third win in a row now, and we're 8 points clear at the top. But, bad news...we lost both our full backs, Solly and Wiggins. Solly will be out for two months, and he was probably our most consistant player so far, while Wiggins was decent on the left side, but still is better player than Evina. He'll be out for a month.

View attachment 378468
Scunthorpe United 1:1 Charlton Athletic
(Wright-Phillips 79')

We have already beaten them, only a week ago, 4-1 at this stadium, but now they were fantastic and I don't know how we managed to get a draw. Bradley missed three CCC before netting a goal after deflection. I must say he's ******* me off a little bit, 8 goals this season, but almost every single one after a deflection or a perfect assist by one of his team-mates. Can't do anything by himself.

View attachment 378469
Brentford 1:4 Charlton Athletic
(Mouche 17', Wright-Phillips 52', Lee og 61', Wagstaff 74')

Another superb win in this competition, we're now in the Semis and this could be a great chance to win a trophy for our fans. Minor competition, but definitely a reason to celebrate if we win. Bornemouth in the Semis, with Huddersfield or Shrewsbury as a potential rival in the Final game.

League table

Addick of the month

View attachment 378471

Scott Wagstaff

Scott is doing great whole season, but November was definitely his month. He played in six games, scored four goals and added three assists, with an average rating of 7.48.

Aaaand another Manager of the month award, second in a row :) 10 points in 4 games, still first with 8 points advantage and a game in hand.

Last edited:
December update

Transfers

View attachment 378495

We've signed new contracts with Mikel Alonso and Bradley Wright-Phillips. They got their wages rised, Alonso now has 210 000 p/a (160 000 before), while Bradley has 400 000 p/a (300 000 before). I think the second one is too much, but it was big risk to lose him on a free transfer, as his form has improved recently.

Pogba is definitely staying with us until June.

Serges Deble had his contract terminated. He's not getting work permit, I can't loan him, so he's useless. But, he'd never complained and I think he could be a good player in the future. All the best to the lad.

Results

View attachment 378497

Charlton Athletic 4:0 Oldham Athletic
(Haynes 8', Alonso 28', Wright-Phillips 36', Baxter 60')

Great win and we're in the Third round, which was our goal before the Cup started. Swansea are waiting for us there, so I guess we won't be going any further.

View attachment 378500
Charlton Athletic 3:0 Notts County
(Pogba 1', Mouche 21'(p), Stewart og 36')

Pogba finally on the scoresheet, fourteen second after the start! :) He was declared man of the match, and I hope he'll continue playing like this, we need him.

View attachment 378500
Charlton Athletic 3:0 Walsall
(Wright-Phillips 1', 69', Cort 55')

Another first-minute goal, and it's so easy to win the game when you punch your opposition right in the face like that. :D Good to see Bradley scoring a brace, his first of the season. 11 points clear now!

View attachment 378500
Huddersfield Town 0:7 Charlton Athletic
(Wright-Phillips 7', 14', Mouche 29', 45+1', Wagstaff 27', Pogba 71', Haynes 81')

What could I say, really? Everything set up so good for us, 21 shot, 11 in the target, and seven goals in Hudds net. Another brace for Bradley, he also added two assists, both for Mouche, they are great duo. Fantastic.

View attachment 378500
Charlton Athletic 2:1 Leyton Orient
(Tomas 17', Wagstaff 42')

Seems tough win, but it wasn't really. We were in control the whole game, and putting the result aside, it was a dominating game for us. 13 points clear! B|

View attachment 378500
Stevenage 0:2 Charlton Athletic
(Hollands 10', Julian og 17')

They practically let us get with a win with that own goal. From that point, the game was over. Nice goal from the captain!

League table

Addick of the month

View attachment 378509

Bradley Wright-Phillips

I had much expectations from Bradley in July, but he was simply failing to respond. Until December :) We talked a little bit, he said he needs a contract extension, I demanded him to start playing on higher level, and since the challenge was accepted, goals were coming. Well done mate, you deserved a new contract.

Third in a row award for Manager of the month, and first Young player of the month award for a Charlton player. It goes for Paul Pogba. :)

January & February update

I must try to speed up this story, as I'm already playing a new season :)

Transfers

View attachment 379430

Andrea Orlandi (27, Spain) - our playmaker is back! :) He had a great first half of the season and I'm glad Swansea let him come back until July.
Ross Perry (21, Scotland) - we got this lad on a season long loan deal, as Rangers had no plan to push him in the first team. We also have an option tu buy him for 250k, which is good.
Simon Church (23, Wales) - 3 months loan, I hope Simon can poach a few goals for us.
Sam Johnstone (18, England) - after Glenn got injured, we were in a rush to find a decent goalie, I just hope Sam will cope with the expectations.
Shane Ferguson (20, England) - a young left-back from Newcastle is here to replace injured Wiggins. Another loan, of course.

Yann Kermorgant (30, France) - after he got recovered from a hard injury, I decided it would be best for everyone to make a transfer. His new club is French side Havre FC.

Results

View attachment 379443Charlton Athletic 2:1 Bury
(Haynes 46', Wagstaff 88')

Decent win after a comeback in the second half, and a late winner to make this victory sweet. Good to see Wagstaff scoring again, this lad is in shape.

View attachment 379444

Swansea City 4:1 Charlton Athletic
(Tomas 47')

I'm really dissapointed we lost like this, cuz we didn't deserve to concede four goals. Swans are a great side and they should have no problems staying in Premiership. We reached our goal, Third round, which is important.

View attachment 379443
Charlton Athletic 3:0 Sheffield Wednesday
(Alonso 25' Mouche 37', Wagstaff 66')

Superb win over Wednesday in a match we were dominating from the 1st minute.

View attachment 379443
Odlham Athletic 0:5 Charlton Athletic
(Wright-Phillips 13', 25', 39'(p), 46', Tomas 45+1')

An amazing performance by Bradley and a superb win over weak Oldham side. BWP is now top scorer of npower League 1!

View attachment 379445
Bornemouth 0:5 Charlton Athletic
(Hayned 16', 69', Pogba 47', Wright-Phillips 54', Tomas 79')

One great win over another, this time we crushed very good B'mouth side and secured JPT final! Second leg is going to be a good opportunity to test some young players at this level of football.

View attachment 379443
Colchester United 2:2 Charlton Athletic
(Williams og 13', Orlandi 41')

A derby game ended with a draw, and Colchester proved us they have their own way in treating us, as they got 4 pts this season in our matches. Still, they are 17 points behind us on the table. Mouche got seriously injured and he'll be out for 6 weeks.

View attachment 379443
Charlton Athletic 1:1 Carlisle United
(Wright-Phillips 1')

They scored from a single shot so I can't be happy with this draw, but I also can't be too harsh on the boys, they are playing fantastic in every single game, including this one, but to win every game is simply impossible.

View attachment 379443
Chesterfield 1:2 Charlton Athletic
(Wright-Phillips 62', Tomas 68')

Another win after comeback which proves me that this team has a spirit and knows how to channel it into a good performance and a result on the pitch. 23rd goal of the season for BWP.

View attachment 379445
Charlton Athletic 0:1 Bornemouth

We played with youth players and a few reserves, and B'mouth still failed to win by a decent goal margin. We're in the Finals! Out opponent there is Huddersfield Town.

View attachment 379443
Charlton Athletic 3:0 Preston North End
(Orlandi 5', Haynes 25', Wright-Phillips 69')

Another easy win over Preston, they are one of the weakest League 1 sides this year and we really had no problems with them in both games.

View attachment 379443
Hartlepool United 1:4 Charlton Athletic
(BWP 3', 74', Alonso 63', Francis 71')

Really good game and a massive victoru over H'pool. Wiggins got injured so this was the game after which I've decided to bring Shane Ferguson in to play left-back.

View attachment 379443
MK Dons 1:0 Charlton Athletic

I'm stunned, as Dons completely outplayed us and deserved their victory. Relaxing game by my players, which I won't tolerate. Still topping the table, of course, with 19 points ahead of Colchester.

View attachment 379443
Charlton Athletic 2:1 Brentford
(Hollands 31', Cort 38')

And yet another comeback after a goal down, simply great :)

League table

No league table, sorry, I couldn't take the SS. We're 19 points ahead of Colchester, 20 of Sheffield United and 26 of Bornemouth.

Addick of the January

View attachment 379458

Bradley Wright Phillips

Second consecutive award for the lad, and he fully deserved it. Some amazing performances and 4 goals in one game. Brilliant.

Addick of the February

View attachment 379460

Danny Hollands

Danny is not a top player, but his work rate is excellent and he's everywhere on the pitch when we need him. Deserved award for him.​